SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

:) I trust Alto more than anybody. So I just took some macro shots with a flash. Scared my inhabitants!

IMG_9788.JPG

IMG_9790.JPG

The black one still does not photograph well

IMG_9792.JPG

The underbelly of the rock is also very hard to photograph now

IMG_9791.JPG

Wow, I have the same ones and even had it id'd on here as tunicates.

Yeah me too, had them ID'd as tunicates as well.

Where are you Alto?

Edited by metrokat

I've got some nice dark purple sponges that have gotten huge... None are remotely photograph... photographable? Haha.

That reminds me- Pat, did the sponge I gave you survive the acclimation? How did Kat never demand a piece of my pink sponge...?

Yup, it's doing good so far... Hopefully. I was doing stuff drunk last night and accidentally pulled it out without thinking. Hopefully I didn't kill it but only time will tell. I think I asked on my thread, what type of macro or plant is mixed in with it? Looks like a long slender leaf. I've never seen it before and either has parts that a sponge attatched to it and pulled off, or skme sort of eggs on it. Pretty cool looking.

I've got some nice dark purple sponges that have gotten huge... None are remotely photograph... photographable? Haha.

That reminds me- Pat, did the sponge I gave you survive the acclimation? How did Kat never demand a piece of my pink sponge...?

You have a pink sponge?! Hand it over!

:huh:

253933_482177151792823_802788780_n.jpg

Pretty and nice.

But I must say that I wake up every morning and praise the Lord I'm not a girl. Geez, make-up, hair, shoes, nails, dresses, waxing, dealing with that bleeding/cramping organ, etc, etc.

I just wake up shower, and squirt some Grecian Formula on my head and I'm good to go. B)

altolamprologus
:) I trust Alto more than anybody. So I just took some macro shots with a flash. Scared my inhabitants!

IMG_9788.JPG

IMG_9790.JPG

The black one still does not photograph well

IMG_9792.JPG

The underbelly of the rock is also very hard to photograph now

IMG_9791.JPG

Yeah me too, had them ID'd as tunicates as well.

Where are you Alto?

The first one is kinda hard to tell, but the others are most definitely sponges, and nice ones at that. Sponges and colonial tunicates can look very very similar most of the time.

Patback, post a pic of yours.

The first one is kinda hard to tell, but the others are most definitely sponges, and nice ones at that. Sponges and colonial tunicates can look very very similar most of the time.

Really! Wow. That's good to know. The pink tunicate I have is a sponge, now that I think about it, I can't get to it to take a picture but I have a very crappy phone pic. The texture on that is totally spongy, and holey.

Really! Wow. That's good to know. The pink tunicate I have is a sponge, now that I think about it, I can't get to it to take a picture but I have a very crappy phone pic. The texture on that is totally spongy, and holey.

So 3 LEDs on my Panorama PROs burnt out. :(

Ill see if Ecoxotic will repair or replace. If not id like to get the same light and add a splash guard or get the aquaray. I don't have Ben or KGs mad electrical skills so the DIY idea will not work.

So 3 LEDs on my Panorama PROs burnt out. :(

Ill see if Ecoxotic will repair or replace. If not id like to get the same light and add a splash guard or get the aquaray. I don't have Ben or KGs mad electrical skills so the DIY idea will not work.

What happened to you and the girls buying me drinks in exchange for DIY LED class?

What happened to you and the girls buying me drinks in exchange for DIY LED class?

Ill have to rekindle the idea, none of them have been active on the forum, only an occasional post by one. I even called PBJ for dinner and we never got together for that either. We are over due a lady reefers brunch ATM.

Yup, it's doing good so far... Hopefully. I was doing stuff drunk last night and accidentally pulled it out without thinking. Hopefully I didn't kill it but only time will tell. I think I asked on my thread, what type of macro or plant is mixed in with it? Looks like a long slender leaf. I've never seen it before and either has parts that a sponge attatched to it and pulled off, or skme sort of eggs on it. Pretty cool looking.

That's caulerpa prolifera. I like it, very easy to control, and looks pretty in many settings.

As for the spongy egg looking stuff... I dunno. Gunna need to see pics.

altolamprologus
That's caulerpa prolifera. I like it, very easy to control, and looks pretty in many settings.

As for the spongy egg looking stuff... I dunno. Gunna need to see pics.

You have sponges and prolifera? PM me if you wanna sell some :)

You have sponges and prolifera? PM me if you wanna sell some :)

As a matter of fact... I was just about to get to work on my FS thread...

Then I realized I left my camera at work. -_-

Kat,

Puppy + cat pictures on my thread, as requested. A special guest was introduced, too.

Edited by kgoldy

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait... Pooja... Since you live in NYC, shouldn't you be subwaykat? Unless you don't like that restaurant for some reason... :huh:

jedimasterben
Did a count.

I have 92 Corals including 29 varieties of Z's and P's.

3 Leptastreas

3 Favias

4 Birdsnest

4 Acans

2 Acan Echinatas

4 Leathers

And on it goes.....

:o

Did a count.

3 Leptastreas

3 Favias

4 Birdsnest

4 Acans

2 Acan Echinatas

4 Leathers

And on it goes.....

Hey Squammy??? You know what's missing. I know you know, so I wont even say it.

Did a count.

3 Leptastreas

3 Favias

4 Birdsnest

4 Acans

2 Acan Echinatas

4 Leathers

And on it goes.....

Hard to believe, right? You also have a bunch of macros in there as well!

I made the mistake of telling my wife how many I had and her eyes rolled to the back of her head instantly trying to calculate the $$$. I haven't even brought up the subject of a custom sump/fuge. :scarry:

16m3czl.jpg

See that drawing Nippy did for me? That's METROkat. B)

Hey Squammy??? You know what's missing. I know you know, so I wont even say it.

It's Miss Kat to you Clam Napper!

Hard to believe, right? You also have a bunch of macros in there as well!

I made the mistake of telling my wife how many I had and her eyes rolled to the back of her head instantly trying to calculate the $$$. I haven't even brought up the subject of a custom sump/fuge. :scarry:

I have a spreadsheet, I've tried to maintain the source of the coral, when I got it and all. Not sure why I'm doing that though. :huh:

It's called a money pit for a reason ya?

I haven't included my macros or inverts (I have a Anthopleura artemisia (nem))