Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

Mr. Microscope

That's it. Count me in. I finally got the acan bug. Here's the start of my garden. I can't wait to watch if fill in.

AcanGarden0120120917.jpg

acans20120917.jpg

Edited by Mr. Microscope

Fantastic, blue can be hard to find! Welcome to the club guys!

Good luck with the sale Jstn, this is definitely the best place to sell acan frags, plenty of customers :D

Keep that sexy morph going Kat and you could have some serious cheddar...

This is the only picture I currently have but I am going to take some more in a few days because it is kinda hard to see the neon green stripes with alternating red, You can def see how neon green it is but it's still a bad quality picture

On a side note I am getting a waterproof case for my Iphone so I'll be able to get some up close and personal shots soon enough

04149A3E-4858-4595-B367-C5ED84ED5D5A-251-0000001EA8D4D844_zps77d7d7d3.jpg

Yes I'm the newest acan club member :happy: I can't imagine how acans actually look growing in there natural habitat specialy not my beloved enchinata do they actually look like this in nature ? Or is it a man made morph ? Some one should post pics of them in the ocean if there are any pictures.

Edited by longbeach

Got these the other week. WYSIWYG picture;

DSC_1430.jpg

DSC_1427.jpg

DSC_1431.jpg

DSC_1412.jpg

my crap photo;

IMG_1737.jpg

also got these a few months ago;

(just 1 polyp)

ihotacancopy.jpg

and this is another one

(got few polyps of these)

IMG_0510copy-1.jpg

Edited by kevin_f
is there a zoa club? hah

Get out :mellow:

CBernhardt23-

"I am wanting to start collecting Acans, Longbeach sent me here.

Anyone wanna sell some to me at a decent price?"

Free Bump!

IMG_0731.jpg

Really itching to get some nice red acans, still searching.

Let me know if you frag that. Got a spot picked out.

I'll add some pics of mine "soon".

Edited by slickwill613

Whats the fastest way to get these guys to grow?

I've got that large colony I posted that has about 50 or so heads and I have it at the bottom of the tank but not on the sand bed, I have it on a large rock and feed it 3-4 times a week each head but it doesnt seem to grown nearly as fast as the other corals in my tank, or as fast as acan's should grow

My big green acan ran out of room to grow. no biggie. I found changing my skimmer and using one less Par38 helped a lot. You could try glueing some rock to the base and have it grow over, or frag it, you have 2-3 people in the last two pages alone asking for frags...

Btw, I used some Roti-Rich earlier, turned off skimmer for two hours, my corals had a blast and loved it :D

We have over 100 members easily as of today!

:haha: :haha: :happydance: :happydance: omgomgomg omgomgomg :haha: :haha:

Edited by Spencer7
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I join? :lol:

Here's my Aussie Ultra Rainbow Acan Lord 26 polyp mini-colony!

My camera, lighting and photography skill s*x so I brought this acan over to my friend March's place (marc3lo19) and he photographed it for me using his dslr under his full spectrum lights.

Photo taken by March:

IMG_7899.jpg

No photo editing was done at all. I watched as it took March only about 5 minutes to take the pictures, transfer them to his computer, convert to jpeg and email them out to me. What took longer was waiting for the acan to adequately open up/ inflate in his tank. That took around 30 minutes.

For comparison the pictures below are taken with my old point and shoot camera in my 40B mix display macro algae and coral tank.

I spot lit the acan with my all actinic par38 bulb to show what it looks like under actinics:

IMG_5640AX.JPG

Same shot with my t5ho plant lights turned on and par 38 actinic used for accent:

IMG_5654AX.JPG

Some shots from the side/ front of the tank.

Spot lit with my par 38 all actinic bulb:

IMG_5638A.JPG

Same shot with just my aquarium lights (t5ho) lights on:

IMG_5675%20AX.JPG