Innovative Marine Aquariums

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

So I want to update the lighting to LED on my tank but do it on a budget. I plan on keeping softies and LPS corals in my tank. Would one PAR38 over a nanocube 24 be enough light? 80* optics?

I have 1 par 38 with 80 degree lenses 12" off the water and it just barely lights up the whole nc12. I don't think 1 bulb over a 29 is going to work.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey for all you people who have the nano cube LED system how long do you put your daylights on for, so they don't bleach your corals, I only have softies

I'm running 8 hours right now and my hammer corals love it.

Can I still compete for the banner?

My 3 gal Picotope:

DSCN2887.jpg

I can try to get a more recent FTS next week if that would be better :)

Hey for all you people who have the nano cube LED system how long do you put your daylights on for, so they don't bleach your corals, I only have softies

28g LED: 7 hours for daylights, dusk/dawn hour before and after daylights, moonlights morning till nite.

Hello All,

Just wanted to know if any of you out there attempted a mod consisting of:

- Using the Lid of a 28 gal CF and mod'ing it out to a LED canopy using

Nanotuners conversion kit.

I want more growth and / or the option to grow exotic corals... I am thinking about

purchasing the kit.... I believe it is an upgrade when compared to the JBJ canopy LED...

Please advise... any and all comments welcome.

Later...

AlanStanwyk

I have a jbj 12 that just finished cycling. Question- Is there a nano skimmer avail that fits in one of the back chambers? Know you dont need one but Id like to have one just for peace of mind.Heard sapphire used to make one but is now out of business. Also, any LED strips similar to stunners that will fit in the canopy? Not planning on keeping SPS, but just want to add some color/shimmer to the PC's.

Can I still compete for the banner?

My 3 gal Picotope:

DSCN2775.jpg

I can try to get a more recent FTS next week if that would be better :)

nice you get a spot

Deleted User 4

nice jbj's u guys,

here is my jbj nano cube 24 gal, it's kind of plain for now, but I will still be adding about 8 more coral colonies to this tank perhaps red, blue, orange, yellow and not green since I have too much green in there, I just don't like frags

04262011177.jpg

04262011187.jpg

let me know what you guys think about this rock setup/landscape because I don't know why but I post this in my gallery and some1 gave me a 1/10 rating lol so I am guessing it's because of the rock setup :happy:

rossruffino

Hey guys,

Haven't "checked in" in awhile but here is a link to a new video of my tank at 4 months old. My camera really doesn't do the tank justice but I think you'll get the idea. Just yesterday finished my DIY LED retro, which I love, had 150w k2 before, this blows it away! And I just in the last three weeks started adding some SPS. Click on check out my tank below!

Nice looking tanks guys

Here is a few shots of the one I started last week

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

very nice, love3 the scape, what type of rock is rthat?

very nice, love3 the scape, what type of rock is rthat?

Thank You!!! I really can't answer what kind of rock it is but if you think it looks good in the picture then you should see it in person. The big rock in the center has an amazing shape to it.

• 2 months later...
KellyRRoberts4

My 3G JBJ :-)

Not much, but I like that tiny frags/specimens don't LOOK tiny!

BTW, love the other tanks in this! Gives me something to aspire to!!!

3%2520Gal%25207-5%2520%2520-%2520%25202.jpg

lpsouth1978

Here is a more recent shot of my 3g pico. This pic was taken a little over a week ago. Been running for about two months now and is slowly being stocked.

560ec4b4.jpg

here is a shot of mine....... 5 months young. last night I moved some things around and added a few more corals... I will update FTS later tonight.

IMG_20110704_101720.jpg

Just ordered 2 BoostLED PAR30 bulbs (3 royal blue 2 cool white leds). So excited... I'll post pics when I get them set up!

They now have some nice lamp clamps, although they are on back order. I have on of the 4/1 bulbs on a 7 gallon rimless pico, like the looks and the corals seem to be doing fine for the last six months.

My 28g LED Nanocube as it sits today...

post-52993-1310610032_thumb.jpg

post-52993-1310610057_thumb.jpg

I'm running out of room so I am expanding to an additional tank(24"x24"x12" rimless).

Updated pics of my NC28. Unfortunately lost all my fish to a case of marine ich. The corals are all doing great. Pictures taken with my wife's Nikon Coolpix S8100. Pretty powerful little camera.

DSCN1400-2.jpg

DSCN1399-2.jpg

DSCN1398-2.jpg

DSCN1396-2.jpg

DSCN1395-2.jpg

DSCN1394-2.jpg

DSCN1392-2.jpg

DSCN1390-2.jpg

DSCN1385-2.jpg

DSCN1384-2.jpg

DSCN1381-2.jpg

DSCN1380-2.jpg

DSCN1368-2.jpg

DSCN1369-2.jpg

DSCN1372-2.jpg

• 2 months later...
sjnovakovich

Jumped into the JBJ world last night. I got a 28 advanced LED setup, eShopps protein skimmer, and a Koralia 1050. Lot's of stuff to get before its up an running. I'll start a build thread when I get going. How do you get the JBJ Owners Club logo in your signature?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

question to all the JBJ owner. Does anyone have a 12g JBJ nanocube that they have upgraded?

If so, i'm looking to swap out my stock pump, i've heard word about maxi-jet 900. Is it a good one for that size tank, or is it too powerful?

What else can I do to upgrade the back of the tank system?

question to all the JBJ owner. Does anyone have a 12g JBJ nanocube that they have upgraded?

If so, i'm looking to swap out my stock pump, i've heard word about maxi-jet 900. Is it a good one for that size tank, or is it too powerful?

What else can I do to upgrade the back of the tank system?

go with a 900 and put a hydor-flo to replace the duckbill return =)

check out my tank in my sig (use to be a 12g until i upgraded)

DSC_0132.jpg

Archived