Top Shelf Aquatics

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of these lovely Acans make me want my own! What kinds of lights do you guys like to help them retain their colors?

Although personally I have a mix of T5's ad LED's over the green colony you see, it's not a very colorful piece, nor do I keep the rainbows etc. any more.

However speaking for some of my forum colleagues...

L E D ' S

It's also part of the reason why red acans are so rare here...but that's a different discussion... ;)

I have the Steve's LEDs upgrade on my biocube. If I acclimate them properly, will they stay as colorful as I'd like? I've heard that T5s are better? But yet again I've also read on here that people like LEDs. It is a little confusing.

I have the Steve's LEDs upgrade on my biocube. If I acclimate them properly, will they stay as colorful as I'd like? I've heard that T5s are better? But yet again I've also read on here that people like LEDs. It is a little confusing.

The reason why T5s are nice is that you can change your bulb configuration. There's a famous acan collector here in socal (who made it to the cover of Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q3 2013 edition) and he uses T5s

Grow my pretties!! Grow!!!! They finally can now, new frag tank where they won't get flipped over by a hungry wrasse every single day.

2ljo1MY.jpg

My little guy

b8d11c41ca540161ed34_13.jpg

Nice color, the both of yeez! :D

T5's work.

• Like 2

image-106.jpg

This one had a electric blue ring , but looks white now.

Was under led / kessil 360w , recent move to T-5 light ( liking the T-5 much better for everything)

Water changes weekly

Placed on bottom on live rock( was mid way up on frag rack)

Feed what ever I have thawed out. Mainly LRS Reeffrenzy , daily

Flow in med

I have more acans just need to break out the camera . I want in the club!!!!

• Like 1

20140102_143045_zps356845d3.jpg

Hello my name is Zeke

And I'm addicted to acans

Grant it this is my first one..but they seem like potato chips.. can't have just one.

My acan cherry has popped!!

P.S. green, red/grey or orange /grey seems to be the most comon, any idea why?

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! Let's see some updated pics! Maybe some growth shots if you've posted before?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this was a great deal, I might have to pick it up if no one else wants it.

Just to be clear, I'm not getting paid or in any way affiliated with Dr. Mac.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact, to get things going again, let's hear some reviews of online vendors acan wise! Who have you been impressed with? Who made you want to pull your hair out? Any good deals you guys see that someone hear might be interested in?

Thanks Guys! :D

• 3 weeks later...