inTank Media Baskets

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

I orderd the 25 gal quick crew from reefcleners and added a blue leg hermit to that... i put a emerald crab in this weekend. he is so funny... named him arnold

also a green hammer coral, dragon eye zoas and green dot daisy polups

cant wait for my cuc to get here

What did the quick crew consist of?
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geckoman2003

I got my first piece of base rock today for my 28 gal HQI. It's a nice 9 lb tonga coral head. It was from my LFS. They had it for over 4 months. It had a few spots where pieces had broken off, but to me that just added to it's charm.

I ordered the rest of my LR from liverockranch.com. It should be here by Friday.

My plans are to aquascape it into a "C" with a sand lagoon in the center. I am on the look out for a nice piece of shelf rock to make a cave on the inside of the "C".

I'll post some photos after the live rock is all in the tank.

What did the quick crew consist of?

Here is what i ordered

24 Dwarf Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

8 Nassarius - scavengers that will eat leftover food and some fish waste. They will stir sand, but can also be kept in bare bottom tanks.

9 Florida Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on fine hair algae, diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

6 Large & 4 Small to Medium Nerites - We are currently offering the longer lived and quite hardy Antillean Nerite. (Nerita fulgurans). It grows to a nice size,and consumes a good deal of diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. It will also consume some fine hair algae. A nocturnal herbivore that will feed more often at night, they tend to need some time to adjust to the limitations of the aquarium during their first week.

But i ended up getting like 75 to 100 :lol::huh::scarry: Dwarf Ceriniths... my tank has a tons for them to eat right now... but i will be thining them out if needed... I recommend Reefcleaners very much! John was more than helpful and shipping was FAST!!!!!!

Hello all.... a few post's ago I mentioned I picked up some shrooms from the LFS attached to a small pc of LR. The rock had a few other things on it as well... some purple leaf like algae (looks like purple lettuce, sorry no pic this time)... also has a few feather dusters.... in my original post I also mentions a light to lime green looking anemone, well I like I know what it is..SNAKELOCK Anemone... Does anyone have any info on these or experience with them... GOOD or BAD ????

I have attached a few sh!tty pics of mine and one I got off the internet for comparison.... Originally I thought it was aptaisa but is not the brownish color....mine in the day time looks lime green... anyway hope someone know a little more than me.... Later

post-64804-1299076832_thumb.jpg

post-64804-1299076844_thumb.jpg

post-64804-1299076857_thumb.jpg

post-64804-1299076880_thumb.jpg

I have attached a few sh!tty pics of mine and one I got off the internet for comparison.... . anyway hope someone know a little more than me.... Later

looks like it could be a ghost ...or ufo energy orbs in a sea of dream like clouds seen only during a heroin overdose... that’s my best guess =) :D

Hi JBJOC

i decided to take the advice of all the seasoned nano reefers on here and bought myself a refractometer... sure enough my swing arm was wrong... not way off… but enough to let the swing arm take a back seat. I Need to slowly increase my salinity now… do yourself a favor and get one if you don’t have one already

Hi JBJOC

i decided to take the advice of all the seasoned nano reefers on here and bought myself a refractometer... sure enough my swing arm was wrong... not way off… but enough to let the swing arm take a back seat. I Need to slowly increase my salinity now… do yourself a favor and get one if you don’t have one already

Nice. I definitely need to look into getting one.

Yes the swing arms sometimes get water in them and also salt creep that over time make them less effective.

JEK, aptatia can take make color foems so it might be it. If you want to try to get rid of it lots of people use Joe's jucie.

Yes the swing arms sometimes get water in them and also salt creep that over time make them less effective.

JEK, aptatia can take make color foems so it might be it. If you want to try to get rid of it lots of people use Joe's jucie.

It's super small gonna let go for now.... there's not much else happening in my tank...it's not even a month old yet. I now believe it is a ghost....although the little bigger is neon green during the day and everything I've seen online....ghosts look white or clear

Well just wanna update my tank with everyone.... it is now 28 days young.... tonight I bought the finishing touches of my CUC... now the tank hosts the following.

9 Dwaf Hermits

10 Nerites

3 Ceriths

2 Turbos

1 Emerald Crab

2 False Clowns

1 pc LR w/ 4-7 Feather Dusters, 2 Shrooms, unidentified purple lettuce looking algae, and an unidentified

Flourecent Green Anenome (roughly size of a Dime.... only seems to come out during moon light hours)

20 lb base rock seems to be curing great.

10 lb live rock seems to be seeding base rock nicely

Diatoms are gone, and no Green Algae yet.... so for as a new salty I guess I am doing well...so far so good. Just need to leave it alone now and let it mature.....But I want to add a Blue Hippo Tang.... maybe next in the next few weeks.....ah yeah its a 28 Gal CF..... Later

Telekinesis
But I want to add a Blue Hippo Tang.... maybe next in the next few weeks.....ah yeah its a 28 Gal CF.....

Don't get them started. :lol:

Updated pics, just added a Coral Beauty, know it is bit of a risk, so far she is not bothering the corals.

FTS

IMG_6906-2.jpg

ORA Neon Green Birdsnest (my first SPS)

IMG_6904-2.jpg

Pair of Percs

IMG_6902-2.jpg

Hammer

IMG_6887-2.jpg

Zoas, Gold Tip Xenia

IMG_6884-2.jpg

Sun Coral

IMG_6892-2.jpg

Coral Beauty

IMG_6913-2.jpg

IMG_6896-2.jpg

Updated pics, just added a Coral Beauty, know it is bit of a risk, so far she is not bothering the corals.

FTS

IMG_6906-2.jpg

IMG_6904-2.jpg

Pair of Percs

IMG_6902-2.jpg

Hammer

IMG_6887-2.jpg

Zoas, Gold Tip Xenia

IMG_6884-2.jpg

Sun Coral

IMG_6892-2.jpg

Coral Beauty

IMG_6913-2.jpg

IMG_6896-2.jpg

Looks great. I always loved coral beauty angel. Definitely one of my favorite looking fish.

Well just wanna update my tank with everyone.... it is now 28 days young.... tonight I bought the finishing touches of my CUC... now the tank hosts the following.

9 Dwaf Hermits

10 Nerites

3 Ceriths

2 Turbos

1 Emerald Crab

2 False Clowns

1 pc LR w/ 4-7 Feather Dusters, 2 Shrooms, unidentified purple lettuce looking algae, and an unidentified

Flourecent Green Anenome (roughly size of a Dime.... only seems to come out during moon light hours)

20 lb base rock seems to be curing great.

10 lb live rock seems to be seeding base rock nicely

Diatoms are gone, and no Green Algae yet.... so for as a new salty I guess I am doing well...so far so good. Just need to leave it alone now and let it mature.....But I don't want to add a Blue Hippo Tang.... in the next few weeks.....ah yeah its a 28 Gal CF..... Later

FTFY :)

OMG!

I just found out that my LFS RO water is CRAP!

Explains my GHA outbreak... daily water changes for me... i was getting the rest of my ro water from the machine at the store (Publix Glacier water machine)...tested that and found it has nitrates!

Running purgen and elite and my test results are perfect across the board..Not testing for phosphates yet =( I think my GHA is eating the nirates and stuff and giving false results. Lucky me...i only filled half my tank with the LFS water and the rest from the machine. Distilled water is my only option until i can find a new source of RODI

Just thought i would give the JBJOC a heads up...don’t trust crappy LFS's :scarry:

Wish me luck

Not sure if this is ok but I will post in hopes that it is. If not i will try and delete it. Does anyone have a DX hood or better so I can upgrade my 12g OG tank.

new-b-reefer

FTS

IMG_6906-2.jpg

IMG_6904-2.jpg

Pair of Percs

IMG_6902-2.jpg

Hammer

IMG_6887-2.jpg

Zoas, Gold Tip Xenia

IMG_6884-2.jpg

Sun Coral

IMG_6892-2.jpg

Coral Beauty

IMG_6913-2.jpg

IMG_6896-2.jpg

i think you should be fine with the coral beauty, i have had mine in my NC28 CFquad for over a year and have never had a problem with her :) she is one of my favorites, i have alot of zoas and gsp and knock on wood... all has been perfect :)

i didnt even know this jbj owners club was around... i want in ;)

links are in my sig to my nano cube and my picotope :D

Yep its around but the only thing you need to join is to do the thing in the OP and carry the JBJ Owners club banner. ;)

EZ, get a sea hair :P

lpsouth1978

What is the fastest you would expect a tank to cycle. I got the sand and water in my pico on Mon. I put live rock in it on Tues. On Wed. I checked the water params and the ammonia was elevated. Thurs. I checked again and Ammonia was still elevated. This afternoon I checked it and the ammonia is now at 0ppm. All of the params are as follows:

Nitrites = 0ppm

Nitrates = 0ppm

Ammonia = 0ppm

PH = 8.2

Phosphates = undetectable

Calcium = 420

DKh = 12

SG = 1.025

The live rock was purchased from a mature tank at the LFS and I have been dosing Cycle daily.I will keep checking everyday, but can a small tank cycle in only 4 days?

What is the fastest you would expect a tank to cycle. I got the sand and water in my pico on Mon. I put live rock in it on Tues. On Wed. I checked the water params and the ammonia was elevated. Thurs. I checked again and Ammonia was still elevated. This afternoon I checked it and the ammonia is now at 0ppm. All of the params are as follows:

Nitrites = 0ppm

Nitrates = 0ppm

Ammonia = 0ppm

PH = 8.2

Phosphates = undetectable

Calcium = 420

DKh = 12

SG = 1.025

The live rock was purchased from a mature tank at the LFS and I have been dosing Cycle daily.I will keep checking everyday, but can a small tank cycle in only 4 days?

Well mine just did that...I have a nc28. I am a new salty so tread lightly in my waters .. lol. But mine soft cycled in 5-7 dadays... happened so fast I missed the ammonia and only had nitrates on day 5... I let it go until day 10 tested again.. 20 ppm nitrates did 5 gal water change the fired a few crabs snails and 2 clowns. All is well.

post-64804-1299287060_thumb.jpg

wow all the tanks on here look amazing,can't wait for mine's to finish the cycle.was looking at my tank this morning and found these lil critters on the glass

DSC_7163.jpg

and also this lil guy whom i thought was on the outside of the tank till i tried cleaning it off :lol:

DSC_7162.jpg

Umm i think the stuff in the first pic are mini serpent stars but Im not 100% sure.

The second pic might be flat worms but again I have no clue. Check in the idedification forum.

Archived