Coral Vue Hydros

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

All has been forgiven hype ;P

Looking sexy as always over there :D

Thanks man :D

What kind of macrolens/flash/light you are using to take these shots? Very nice photos and awesome acans!!

Canon 100mm macrolens. No flash used for those shots. Thanks so much appreciate it.

Incredible detail. Love your pictures. Never gets old seeing pics like that.

Thanks so much appreciate it.

• Like 1

So where are you guys finding the better looking Acans these days. I have nothing lfs wise that caries anything decent looking. I just set up my tank and have no plans on adding anything until after the new year but planned on going heavy on the Acans.

• Like 1

Thanks for the invite...

Here's some of mine...

redacan-1_zpscga05rf6.jpgtaken under blue leds for that fluorescence

acan-1_zpst5mc5ekl.jpg

Green/purple acan lord

echinata-1_zpst4h4xfpl.jpg

Echinata

redacan-1_zps7giqioqw.jpgsame red acans as the first pic

redacan-1_zps6wi8hmrb.jpg

redacan-1_zpshqcazp1w.jpg

acan-1_zpsonx4maep.jpg

acan-1_zpsuzitzpzj.jpg

acans-1_zps297154e1.jpg

greenacan-1_zps3692047d.jpg

• Like 4

So where are you guys finding the better looking Acans these days. I have nothing lfs wise that caries anything decent looking. I just set up my tank and have no plans on adding anything until after the new year but planned on going heavy on the Acans.

What state do you live in?

Online wise Diver's Den has some nice ones, you pay for the experience and proper handling: http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/CatDisplay.cfm?c=2733+8&count=85&s=nlh&r=

Anyone here like to chip in? :)

Bunster, awesome f-cking pics man :)

• Like 1

For some reason those Diver Den ones just don't look right with the lighting in those pictures. I'm in Alabama and I have one store that will get some in every now and then but their frag prices seem to be half as much as an entire colony from DD. I've kept my eye on Austin Aqua Farm a few years back before I took my tank down. Just cycling and modding an old biocube 14 that I hope to stock with Acans and or zoanthids... probably both. LFS has a very nice gold maxima that I don't see them selling anytime soon either.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

zombie thread? Perhaps... but it exists and so do my acans.

I got an acan back just before chrisdtmas. it was a very new frag, not yet healed.

Well about 2 months later, it has healed well, three partial heads have healed into whole heads, and I spotted 7 brand new heads growing at the bases of the frag. It came in from australia. I believe it was harvested from the sea.

Colours in my pic suck, but they include:

Red in the ring, hot pink on the mouth going into orange and yellow and some green.

5bfc0e31-0a15-4be6-a623-404b8e3a3dea.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Finally a member of the club :naughtydance: My first acan!

EA5265BE-6E09-4996-96C7-BF41E2ECD733.jpg

98141A6C-3BAC-4302-9243-7E4060B03D9F.jpg

Any tips on how to keep the neon pink color from changing?

Damn thats sick as hell

As for the color, I don't have enough can experience to give you a solid answer. Mine are a deep orange and all I do is keep them fed with 8.5 hours of light a day (using kessil a160we)

To be honest it looks slightly bleached. It should deepen in colour with proper lighting and parameters.

Unless he goes the Zeovit style of husbandry, where the corals are somewhat intentionally malnourished so you can get more pastel coloration, but I'm not sure I've seen that done with acans. Nice piece! :D

North Borders

EA5265BE-6E09-4996-96C7-BF41E2ECD733.jpg

98141A6C-3BAC-4302-9243-7E4060B03D9F.jpg

Cleaner shrimp always photo bombing :)

AlejandroDelRey

Damn thats sick as hell

As for the color, I don't have enough can experience to give you a solid answer. Mine are a deep orange and all I do is keep them fed with 8.5 hours of light a day (using kessil a160we)

To be honest it looks slightly bleached. It should deepen in colour with proper lighting and parameters.

agree with jdh. it wont be as "hot pink" but it will darken up and have more vivid colors.

Unless he goes the Zeovit style of husbandry, where the corals are somewhat intentionally malnourished so you can get more pastel coloration, but I'm not sure I've seen that done with acans. Nice piece! :D

Yup, it was bleached. The polyps at the very top are slowly starting to turn orangeish. Not upset tho, just happy that they're puffed up and healthy :-)

54BC8F31-3046-434E-B174-2B302031DB95.jpg

62BFA29E-4026-46DB-8FA6-00A46C5EC7C3.jpg

Cleaner shrimp always photo bombing :)

And stealing food! :slap::lol:

• Like 1
North Borders

Hah, my cleaner will hop on my hand and go for a ride when I'm feeding the tank or doing stuff in there. I usually have to 'park' him on the opposite side of the tank and give him a gob of food to occupy him and then go feed the acans, otherwise he's a dirty little thief!

• Like 2

2hIabj5l.jpg

One of my acans has also seemed to be "bleached", however it looks to be adding about 4 new heads, so i'm mildly confused.

HYUCaIXl.jpg

Here's another view :(

• Like 2

2hIabj5l.jpg

One of my acans has also seemed to be "bleached", however it looks to be adding about 4 new heads, so i'm mildly confused.

HYUCaIXl.jpg

Here's another view :(

Weird. Too much light? Seems the ones on the bottom have more color. Do you feed them? Anything changed recently? I lost one finally to bjd,but haven't seen this (yet - my 3 will probably bleach tonight now).
  • Like 1

Weird. Too much light? Seems the ones on the bottom have more color. Do you feed them? Anything changed recently? I lost one finally to bjd,but haven't seen this (yet - my 3 will probably bleach tonight now).

Not a lot of changes lately.

However after an alkalinity issue involving kalkwasser. They have been more stressed. It's interesting to because the others are growing rapidly, and they all stay big and fluffy. (That picture was taken in the morning)

• Like 1