Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

here is my frag i started with 6-12

acan 6-12

and here is the current photo

acan 6-13

acan 6-13

i just got a frag with 3 half heads a week and half ago and is almost all healed!will take picture later.

013f301b.jpg

:P

love the one in the middle

I ordered this today :)

2pyw0sx.jpg

Along with 5 other acans from cherrycorals.

wow love this color!

• Like 2

Bought this big piece of acan 2 days ago. It was dying, skeleton showing and some parts already dead. Bought it because i was offered a price i couldn't resist.. went back home and cut it into several smaller piece ( no place to put one big piece)

heres how it looks like after 2 days, some are showing more meat and most of the frags are showing feeding tentacles at night.

http://s961.photobucket.com/user/fissiden/media/20130615_170754_zpsacd4e68c.jpg.html'>20130615_170754_zpsacd4e68c.jpg

one of the frag with several dead parts

http://s961.photobucket.com/user/fissiden/media/20130615_170802_zps849b1086.jpg.html'>20130615_170802_zps849b1086.jpg

rest of the frags

http://s961.photobucket.com/user/fissiden/media/20130615_170818_zpsea90be1a.jpg.html'>20130615_170818_zpsea90be1a.jpg

they looked bleach too i think, pretty pale in their colors.. hopefully they can recover and thrive under my care..

anyway heres my other acan.

http://s961.photobucket.com/user/fissiden/media/20130614_214500_zpseb41ca30.jpg.html'>20130614_214500_zpseb41ca30.jpg

• Like 1

I'm more impressed with your goniopora honestly

Too often I see pieces that never open up and slowly wilt away

Makes me wonder if I should get some pink goni

hmmmm... :mellow:

PeregrinTook

Awesome thread I want an acan for my next frag but I have been trying to find a really nice one locally. .... No luck that one that --chris-- ordered is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
Phiberopttic

Got my first Acans today. Two frags, one has 3 heads, the other has only one head. Beautiful corals, looking forward to watching them grown.

brinyreefer

Just joined the club, got a three headed Aussie red center. Will post pics soon. It's kinda like getting a tatoo, I want another!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you guys would like to see my old colony (same one in first post), since it's been awhile...

BTW it's not a fish eye cam and doesn't have a filter on...

file_zps0795560d.jpg

file_zpsbacb659d.jpg

Doing very well, I have another cool thing to show you, will bring pics tomorrow or day after...

• Like 1

Thanks! We call it the "acan river". :)

Mine are small, really small, only fragglings but once there's no more room to spread them out, will they be ok when they touch?

Most species are fine. Watch out for Echinata species, though, like the Orange Crush or the Rainbow, those are VERY mean.

Thanks. I don't have any echinata so I should be good then.

Most species are fine. Watch out for Echinata species, though, like the Orange Crush or the Rainbow, those are VERY mean.

Due to your advice, while I did see some Rainbow Acan on Saltcritters on the sale today, I did not get any. I did thought buy 3 other frags- 2 of them had 4 heads each the other had like 6 or 7. I bought the below 4/7 from them, it had ONE head- only $5- look at it today!!! BABIES GALORE!!! The light had just turned off and it reacted by closing in- hadn't seen it do that yet, so I quickly turned on the lights and took a pic. The acan to the right of it didn't react, neither did the other 2. So I think that's awesome growth since I received it. Even better, all of the growth really happened since I bought Seachem Fuel like 6/24. I only put like 5 eye dropper drops every couple weeks.

020_zps381f98cd.jpg

Usually, the top head is so large the edges just flop over and you can't see anything underneath.

I've got an echinata colony the size of a golf ball (just as round) next a few of my acans. I don't see how such short tentacles can hurt anything.

Maybe he's referring to some favia that grow kinda the same way?

In my experience, they will be fine IF they don't touch those other acans. But my echinatas have burned the holy living daylights out of any coral they actually came in contact with, including other acans.

If you do a quick search you'll also see reports of them having sweeper tentacles, but I've never seen that in mine (yet). ;)

PS - I love that blue/red acan, 1stimereefer! Should be a nice little colony before you know it !

• Like 1

Here's my acans:

DSCN3121_zps11cbaa65.jpg?t=1373925285

The one on the far left I got from salt critters. the one in the middle is from reef raft.

DSCN3123_zpsfb01e518.jpg?t=1373925431

I bought this one as one polyp for $10 a few years ago.

DSCN3122_zpsef12a089.jpg?t=1373925357

My echinata next to a couple of other acans.

• Like 1

Due to your advice, while I did see some Rainbow Acan on Saltcritters on the sale today, I did not get any. I did thought buy 3 other frags- 2 of them had 4 heads each the other had like 6 or 7. I bought the below 4/7 from them, it had ONE head- only $5- look at it today!!! BABIES GALORE!!! The light had just turned off and it reacted by closing in- hadn't seen it do that yet, so I quickly turned on the lights and took a pic. The acan to the right of it didn't react, neither did the other 2. So I think that's awesome growth since I received it. Even better, all of the growth really happened since I bought Seachem Fuel like 6/24. I only put like 5 eye dropper drops every couple weeks.

020_zps381f98cd.jpg

Usually, the top head is so large the edges just flop over and you can't see anything underneath.

Hey 1stimereefer, what's the shipping cost like at saltcritters? Pretty reasonable? I've seen you post about them before, it got my curiosity up. :)