Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Hi there, thanks for visiting and the comments. It is still a young tank, can't wait for Christmas when it will be a year old. yay.

Indeed, I bet its gonna get some great birthday presents :P

Tank looks beautiful.. At some point I should probably start a tank thread. MY RSM has been running 3 years now and it also packed! I love all of the SPS in yours. What temp does you tank typically run at?

Thanks! Tank stays between 77.5 and 79.5

Indeed, I bet its gonna get some great birthday presents :P

:lol::huh:

This tank is stuffed.

Same house, the 'small' tank:

She also has her sump full of frags.

No kidding! Is that really her DT?! :o

Pics in general with the new camera are A+. These actinic shots are the 'icing on the cake' :)

Thank you!

Tank looks fantastic Kat!! B) love it!!!!!!

Thanks a bunch.

No kidding! Is that really her DT?! :o

That was the (slightly) larger of two DTs, facing each other about 6 feet apart. The other was stocked as completely as that one, but I didn't get a great picture of it. As an example, she said that she has at least 70 maxi-minis in that tank.

She also said that she's never had corals fight.

:huh:

I set up the BRS doser for ALK today. Let's see how well it works.

I can never keep up with you, So you have the Ca and Alk dosing br BRS already right? How is that going? Do you like them???

Did you ever add a light in the flip part of the hood? Is that marinland fixture in yer sump???

Somehow I know more about your shoes than your tank. :o

I can never keep up with you, So you have the Ca and Alk dosing br BRS already right? How is that going? Do you like them???

Did you ever add a light in the flip part of the hood? Is that marinland fixture in yer sump???

Somehow I know more about your shoes than your tank. :o

:lol: No, you have too many tanks on here to follow.

The BRS doser went online for ALK today. Still have to hook up the Calcium. Manual dosing is a pain.

Did not add the light in the hood, I'm just deathly afraid of mangling the hood. Plus I get this awful crackling/crunching noise every now and then from the electricals and I think I am over the limit of how many things I can plug into the wall. It looks like a control room already. :eek:

The marineland fixture is in the DT to give my nightime viewing a pop.

Also I have not bought shoes in a while. Must correct that.

:lol: No, you have too many tanks on here to follow.

The BRS doser went online for ALK today. Still have to hook up the Calcium. Manual dosing is a pain.

Did not add the light in the hood, I'm just deathly afraid of mangling the hood. Plus I get this awful crackling/crunching noise every now and then from the electricals and I think I am over the limit of how many things I can plug into the wall. It looks like a control room already. :eek:

The marineland fixture is in the DT to give my nightime viewing a pop.

Also I have not bought shoes in a while. Must correct that.

Thanks my dear for the update.

Mmmmm? I think I need a new pair myself. I still have my old lizard skin boots, but might look into some new snakeskins.

I think I still have that pic of the boot on the RSM. Come to think of it, the pic of your shoe on your RSM was one of my favs for your avatar!

I found it:

IMG_0353.jpg

Good morning! I posted a picture of Gnocchi, my little cardinalfish in the photo contest. Woooot!

Speaking of Gnocchi, she's been rather mean to Google, the Chromis. Chases him around. Everybody chases Google around. :huh:

IMG_2619.CR2.jpg

I just love me those shots!!!

Not too many folks on here are old enough to remember, but those shots remind me of those blacklight posters from the early 70's. Trippy, man. B)

Breaking news! To make room for the 2 upcoming frag swaps and my shopping addiction, the following corals will be on the short list to exit the tank soon.

Pink Monti Cap

3-4 head Frogspawn

Blue cloves

Papaya Cloves

Nuclear Death Palys

Eagle Eyes

Lots of mushrooms

GSP

Scroll Coral

Pocillopora

Pink Millie

Purple Gorgonian

I just love me those shots!!!

Not too many folks on here are old enough to remember, but those shots remind me of those blacklight posters from the early 70's. Trippy, man. B)

We who grew up in the 90's had plenty of blacklight posters, too. Every time someone new sees my reef at night they say that's what it looks like.

Those who dabble in recreational "mood enhancers" when I'm having guests for a bbq have a tendency to get lost on their way back from the bathroom... Haha.

Breaking news! To make room for the 2 upcoming frag swaps and my shopping addiction, the following corals will be on the short list to exit the tank soon.

Pink Monti Cap

3-4 head Frogspawn

Blue cloves

Papaya Cloves

Nuclear Death Palys

Eagle Eyes

Lots of mushrooms

GSP

Scroll Coral

Pocillopora

Pink Millie

Purple Gorgonian

Which of those do I not have?

Pink Monti Cap

3-4 head Frogspawn

Blue cloves

Papaya Cloves

Nuclear Death Palys

Eagle Eyes

Lots of mushrooms

GSP

Scroll Coral

Pocillopora

Pink Millie

Purple Gorgonian

Might take the blue coves off you...

Which of those do I not have?

:huh: all of them? Purple headed green frog you might have.

The pink cap I know you want.

Blue clove polyps?

Papaya cloves?

Scroll coral?

Might take the blue coves off you...

NP

What are you shooting with?

The underwater shots were with my point and shoot - a Casio Exilm

casio-exilim-12-1-megapixel-digital-camera-hot-pink-leftviewimage-320w.jpg

Edited by metrokat

Why won't you let me be lazy?

Pink Monti Cap - want.

3-4 head Frogspawn - have plenty of euphy.

Blue cloves - have.

Papaya Cloves - have.

Nuclear Death Palys - have.

Eagle Eyes - have.

Lots of mushrooms - hate/have.

GSP - hate/have.

Scroll Coral - what color? I have one already from Pablo... But if you have Canary Scroll or something equally impressive, I might want.

Pocillopora - have.

Pink Millie - hmm... don't want.

Purple Gorgonian - have.

Why won't you let me be lazy?

Pink Monti Cap - want.

Scroll Coral - what color? I have one already from Pablo... But if you have Canary Scroll or something equally impressive, I might want.

Where in the world are you going to put these!

What color mushrooms do you have?

Where in the world are you going to put these!

What color mushrooms do you have?

I left a few "cliffs" around the RBTA bare in case it went rogue. There's room for stuff there. RBTA isn't growing since it doesn't like to eat when I feed the tank... and hasn't moved since the day after I brought it home.

Shrooms: I have a few red, blue, metallic teal, and multicolor green/teal/orange/purple ones. Some are mysteries since they're in total darkness and have browned out. All of them walk and kill my zoas and chalice, while spreading babies everywhere. Mushrooms suck.

Pic of scroll?

I left a few "cliffs" around the RBTA bare in case it went rogue. There's room for stuff there. RBTA isn't growing since it doesn't like to eat when I feed the tank... and hasn't moved since the day after I brought it home.

Shrooms: I have a few red, blue, metallic teal, and multicolor green/teal/orange/purple ones. Some are mysteries since they're in total darkness and have browned out. All of them walk and kill my zoas and chalice, while spreading babies everywhere. Mushrooms suck.

Pic of scroll?

I'll send you a pic of the scroll when I'm back from Dallas. I'm liking the sound of the multicolor shrooms.