Top Shelf Aquatics

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanoreefing65

My jbj 28g cf quad is on the truck for delivery :D

I won't be able to set it up right away :mellow: First I have to decide on a table/cabinet to put it on, and second, tomorrow is pre-admission testing for my husbands heart cath, so until I know what's going on with that, I don't even want to open the box.

The cath is scheduled for a week from tomorrow, I could get it up and running before then, but I won't be home for at least a week when they do his open heart surgery... Might be best to wait. I really don't want my kids in charge of my tank while I'm away. :o I do need to take the 46g bf down, to make room for a temp sleeping area for him to recover, so I might not have a choice but to get it set up.

Lori

Nanoreefing65

My nano is here! Jbj 28g cf quad.

Now to do a fill test, hopefully everything is fine. Then I'll start dismantling the 46. Have the table and the spot picked out.

I should have it up and running by sat. night. "crosses fingers"

Tested the lights and fans. So far so good. they look amazing!

They put 3 filter sponges in there? I may leave one in the middle, but I think I should remove the two tall skinny ones. And I will be removing the ceramic rings as well.

Lori

... I keep going back and forth on when to get it up and running... I don't want to wait, I'm pretty sure I'm in a hurry to get it done... These guys better not mess with it when I'm not here...

Wow I really dont like blue tanks but yours is appealing

Thanks! it's really not that blue... I just suck at taking pics. I'll retake couple more shots once I clean up the tank a little.. (some cyano on the sand.)

AFRobert568

I just did my tank change last night form a 20H to this. Tomorrow I will add the skimmer and the phosban reactor. My last tank was a cautionary tale about how algae could take over your tank. Let’s hope not this time.

P1080726.jpg

P1080724.jpg

Definitely much nicer tanks and pictures out there. But here is my 24G nanocube. A little over a year old now.

IMAG00312.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

Sorry for the quality. They were taken off my Evo.

Hello there ... just got some new live stock ... in the display tank one ended up having ICH.mother $#$%&%....had them in qt for about week. Put them in yesterday ... today the half black dwarf angel has a small amount on it.... any suggestion

Other inhabitants .... 2 false clowns .. 1 lemonpeel (I added together with half black not aggressive at eat other at all) .. 1 scooter blenny and 2-3 inch green BTA .. and other inverts.

Any help would be great

Thx

post-64804-1300385973_thumb.jpg

Hello there ... just got some new live stock ... in the display tank one ended up having ICH.mother $#$%&%....had them in qt for about week. Put them in yesterday ... today the half black dwarf angel has a small amount on it.... any suggestion

Other inhabitants .... 2 false clowns .. 1 lemonpeel (I added together with half black not aggressive at eat other at all) .. 1 scooter blenny and 2-3 inch green BTA .. and other inverts.

Any help would be great

Thx

I like your angels

here's another shot of the tank.

fts0318.JPG

How do you post your large pics..... I asked a few page's ago, I think mini dude told me once... couldn't seem to get it to work....I know I have to have an online account like flicker or photo bucket.... but then what or should I say HOW?

By the way my fish doesn't have ich....I was a little premature with my diagnosis.... all is good with my tank....

thanks

Any help would be great

Thx

Those are some super white rocks...tank hasn't been set up very long has it?

Scooter belnnies are really tough to get to eat prepared foods...and you obviously don't have much algae. What's yours eating?

Also, I'm sure you already know this but those two angles are way too large for the little cube tank. They need more swimming room and the ICH is going to get worse because of the stress of being in such a small tank with ANOTHER angel that's also too large for the tank.

Best of luck, I'd figure something out quickly though.

here's another shot of the tank.

fts0318.JPG

Beautiful tank. Really incredible colors.

How do you post your large pics..... I asked a few page's ago, I think mini dude told me once... couldn't seem to get it to work....I know I have to have an online account like flicker or photo bucket.... but then what or should I say HOW?

By the way my fish doesn't have ich....I was a little premature with my diagnosis.... all is good with my tank....

thanks

Umm I did say it once and I belive Its in this thread..look around GL

Jek-41, once you setup a photo bucket account and download your photos to it, it will give you different options for each photo. The one I use is the "IMG code". You just click on it and it creates a copy of the URL or link to the picture. You then just paste that into your reply on nano-reef.

Beautiful tank. Really incredible colors.

Thanks so much tank been through a lot so some colors washed out.

thanks

Hey Jek,

I use my Comcast FTP storage to host my pics. Kind of confusing to type on how to do it. your better off using Flick or something else. or google your ISP FTP

Jek-41, once you setup a photo bucket account and download your photos to it, it will give you different options for each photo. The one I use is the "IMG code". You just click on it and it creates a copy of the URL or link to the picture. You then just paste that into your reply on nano-reef.

Sweet that was the answer I was looking for... thanks

Sweet that was the answer I was looking for... thanks

Nanoreefing65
I sincerely urge all the JBJ owners to find a good local connection for coral pick-ups if you can do so. Join a saltwater club in your area, go to a frag swap, etc. Please do not pay $40-$100 for one polyp of anything. This is getting ridiculous and your purchase will only add fuel to the fire. We need to keep these price tags in check so more hobbyists can enjoy their tanks without breaking their banks.

That's why mr.coral is there, frags may be small, but hey, corals do grow.

I can't afford to spend 40$-100$ on one polyp of anything... No matter how rare it may be

Nanoreefing65

Ok, I finally decided to move everything from the 46g bow to the jbj 28g nano. Didn't add anything new, LS, LR, and existing water. I should not see a cycle.

I put the sand in, and the storm cloud in the tank was taking forever to clear out, so I had to put the rock in blind. I haven't a clue what it looks like right now, as it's still cloudy. Guess i'll find out tomorrow.

I won't be home to do anything with the tank until Wednesday afternoon, I'll be at the hospital, for my husbands surgery tomorrow.

I'll move things around a bit Wednesday night, and Thursday my order from MrCoral will be delivered.

I'll take a few pictures, and post them as soon as I have a bit of time.

Crossing fingers that everything goes well for my husband.

Lori

Archived