Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

most of them are from saltcritters, that one is from de CT frag farmer market.

I think I'll have to make them my next order at the end of the summer.

As for right now I'm gonna wait another month or 2 before adding anything new

Cant remember if I posted this 50-60 head acan colony yet, unfortunately I need to get a better picture of it when it is opened up and you can see the nice blue,green,red,purple and pink that it has developed

4b0486ed.jpg

867c7006.jpg

Were here to help!

"My name is Manolo and I just discovered your great club. I would love to join, unfortunately, I have to introduce myself with what I think is an Acan health issue.

In the last week I have observed some white spots on two of my Acans. They look like a crumble made of a white string, I have been dipping them in some of my pico tank's water with Seachem's coral disinfectant. I am attaching a picture of it when it was being dipped.

Have any of you seen this before? Is it something I need to be really worried about? What would be the best way to get rid of it?

Thanks so much for your help and I hope I can be part of the club whenever I cure this beautiful Acan.

Manolo"

Thanks a lot Spencer7.

I hope somebody could give me some idea of what is going on with my Acans. I will post the picture again so everybody can see it.

Thanks again Acan Club and hope I can get some advise from your experience.

Manolo

post-71837-1335810469_thumb.jpg

Psychosis

...Can I trade places on the list with #69?

Passed on new acans for a Dendro today. I've dishonored the club :(

So far as your acan's health issue, what kind of flow do you have them in? I can't see the photo very well, but it looks all most like your acan's byssal tissue is being extruded through the flesh. The only time that ever happens is when they've either been dropped, or are just getting blasted with flow to the point the tissue begins to tear.

But, like I said, it's really hard to make it out clearly.

Edited by Psychosis
fraxinius

well all the pics on this site has inspired me to expand my acan collection...i especially like the pics of many different types up against each other...went broke at our recent swap here and agot a couple... also deal with lfs and salt critters....amazing the difference the lighting makes..i got a pretty dull looking one (1st one) and it really colored up and grew,, it is the largest one...some pics, but my phone cam sux,, post-71835-1335911302_thumb.jpg

post-71835-1335911322_thumb.jpg

well all the pics on this site has inspired me to expand my acan collection...i especially like the pics of many different types up against each other...went broke at our recent swap here and agot a couple... also deal with lfs and salt critters....amazing the difference the lighting makes..i got a pretty dull looking one (1st one) and it really colored up and grew,, it is the largest one...some pics, but my phone cam sux,,

Good to hear!

I can't wait for the summer, major sh*t is going down in my tank :D

New fish, new equipment, new corals, i finally have a image of what i want, not to mention the resources!

i picked this two head frag up a month or so ago for free, it looks real nice. im thinking of grabbing a nice joker colony soon

IMG_5771.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

phoenix91

Can i join? I should be getting my first acan tomorrow. Ordered from saltcritters, i'll be getting the tiger fur frag. Can't wait!! I'll post pics when i get it.

Also, i'm getting a war coral, are these related to acans? same family? same genus?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been admiring this thread/club/acans for months now...

Most LFS around here suck and I rarely see acans anywhere.

Stumbled across this echinata(?) today and had to get it...

0f007c35.jpg

Don't know if that makes me "qualified" for the club,but...

Anyone near Philly(within an hour or two) have any frags available?

I'm in love with these beauties but having a hard time finding any.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Tim