Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Ha ha. I do have a FS thread you know.

I wish... I still owe 1000 bucks on a snow plow and am waiting to buy an mp10, but anytime you've got a forsale thread an I've got some extra cash I will be buying from you :)

I wish... I still owe 1000 bucks on a snow plow and am waiting to buy an mp10, but anytime you've got a forsale thread an I've got some extra cash I will be buying from you :)

Snow plow? What for? We don't have winter anymore on LI.

Snow plow? What for? We don't have winter anymore on LI.

My girlfriend and I both live on private roads that dont get plowed. After I spent 9 hours the year before on just her driveway digging out 7 ft snow drifts by hand, I kinda promised myself that I'd make it easier in the future :D

the cake crab is a lie.

Just...shut up. It was obviously just a molt that got dislodged from the rock. Don't bring this idiotic argument to Kat's thread. If I ever find something interesting/unlikely in my tank I'll be sure to never share it with u guys again.

Just...shut up. It was obviously just a molt that got dislodged from the rock. Don't bring this idiotic argument to Kat's thread. If I ever find something interesting/unlikely in my tank I'll be sure to never share it with u guys again.

chill dude, I forgot the smiley ;)

Que Bonita!

Tank looks fabulous!!!!

I forgot you had two MP's. How do you like them? What do you have them set at?

Thank you.

I don't know what the modes are (these are blue boxes) but I set them different from each other, like one will be blue light the other green, so as to have opposing water movement. When I want to clean the tank, I think the setting is purple or pink at full blast. Everything gets blown around like a tornado. Vortechs are awesome. One of the best investments made next to the controller.

I'm getting ready to mix the 2 part solutions and start dosing. I've got 2 1/4 cups of Baking Powder in the oven ATM. Randy Holmes Farley's recipe 1 has this quantity. But BRS suggests using 2 cups. So who to follow?

How long do these solutions last before a fresh batch has to be mixed?

I'm getting ready to mix the 2 part solutions and start dosing. I've got 2 1/4 cups of Baking Powder in the oven ATM. Randy Holmes Farley's recipe 1 has this quantity. But BRS suggests using 2 cups. So who to follow?

How long do these solutions last before a fresh batch has to be mixed?

Randy's calculator will give 1900meq/L in one gallon of water and you can use his calculator to see how much you will need to dose. http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

I'm not sure what the BRS dosage would be, unless they've got a calculator too.

Why would you need a fresh batch?

Randy's calculator will give 1900meq/L in one gallon of water and you can use his calculator to see how much you will need to dose. http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

I'm not sure what the BRS dosage would be, unless they've got a calculator too.

Why would you need a fresh batch?

The dosage calculators I know, and yeah BRS has one too. I'm wondering about the solution recipe.

RHF says 2 1/4 cups Soda Ash to a gallon

BRS says 2 cups Soda Ash to a gallon

I'm wondering which to go by.

Fresh batch: not sure how long the batch can last unused before a fresh batch is needed. Do these solutions stink or become cruddy or what over time.

The dosage calculators I know, and yeah BRS has one too. I'm wondering about the solution recipe.

RHF says 2 1/4 cups Soda Ash to a gallon

BRS says 2 cups Soda Ash to a gallon

I'm wondering which to go by.

Fresh batch: not sure how long the batch can last unused before a fresh batch is needed. Do these solutions stink or become cruddy or what over time.

The one that has more per gallon is more concentrated, so I would use that one so you can dose less solution.

And in my research, I could not find any reason you couldn't use a batch til it was gone, even if it took a year to do so.

Awesomeness. I'd be happy if my clowns I had hosted anything at all. They're so much more fun to watch when they dive in and out of somthing.

I'm hoping to get some black clowns or some designer ones if petcos got them cheap like in other areas. I had bad luck with clownfish. :P

I think they really just like that side of the tank, they've been cleaning and shimmying on the rock for several months. The frogspawn used to be there so at night they would sometimes cozy up to that. I've moved the frogspawn to the other side and to the back of the tank and they sometimes go over there. They used to nuzzle the zoanthids at night at first, now they dive in and lay in them. Pretty cute and idiotic too.

Edited by metrokat