inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Jessy Ray, he meant more powder in the same gallon, not more gallons.

So 1 tsp in 1 gallon is less concentrated than

3 tsp in 1 gallon.

Ya?

It's all good, the penny has dropped. I completely ####ed up, I thought it was two different products with different ratios of product/medium but it was actually two suggested ratios duh. My bad guys.

Awww, :grouphug: for Kat.

So, how's the Cal/Alk battle coming along :)

Keep your hugz. Ima keep my fuge. :angry:

So the battle is in full force! The tank is using up a LOT of calcium and alkalinity. I'm still learning but read below:

I want my Calcium to be at 450. Current calcium is 340. Difference of 110.

BRS suggests raising calcium no more than 50ppm a day. Tank is using up about 10ppm a day which I forgot in my calculations. I added what was recommended to get it up 50 ppm yesterday so today my calcium should be

340+50-10=380

Calcium tested at 385. So it's pretty accurate.

Now I have to adjust the dose to add another 50ppm (keeping in mind the tank uses 10) and keep doing this till I reach 450.

At that point, if I do a water chance am I going to be back down to 340? I guess I will have to wait and see.

You know I luv ya!!! .........but more like a daughter. :)

:wub: Love you too Mark!

Keep your hugz. Ima keep my fuge. :angry:

So the battle is in full force! The tank is using up a LOT of calcium and alkalinity. I'm still learning but read below:

I want my Calcium to be at 450. Current calcium is 340. Difference of 110.

BRS suggests raising calcium no more than 50ppm a day. Tank is using up about 10ppm a day which I forgot in my calculations. I added what was recommended to get it up 50 ppm yesterday so today my calcium should be

340+50-10=380

Calcium tested at 385. So it's pretty accurate.

Now I have to adjust the dose to add another 50ppm (keeping in mind the tank uses 10) and keep doing this till I reach 450.

At that point, if I do a water chance am I going to be back down to 340? I guess I will have to wait and see.

:wub: Love you too Mark!

At that point you should be dosing your water change water to match your tank parameters. Or change your water change paradigm to small changes once a day or something so that your dosing can keep up. If your salt is really mixing at 350, its probably time to go back to Reef Crystals, or if you like those exotic salts and shun Instant Ocean, B-Ionic ESV.

At that point you should be dosing your water change water to match your tank parameters. Or change your water change paradigm to small changes once a day or something so that your dosing can keep up. If your salt is really mixing at 350, its probably time to go back to Reef Crystals, or if you like those exotic salts and shun Instant Ocean, B-Ionic ESV.

I've always used RSCP. And it tests over 450 after mixing overnight.

Just when I put it in the tank it pancakes down to the 300s.

Edited by metrokat
I've always used RSCP. And it tests over 450 after mixing overnight.

Just when I put it in the tank it pancakes down to the 300s.

This is such a weird chemistry problem... :( I wish I knew more. I've never had any issues with dosing. My kalk topoff & B-Ionic 2 part dosing keeps my calc at 480 and my alk at at 9-10 never had a reading below that.

I went a little crazy today.

IMG_20120925_132833.jpg

:o

Oh I get it, you have your own personal fish shopper. Just place a call and then the live fish, or fish live truck shows up. Do they have a drip acclimation service? Only in NYC!

Oh wait a minute, I didn't see that they got pulled over by the Tang Police just out of the frame.

Kristofer! I'm not getting a bigger tank. Yes I wished I had a 500 gallon system when I was in their facilities yesterday but honestly I kind of have one of everything already. Besides I can help Zeph fill his basement. muhahahahah.

They had baby mandarins, baby clownfish, and these adorable panda gobies that I'll go back to get.

I shouldn't have gotten my shrimp and goby pair as I don't have a QT but it completely did not register that there was a fish involved in the pair. duh.

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif