Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

No sweeper tentacles. Their tentacles don't extend past their body. Pretty short. You can feed them and they will grab the food. Nothing long like candy canes or galaxia.

Thank You!! Now more tempted than ever! If I choose to get one I'll probably get hung up on picking a color! :lol:For some people, sometimes there really can be too much variety...

Looked over the tank and there's 2, maybe 3 spots right under the lights where I could put a small frag. :happy:

Seamonkey84

Acans prefer med/med-low lighting. I usually start on the sand bed(most stay there, ive got a 10 gallon with 4 t5ho over it) and sometimes even then I have to find them some shade. Check out NR sponsor cultivated reef for some nice ones and at a nice price, he's never disappointed me in the 8+ orders I've placed and even picked up in person.

• Like 1
Acans prefer med/med-low lighting. I usually start on the sand bed(most stay there, ive got a 10 gallon with 4 t5ho over it) and sometimes even then I have to find them some shade. Check out NR sponsor cultivated reef for some nice ones and at a nice price, he's never disappointed me in the 8+ orders I've placed and even picked up in person.

any pics of the tank?

What is the best website to buy acans from? I have always wanted a acan collection.

Check worldwide corals often 99% of everything in my tank is from them ( everything nice haha) . http://www.worldwidecorals.com/ out of any fish store they get the rarest stuff for sure ... Give them a call tell them Jordan Gilbert sent you ( probably get a better deal ) ask for victor he's got the goods ....... There pics are really what the corals look like under a 50/50 setting .... Now there display tanks on the other hand could take a brown piece of xenia and it would like gold underneath them haha .

Edited by Jordangil
Seamonkey84
What is the best website to buy acans from? I have always wanted a acan collection.

I got most of mine from our sponsor cultivated reef, great service and prices.

Here's a shot of my tanks, taken with iPhone 3 so sorry for not so great pics.

first the ten gallon when the acans were in it

bc00f337.jpg

But now almost all the acans are in my 12" cube that is now my frag/grow out display tank.

f01b138f.jpg

9eb053bf.jpg

ede5f67f.jpg

33a5e17a.jpg

f0ae218f.jpg

Edited by Seamonkey84

U gotta pretty nice collection going :D

Just switched my light (unplanned) from 3 RLED's and one LEDTRiC TriColor to three of their TruPop's

The difference is that the RL's have no Red/Pink while the Tri Color has 2 Red bulbs, While the TruPop's

have 2 Violet bulbs making them the only one with UV. Anywya the added UV has helped my acans in under a week. It is well known that LED's will generally change Red/Pink into orange, and this applied to my acans. However with the UV i noticed a immediate improvement, the damage was reversed and now my acans are almost the same color as when i got them. Also my blue's and purples look better :)

I highly reccommend trying some UV if you do not already have it. Happy reefing and welcome to the team Jordangil!

flyfshrmn98

Just picked up my first acan! Its orange and only has one head, but I love the way it looks. Will get a pic of it soon. How fast do acans grow and do they split or shoot off new heads?

Seamonkey84

I'm using LEDtric full spectrum over this tank, and I love it as it also has the true violet (not UV btw) and the red and turquoise. The coloration is excelent and the corals "pop" wonderfully. Just wondering how it would look with neutral white instead of cool white, as think my rbta could be a little deeper colored still.

Cool...an Acan Club!!!! I'm going to enjoy going through this thread. I don't think I've looked at it before. I plan to add acans to my new tank in a few months, can't wait :)

Seamonkey84

Months? Why wait, I find acans just about as hardy as zoanthids. If your tank is cycled, and your using a decent salt mix (so no need to dose unless your tank is full of stoney corals) you can jump right in! Acan lord was one of the first corals I got, besides zoas and rics.

Eta: just realized what you already had going for tanks (like your totm lol, beautiful btw) and said to myself, "why am I trying to give suggestions to you?"

Edited by Seamonkey84

Here's a couple of my acans. I happened to have this on my phone already from earlier today. It's lights out right now in the tank so I will edit and add pics of my others tomorrow.

7729999286_c0db61e320.jpg

7723177896_b5a607e4a7.jpg

The one on the left is a lot more purple in person. iPhone doesn't take good pics :-(

Any recommendations for a good camera for taking tank pics?

Edited by ajayjack

I guess I'm a club member now! Just got myself an Acan and it'll be coming tomorrow for me.:) It's a beauty, too.:) See my newest post about my new coral:D But, here's a photo from the place I got it from - probably the best photo I'll ever get of the coral.

The piece is about 5 inches across according to LiveAquaria.

post-50551-1344362438_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New Acan Member!!!. Picked up these awesome frags today. (the pics are not mine) They name these pretty strangely, so if you are able to maybe ID them with their actual name I would appreciate it.

057.jpg

056.jpg