Coral Vue Hydros

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

Hey Everyone, I have 28g NC that started as a Quad bulb thing, it's currently a HQI with Nano tuners 2.18 upgrade. But now am having problems with the HQI cutting off and on, I purchased the 4 new fans, but all the screws have rusted to death, has this happened to anyone, and what have you used for it not to happen again? Brass screws? Stainless steel screws? Bronze screws? Aluminum screws? And also what size and thread?

Have ordered a New plastic cover from JBJ, because am going to have to break the plastic cover to try to remove the rusted screws

Any suggestions, would be awesome

Thank You

Bump

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know quite a few people have had BTAs in a nanocube. Ive never heard of one getting caught in the overflow. Anemones release some sort of toxins in a tank when they die. I dont know if any toxins were released in this case because of it being a quick death but I would do a water change asap.

Thanks for the info.... I do believe it released it's toxins based on my lemonpeel and half black & white went from being healthy fish to dead fish 2 days after the anemone got shredded but my two clown fish are perfectly fine...like nothing happened.

What heater is everyone using in their JBJ 28's? I would like to get a Jager because it sounds like to most reliable, but I am concerned about the length. Ideally I think I'd need at least a 100w, but is that too long for the heater chamber? Would a Jager 75w be enough? Thoughts?

What heater is everyone using in their JBJ 28's? I would like to get a Jager because it sounds like to most reliable, but I am concerned about the length. Ideally I think I'd need at least a 100w, but is that too long for the heater chamber? Would a Jager 75w be enough? Thoughts?

I have the Jager 100w in mine and it works fine. It is in the heater chamber and just the top inch of it is above the water line.

Wow..it looks like the club has come a long way....I like how nice yall are getting a long with each other...just wanted to say that...carry on

Hey Everyone, I have 28g NC that started as a Quad bulb thing, it's currently a HQI with Nano tuners 2.18 upgrade. But now am having problems with the HQI cutting off and on, I purchased the 4 new fans, but all the screws have rusted to death, has this happened to anyone, and what have you used for it not to happen again? Brass screws? Stainless steel screws? Bronze screws? Aluminum screws? And also what size and thread?

Have ordered a New plastic cover from JBJ, because am going to have to break the plastic cover to try to remove the rusted screws

Any suggestions, would be awesome

Thank You

My HQI hood had the same issue with screws rusting and disintegrating. I ended up having the devil of a time trying to replace the HQI bulb. Stainless steel is the only way to go. I think they are No.10 size. I wrote to JBJ a couple of times asking about replacement screws and they were unable to help. Try a marine (boat) supply store.

small update on my tank,cycle has been done and i have been stocking the tank little by little.here are some pics

DSC_7186.jpg

DSC_7209.jpg

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_7214.jpg

DSC_7218.jpg

DSC_7222.jpg

DSC_7210.jpg

and a fts,excuse the pvc but i was having issues with the temp and halide and cant find the coralife legs

DSC_7225.jpg

also placed and order today with mrcoral so will post pics when the new frags arrive

looks like you're up bright and early.why would you ever get up at the ungodly hr of 6am MD? you should be banned from NR because you are addicted to it like a crackhead to crack. now go back to bed like all normal children your age (and many much older..)

mind you, I've been up since 9 yesterday morning :D

Hello all, I just posted a new topic though I was in this Forum but was in the General Forum... haven't posted in awhile, sorry.

I need a little help I.D.-ing some new growth.... rather posting it twice here is the link..

28 Nano.. New Growth I.D. Help

Is there a way to move a post from place to another? New @ the forum thing... again sorry

Later..

post-64804-1302484475_thumb.jpg

After months of wanting to get back into the hobby and saving up some $$$, I'm back in it! Used to have a BC 14 but the new tank is a NC 24.

Just started my tank thread, check it out in my signature.

So I just stuck 2 Maxijet 1200's in my 28 Nano Cube to increase flow and they are loud as heck. Anyone have similar problems with their 28 and if so how'd ya fix it?

looks like you're up bright and early.why would you ever get up at the ungodly hr of 6am MD? you should be banned from NR because you are addicted to it like a crackhead to crack. now go back to bed like all normal children your age (and many much older..)

mind you, I've been up since 9 yesterday morning :D

I have to get up at 6 to go to school

So I just stuck 2 Maxijet 1200's in my 28 Nano Cube to increase flow and they are loud as heck. Anyone have similar problems with their 28 and if so how'd ya fix it?

I run the stock pumps w/ a Nano 240 gph Korilla.... Tanks been up for 2 months.... I have had zero problems. A picture is 2 above this post... I have multiple SPS, LPS, Mushrooms, and other Softy's.... Anemone, Scooter Blenny and multiple types of Snails and Hermits....

Everything is growing fine....note the lighting is a CF. I am very happy with the setup..

I dose my Kent Coral-Vite once a week and dose my 2 part Bionic everyother day 10ml...

My SPS corals are growing great, I actual found a piece of a Birdsnest that broke off a month ago, that was shaded out in the back of the tank with no direct light and still had poylps on it, so I glued it up top and it's doubled in size..

I would sell them on ebay and use the stock ones... but I'm a New "Salty" .. What do I know ?

Later...

Have a 5 month old 28g JBJ LED tank. Recently, have found some cyano creeping around the back of the tank. Tried syphoning it out, but it comes back--its also starting in the front. Have two separate island landscape.

Water parameters appear fine. 0 Phosphates, <.05 Nitrates, 400 Ca, 8.2 alk, 1300 mg, 1.024 salinity.

I change out 5 gallons per week with RO/DI and salt mix and feed once per day New Life Spectrum pellets.

I hear many of you run both pumps simultaneously for increased flow. If I fill the back high enough so micro bubbles don't appear, I'm afraid it will overflow when turning off pumps to feed.

Suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks much.

I fill mine up so that my waterline with both pumps on is about 3/4" below the filter and pump partition wall. I made a mark on the back glass and another mark about 5-6" below that so I know when to top off...

seems to be working great..

Branching Frog Spawn

Branching Hammer

Branching Torch

Green Slimmer

ORA Purple Valida

ORA Staghorn

ORA Green Birds Nest

Zoa's

Emerald Crab

Scooter Blenny

Multiple Hermits

Multiple types of Snails

Long Tip Anemone

All my stuff seems to be doing fine under my CF lighting, may I add that I am looking into a LED mod. and if I can't do that I plan on changing my CF bulbs every 6 months.

Later...

I fill mine up so that my waterline with both pumps on is about 3/4" below the filter and pump partition wall. I made a mark on the back glass and another mark about 5-6" below that so I know when to top off...

seems to be working great..

All my stuff seems to be doing fine under my CF lighting, may I add that I am looking into a LED mod. and if I can't do that I plan on changing my CF bulbs every 6 months.

Later...

Waiting to have the water line drop 4" seems like it would lead to a big sway in salinity levels?

Archived