Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Rollermonkey
I got a Wheeler's shrimp goby (Amblyeleotris wheeleri) with its partner shrimp (Alpheus ochrostriatus).

Except they are on opposite sides of the tank and the shrimp is on the move.

Hmm...

Maybe instead of buying a $120 dracula goby, I should see about one of these...

Hmm...

Maybe instead of buying a $120 dracula goby, I should see about one of these...

Wheelers? mine is an idiot (routinely vacates his home to go hang out on the other side of the tank) and boring (just stands there doing nothing). he needs a taste of the beating stick.

She's crazy. One second she's a sweetheart then out of nowhere she bites and claws like her life depends on it.

I need a goby suggestion too. My YWg might not make it. :(

She's crazy. One second she's a sweetheart then out of nowhere she bites and claws like her life depends on it.

Pink Bar Goby

Wow, looking great. It has been a while since I seen your tank.

Thank you PJ. You know I've got 2 lineages of the Tubbs blue zoanthids and everytime I see them I think of you. Mine are a great color but no where as vibrant as yours.

Have you seen the show My Cat from hell. It deals with all kinds of cat problems and the host Jackson is pretty interesting himself.

For the Goby, Citrons are nice. If you want a burrowing Goby with shrimp pair, even though my wheelers is a boring fish, I get to see him everyday, which I can't say for my Yasha goby whom I've had for a year. By the same token other people with a Yasha see them everyday. So I guess it has a lot to do with how vulnerable they feel in a tank and who their tank mates are. Live Aquaria is the best place to see the gobies on one page.

God this thread moves fast. Nice October FTS Kat

We spent 8 pages on finding a name for the Goby. Thanks for visiting.

This tank changes every time I see it! But holy crapoly, Kat, it's stunning!!!!!

Thank you Mark! It changes for sure and will again because all the colonies of SPS you see at the very top have yet to be glued down after I took most of them off the big zoanthid rock (Which now sits in the sand recovering from the mauling I did). Today some frags from the sand will be removed to go to their new owners (Zeph included).

Eff YWG's. Didn't you see what mine put me through?

So I spent most of today with Zeph. Here's the big guy with the biggest guns I've seen in real life:

:happy:

Thank you for cropping out my receding hairline.

So Batgirl came over with an insane colony of purple death palys. I was expecting ONE POLYP. Im guessing it has around 12!!!! We talked about ALL YOU GUYS for hours as we ate turkey burgers. :P

jedimasterben
So I spent most of today with Zeph. Here's the big guy with the biggest guns I've seen in real life:

IMG_20121004_125429-1.jpg

:happy:

Aww, zephy is a softie that loves wabbits and clams. ;)

Rollermonkey
Buy a Red Banded High Fin Goby.

I'm no expert, but I'm worried that the Firefish that's in there might be too similar in body form to house them together in a 29g Biocube...