Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

surgicalsense
Unknowns

IMG_2492.CR2.jpg

Your unknowns look like Vivid Rainbows. I have the same ones :happy: .... I lost my Blue tubbs, well not completely. They are fighting for their lil lives right now. They got knocked off the shelf LR and was buried by the pistol shrimp (Spot) for several weeks finally brought to the surface again, in poor shape.

Everything is looking good in your tank. Also good news, my tank is revamped ;) as of today. Pictures for sure, later this week. Finally :happy:

The new pistol shrimp is awesome. He uses his pincers as a shovel whereas my Randalli's pistol moves one grain of sand at a time.

Your unknowns look like Vivid Rainbows. I have the same ones :happy: .... I lost my Blue tubbs, well not completely. They are fighting for their lil lives right now. They got knocked off the shelf LR and was buried by the pistol shrimp (Spot) for several weeks finally brought to the surface again, in poor shape.

Everything is looking good in your tank. Also good news, my tank is revamped ;) as of today. Pictures for sure, later this week. Finally :happy:

Yay for re-vamped tank! Can't wait to see your pictures, thanks on the ID of the zoas, I'll look it up.

beautiful zoo / paly collection and your a great photographer

Thank you! It's the camera, it takes amazing pictures.

The new pistol shrimp is awesome. He uses his pincers as a shovel whereas my Randalli's pistol moves one grain of sand at a time.

Yay for re-vamped tank! Can't wait to see your pictures, thanks on the ID of the zoas, I'll look it up.

Thank you! It's the camera, it takes amazing pictures.

Awesome video!

MY pistol is a regular bulldozer too. I have to inventory all my Zs and Ps every morning to make sure if I recover any that get buried during the night. To be honest, I wish I had never got him.

shoes_6642.jpg

Transformers shoe? Does it have guns n ####?

I'm shoring up my defenses. I need to fortify myself.

MY pistol is a regular bulldozer too. I have to inventory all my Zs and Ps every morning to make sure if I recover any that get buried during the night. To be honest, I wish I had never got him.

aww, but he keeps the sand bed nicely stirred up. I'm getting a pistol for the fuge too.

Rollermonkey

That pistol is an earth moving machine.

Mine seems to have made a home in my LR, inside a cave that the brittle star evicted the Assessor from. I've seen it peek out of the same hole three days in a row.

I hear that pistol popping all the time, keeping everyone out.

It presented itself in my neon goby about 4 weeks ago. A single white spot, somewhat squarish, as if something from inside the body was making its way to the surface. It was a visible bump, not a fine dusting of white spots which is classic ich. This is a single white spot. Square looking. Yoshiis fish had it too.

I'm shoring up my defenses. I need to fortify myself.

aww, but he keeps the sand bed nicely stirred up. I'm getting a pistol for the fuge too.

I need a bigger tank. The sand area in front of the rock is the only area I have for most of the Zs and Ps.

I need a bigger tank. The sand area in front of the rock is the only area I have for most of the Zs and Ps.

They shouldn't really be in the sand. You could get some pieces of rubble to glue them on to and raise them higher.

They shouldn't really be in the sand. You could get some pieces of rubble to glue them on to and raise them higher.

I find that rule to be entirely hogwash. Some zoas grow best in indirect light or shade, and will even melt if exposed to bright lighting, up high on the rocks.

My second point would be that softies on a sandbed are a bazillion times easier to frag than those on the rocks.

Last, I've grown hundreds of polyps on my sandbed just fine, so, nanny-nanny-pooh-pooh. :P

I find that rule to be entirely hogwash. Some zoas grow best in indirect light or shade, and will even melt if exposed to bright lighting, up high on the rocks.

My second point would be that softies on a sandbed are a bazillion times easier to frag than those on the rocks.

Last, I've grown hundreds of polyps on my sandbed just fine, so, nanny-nanny-pooh-pooh. :P

Too much caffeine today? Your tank defies logic and all that is practiced in this hobby anyway so pooh pooh is right.

My large zoanthid rock with over 100 polyps did extremely well at the highest level in my tank. Having said that, I wasn't blasting them with LED's, they were under T5s.

I like the idea purely because it should help them thwart the shrimps efforts to decorate his caves with them. Next you are going to tell me I should weekly water changes as opposed to my current practice of 1 every two or three months.

I like the idea purely because it should help them thwart the shrimps efforts to decorate his caves with them. Next you are going to tell me I should weekly water changes as opposed to my current practice of 1 every two or three months.

This is debatable. I've myself gone weeks without a water change, in fact on my BioCube I did a once a month water change and everything looked great. Of course I had no SPS in it.

In this new tank I like to feed heavy but even if my filter sock catches the gunk, I just feel better doing a weekly waterchange because of how much SPS I have.