Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I've had some zoas in a bowl of motionless water sealed with Saran wrap for 2 weeks now by a window and when I looked at them a few days ago they were doing great. Good luck trying to kill any polyp type corals.

What about lemon juice?

I'll try that next. Then KALK paste.

I've had some zoas in a bowl of motionless water sealed with Saran wrap for 2 weeks now by a window and when I looked at them a few days ago they were doing great. Good luck trying to kill any polyp type corals.

Palythoas are hard to kill, zoanthids not so much.

jedimasterben
I know... I took a quicky with my phone. Shes moving around a little so I leave her alone. Her mantle is 100% exposed to light so her position is fine. She does look better in my tank, but I wish I had nitrates. I cant wait for my nitrates to arrive.

Psh, just feed moar! MOAR I SAY, MOAR!

+1

Palythoas are hard to kill, zoanthids not so much.

same thing. :P

I thought aquacon was supposedly terrible?
steal pics from other people

terrible info

horrifying coral and fish health

They're not THAT bad :P

Also Kat NO FISH IF NO TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also if you want to kill palys just put them in a 99% peroxide 1% water solution with 35% peroxide (not the normal 3% kind)

Kat, I've tried everything with the evil palys... manual removal is the only way to go. Seriously. Don't waste your time doing anything else.

I did that too. I manually removed a ton. They took several weeks but they are back. I think maybe covering them with epoxy is something I might try.

steal pics from other people

terrible info

horrifying coral and fish health

They're not THAT bad :P

Also Kat NO FISH IF NO TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also if you want to kill palys just put them in a 99% peroxide 1% water solution with 35% peroxide (not the normal 3% kind)

Yeah Aquacon has a terrible reputation, I'm surprised they are still in business.

It is a fuge, I do have a lid of sorts but I can't cover the fuge since the skimmer and pipes are there.

Why even bother with the 1% water. I can't remove the rock for a dip as it is glued down but ill try an injection of peroxide.

I was just kidding zeph. Kat, did you get any other corals as hitchhikers besides the rose that big aiptasia you loved? The reason I ask is I have a few, one of them being sidastrea radians. I've been told this coral can be kept in complete darkness and live off of filter feeding alone, but information I'm pulling up says nothing about that. Actually the opposite, it is usually found in tide pools.

I'm also trying to figure out of I can frag it or not. Can't find that either.

FWIW here is a link to some info on Sidastrea radians :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siderastrea_radians

But there are many more here; http://tinyurl.com/9645zcj

i have to say kat you are the queen of saturating a tank with corals and making it look awesome the whole time!

You're being too kind. As they are growing out, I am adjusting but this won't be a good idea when they start encrusting on the plugs and the rocks.

Kat, I've tried everything with the evil palys... manual removal is the only way to go. Seriously. Don't waste your time doing anything else.

My bristle tail filefish ate all my show palys, but wont touch the nuisance plague ones. Go figure. I guess he has expensive taste. I hate him now.

Psh, just feed moar! MOAR I SAY, MOAR!

You know me..I feed and I feed and I feed. But I STILL cant get any nitrates. Im going PHARMACEUTICAL.

jedimasterben
You know me..I feed and I feed and I feed. But I STILL cant get any nitrates. Im going PHARMACEUTICAL.

i still say feed moar. :)

Edited by jedimasterben

Dude!! On the subjects of cats-

One of the blogs I read did a story (which turned into a bunch of stories) about the real life of cats. It's called "Your Purring Little Murderer", and it's based on a University study that put collar cams on dozens of cats and recorded what they do while they're away from home. (All followups should be here- lots of (dark) comedy from cat owners.

On the mild end- house cats that were allowed out for a few hours at a time were found to have "adopted" other families around the corner... going in to their houses and having their own food bowls and litter boxes.

On the uh... less mild end... they discovered that 30% of cats who are allowed outside have an average of 2 kills per week. :o

Aaaand here's a funny parody video to go along with the story: Tibs, the Dexter of cats.

"Clever, clever girl!" - Same accent as Kat and everything.

Edited by kgoldy

That cat house is pretty cool. Somthing tells me they own this couch too.

F8F40F2A-37B7-4260-A3E9-0671866FEA1C-499-0000006107B09238.jpg

My dog had 4 different family's bringing her in and feeding her at one point. She got as big as a house. The one neighbor that would always feed her moved and asked us to take care of her cat. She never asked for permission to take our kitten away though :(.

Btw, just wanted to let you know your frags have some crazy PE in my tank. The poccilopora actually ate a small piece of mysis that blew into it.