Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Waited 3 months for this baby.

Finally, something good for me to NAP. When can I come over? Also the purple death colony I got from you has about 20 polyps!

Finally, something good for me to NAP. When can I come over? Also the purple death colony I got from you has about 20 polyps!

:angry: STOP NAPPING MY SHI_IT!

Yeah the purple deaths were a nice piece, you're going to have to leave a vendor feedback for me here.

You need some blue in that tank to bring out the color on the colony.

:angry: STOP NAPPING MY SHI_IT!

Yeah the purple deaths were a nice piece, you're going to have to leave a vendor feedback for me here.

You need some blue in that tank to bring out the color on the colony.

Yea, my pananmanian blue zoas from LA melted away, but I will keep trying. Ive been thinkink of a blue mushroom colony maybe...

I'd probably get that checked out if I were you...

;)

Yea, first she only had a blue "rim", but sounds like its spreading. Best get that checked, Bens right.

Dang. That looks sweet!

Yes it is!!! But don't get too used to it, she'll change it around in a week or two. :)

Each time she does it gets better looking!

Taking a 7am bus to Boston today, it is a chilly morning. I'm waiting inside a McDonalds on 34th and 8th. Let me tell you these guys are smoking something up at corporate! This Mickeys is playing classical music, and has a chic interior design, contemporary art on the walls, and comfortable loungy type of seating! OMG. Very european, any junk food place you go to in Europe is always nicely done. As Victoria Grayson would say, I approve!

Other than that I've got a batch of salt water mixing at home for a nice sized change before I leave town, again, for a week. In not so good news, my female clownfish developed a white bump on her shoulder on Friday. (Don't hate, she has a shoulder). It was as if a grain of sand was coming out from under her skin, almost like a pimple. I tried to stay positive but when I saw my Mandarin has a similar bump on his cheek, I nearly cried.

Being the good tank mommy that I am, I promptly panicked on cue. Called Piggy (who is the boyfriend on here is case the Piggy in my signature didn't clue you in), texted Zeph, emailed Ben and called my LFS. Everybody (except Ben) said I should not worry. one bump could mean she had scratched herself and it caused a sore. It was not ich, I knew that already. Ben and Zeph thought it was ich.

My LFS carries Dr G's medicated fish food, for 3 types of diseases and infections. I had them put one kind on hold for me and picked it up yesterday. Now you guys have seen me test 2 of Dr. G's foods before, reef caviar and copepod max, both of which my tank enjoys. The medicated food cannot be broadcast fed and left overs have to be siphoned off. I took a little bit on a stick and the fish picked it off the stick. Except the Mandarin who doesn't feed like that.

The conclusion of the parasite issue is that the one white bump on the clown fish and mandarin worked itself out from under their skin and fell off. The fish at all times were still zooming around, eating, playful, doing their thing. This makes it the 3rd fish in my system to have this white bumpy thing.

Yoshii had a fish with the same problem. It seems to be something that we cannot google for, if you search for white bump on salt water fish the usual suspects come up such as ich. I still continued to search and perhaps the terminology 'dermatic cyst' referring to a cyst in the dermal layer of the fish is appropriate.

Oh the bus just started, I should log on to the internet. :)

Edited by metrokat

She is just going through puberty, probably just a zit.

Actually, my girl clown, her name is Penny, she had one and it went away in a couple of days. I couldn't tell if it was due due an injury or not. BTW, her little brother is named Wise. :)

Hey kat, I never see zeph on here and he never updates his thread so let him know if he wants the butterfly fish to just let me know where and when to send it.

I expected a small nightmare with my sps, but nearly all my Lps are under attack also.It's why I want to get rid of him do quickly. Make sure he knows that too, otherwise I have someone local that will take the little guy.

Hey kat, I never see zeph on here and he never updates his thread so let him know if he wants the butterfly fish to just let me know where and when to send it.

I expected a small nightmare with my sps, but nearly all my Lps are under attack also.It's why I want to get rid of him do quickly. Make sure he knows that too, otherwise I have someone local that will take the little guy.

You could have PM'd me, but thanks. It would be better to just move it locally. I just took down my 55 QT tank after the Regal angel was done. Thanks for thinking of me though. :)

You could have PM'd me, but thanks. It would be better to just move it locally. I just took down my 55 QT tank after the Regal angel was done. Thanks for thinking of me though. :)

Sorry, I'm terrible with pm's and always read an forget to respond. I follow threads much better than y own pm box. I'll figure out what's going on with the local person. Thanks again.

Everytime I bundle my niece and nephew out the door they always ask me where we are going, usually followed by the names of the fish stores I frequent. :rolleyes:

Back from my lunch in Boston trip, although not home yet. My nephew was originally to make the trip with me (I went to have lunch with my cousin) but the tickets were sold out for a later return which would have been rough on a 7 year old. So I made the trip alone. I'm told he hasn't been told I went to boston but that I've gone to Long Island to visit my fish friend Kristofer. It is an excuse that always works. :lol: