Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Surprisingly fine. Pink bird hates me. So do 3 other SPS. The rest are happy. :huh:

I think your corals are becoming immune to Alk swings :)

How's CAL? If it has risen a bit then I'd say you just supplied too much balanced product (ALK will swing quite a bit more than CAL when using either too much, or not enough, of a balanced product).

And...good night Martin :)

How's CAL? If it has risen a bit then I'd say you just supplied too much balanced product (ALK will swing quite a bit more than CAL when using either too much, or not enough, of a balanced product).

And...good night Martin :)

Oh, sorry Nano. Forgot to say goodnight to u. How rude!

Good Night.

Yah calcium was really low. I just did a midnight water change. That should ease the ALK level down somewhat and the cal up. Will test in the morning and do another change if needed. But perhaps adding calcium might Also be a way to lower ALK.

Very frustrating. I invested In dosers to control swings. I can test daily and adjust daily but I was gone for a week and boom. What's a girl supposed to do.

Yah calcium was really low. I just did a midnight water change. That should ease the ALK level down somewhat and the cal up. Will test in the morning and do another change if needed. But perhaps adding calcium might Also be a way to lower ALK.

Very frustrating. I invested In dosers to control swings. I can test daily and adjust daily but I was gone for a week and boom. What's a girl supposed to do.

"Come to the KALK side" :)

Seriously, the nicest thing about Kalk dosing is:

1. You just need one doser.

2. No chance of mismatching Cal and Alk since they are both naturally together in Kalkwasser in proper balance. You can only add too much, or to little, Kalk.

3. Making saturated Kalkwasser is very easy. Once made, you can store it in a sealed container for quite a while.

4. It's dirt cheap :)

If you decide to try it let me know and I can send you a step-by-step tutorial of the simple process I use. You can then modify from there to suit your system.

We are in a state wide emergency. I'm watching the water slowly creep up to my building (I live on the waters edge) so it appears that by 5pm the basement boiler room in my building will be flooded. At which point I will loose power. I've got a battery operated air stone on the ready. The uninterruped power supply for the computer will be moved to the tank if needed to run the filter intermittantly. And that's my hurricane plan.

We are in a state wide emergency. I'm watching the water slowly creep up to my building (I live on the waters edge) so it appears that by 5pm the basement boiler room in my building will be flooded. At which point I will loose power. I've got a battery operated air stone on the ready. The uninterruped power supply for the computer will be moved to the tank if needed to run the filter intermittantly. And that's my hurricane plan.

That looks a whole lot more urgent than an Alk problem. Crossing fingers that you don't loose power.

I believe I have all I need :D

fridget.jpg

winds have picked up substantially. after 4pm if they see you driving they're going to stop you. Sandy will hit Atlantic City at 6pm. So this is just the ah, appetizer.

BRING IT ON BABY!!!! iM LIKE GEORGE CLOONEY IN THE PERFECT STORM!!!!

ok, so they all die in the end, still a great movie.

Please stay dry and safe!!!!!!

LOL @ Zeph.

:D:lol:

Edited by ZephNYC
I believe I have all I need :D

I'm quoting this to use for when you cook the rabbit because the muffin place was closed.

They said they were swimming it over to you but got highjacked by a porcelain crab :o

okay, so where are the dumplings?

Geez, just checked out the Weather Channel, OMG.

Being from Los Angeles, I experienced all the bad earthquakes, no big deal. Then I move to South Texas and experience Dolly which came right over us and I was scared ####less, lol.

Hang in there guys!!!!

My tank keeps me up at night

:lol:

IMG_2617.CR2.jpg

Hi Kat.

Hope u r doing ok with the storm!

This is that marineland hidden LED right? Is this the standard one's moonlights or do they make an all blue one? If it's the regular one do u just use it for moonlights or run it during the day too?

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

P.S. oh did I tell u that my SPS are bleaching now??? I know...shocking...

P.P.S. when I catch the demon crab/worm on Thursday ill send him in the mail to u. Oh and also some flatworms. Ok bye for realz now :)

Take it form someone with experience. Put yourself and anyone with you in a safe interior room, Get your favorite beverage of choice. Any other party favors you might like, and ride it out. Sounds like you have a plan for the tank. Remember use your back up for 15-20 minutes at a time, every hour or so. Being from Florida, the biggest problem with storm outages are the temp rising to high. You should have that problem this time of year. Good Luck

Geez, just checked out the Weather Channel, OMG.

Being from Los Angeles, I experienced all the bad earthquakes, no big deal. Then I move to South Texas and experience Dolly which came right over us and I was scared ####less, lol.

Hang in there guys!!!!

I ended up in Cleveland and can't get out, it's crazy here so it's must be nutz on the coast.