Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I can't get the splash guard off. The knobby things are really stuck. I'm not sure how much force I should be using.

I can see the name on the bulbs, though. They're Hamilton 55W T5 PC bulbs.

I think this should be it:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Hamilton_Compac...UPCSPFF-vi.html

I think the white one is a 6700k, but as I haven't figure out how to get it out yet I'm not 100% sure.

Wow! I'm going to have to get those bulbs when it is time for my next change to see how they compare to the originals. While some argue that the original RSM bulbs are not true T5s, I will be curious to see the thickness of the tube barrels in person. Btw the 6700 is not enough, needs to be e 10k bulb.

I really appreciate the link.

For the knobby things, I use pliers, the salt creep makes it stick somewhat, you will be fine using a bit of force. In case it breaks since your tank is old, replacements are easily available.

this is one of the best tank shots I have seen. Any chance of posting a link to the full sized image? I wanna set it as my desktop background. lol

thank you, I am honored. I am out of town at the moment with iPad access, when I'm back home I'll send you a full size picture. PM me your email addy.

I want pink and purple and blue things kat if you're selling :D Need pics and prices msg'd to me! or fb'd to me... so i can chooooose :D

sure thing

Wow! I'm going to have to get those bulbs when it is time for my next change to see how they compare to the originals. While some argue that the original RSM bulbs are not true T5s, I will be curious to see the thickness of the tube barrels in person. Btw the 6700 is not enough, needs to be e 10k bulb.

I really appreciate the link.

I did read one report online where seven months after switching to the Hamilton bulbs someone's lighting completely fried out. It may or may not be related. That may be something you want to investigate further. This one will be getting an LED retrofit at some point in time (just not any time particularly soon), so I'm not overly worried.

Howdy from Dallas.

Something new is coming to this tank next week.

She's little.

She was very sought after.

She's expensive :angry:

She's very cute

She might have a sister with her

I might keep both of them :o

I can't wait!

:ninja:

Howdy from Dallas.

She's little.

She's very cute

I can't wait!

Hmm....

Howdy from Dallas.

She's little.

She's very cute

I can't wait!

Noooo... I MIGHT BE KEEPING BOTH!!!!

A smart man lets a woman believe she is in charge, but we all know who's wearing the pants around here.

Ya, that would be me considering how often smart man spends his time in the dog house.

I did read one report online where seven months after switching to the Hamilton bulbs someone's lighting completely fried out. It may or may not be related. That may be something you want to investigate further. This one will be getting an LED retrofit at some point in time (just not any time particularly soon), so I'm not overly worried.

Thanks, I'll do a search for that.

Pretty good. I trust you're doing well? How's the trip so far?

Could be better, I would like to get back to my hotel and put my feet up, might be able to do that for an hour before I have to show up for dinner with associates. Other than that, was 80+ degrees yesterday and is in the 40s and 50s today. Going to go home to a frankenstorm. Wish business was better to make up for it all. This is the south and they just seem to hang their hat on the elections every 4 years. You should call me to hear my southern twang. :lol:

Yeah this weather is wacky. I'd give you a foot massage if I were there. I think things will pick up after the elections. People just need to feel stable again. Southern twang? Peppering your sentences with y'alls now I guess.