Pod Your Reef

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump, anymore JBJ's?

Of course, here's mine. 28g nano HQI, hoping to change to LED's later in the year because the heat output is really getting tough to control.

photo2kjx.jpg

Sweet.. a JBJ club

Just started a 28 hqi a few weeks ago. got fresh live rock from gulf live rock and am havving so much fun... i find new stuff everyday... including a mantis :o=0 ... he is so fun to watch... dont think i am gonna keep him but he makes me run to the tank all the time. tons of sponges brain corals and a few flower/rock nems...not sure yet

i will post pics soon

I'm new to here and to reef keeping. I'm setting up a 28g hqi. I'm on a budget. So I get to buy things as I go. My tank is currenlty getting a leak test. I will be ordering my live rock next week. I already have my LS. So I'll be setting up the LR and LS when I get the rock. Any recommendations as where to buy the rock from and what type to go with? I am thinking about Live Rock Ranch premium deco rock. Anyone have any dealings with them? My main concern is hitch hikers.

I personally preferred Tampa Bay Saltwater. I went with a combination of base rock and live rock. I also put the rock down before I put the sand. The reason being you may want to get a fish or shrimp that like to burrow. This can cause the sand to shift and possibly cause a rock slide. Not a good thing to have happen.

new jbj 28g owner,tank was set up about a week n a half ago and is going through a diatom bloom as i type,here are some pics i took tonight

fts

DSC_7157.jpg

rockwork

DSC_7159.jpg

I personally preferred Tampa Bay Saltwater. I went with a combination of base rock and live rock. I also put the rock down before I put the sand. The reason being you may want to get a fish or shrimp that like to burrow. This can cause the sand to shift and possibly cause a rock slide. Not a good thing to have happen.

I checked out TBS webpage. They seem to have some good rock, but also seem to more into selling the package deals. I'll have to give it some more thought. I like the idea of Aquacultured rock. I'm not a greenie kind of guy, but this seems to be more responsible way of going. Pluss some of the Deco rock I've seen picts of are realy cool.

Did you have much in the way of bad hitch hikers?

I'm new to here and to reef keeping. I'm setting up a 28g hqi. I'm on a budget. So I get to buy things as I go. My tank is currenlty getting a leak test. I will be ordering my live rock next week. I already have my LS. So I'll be setting up the LR and LS when I get the rock. Any recommendations as where to buy the rock from and what type to go with? I am thinking about Live Rock Ranch premium deco rock. Anyone have any dealings with them? My main concern is hitch hikers.

HI geckoman2003

I just started my tank 2 weeks ago and ordered my live rock from

http://www.gulfliverock.com/

But i used eBay to buy from him... 20 lbs for $80 plus $25 for shipping. the best part is i got about 24 lbs.

http://shop.ebay.com/gulfliverock/m.html?_...p;_trksid=p3686

Just read the reviews... amazing rock... tons of life... i have a mantis in mine... fun to watch during the cycle.. Going to find a home for him.

But i also got tons of sponges, gorgonians, flower nems, tons of macro algae and finding new stuff everyday.

I am no expert but i am very pleased with my rock

Hope this helps

I checked out TBS webpage. They seem to have some good rock, but also seem to more into selling the package deals. I'll have to give it some more thought. I like the idea of Aquacultured rock. I'm not a greenie kind of guy, but this seems to be more responsible way of going. Pluss some of the Deco rock I've seen picts of are realy cool.

Did you have much in the way of bad hitch hikers?

Actually I only got the base rock from them. I got the live rock from my LFS.

<------ mine's over there

we need a nano-reef tag for the JBJ club... anyone want to make?

we should step it up a bit and get tatoos! :D

I think in might be able to get us one. :D I just PMed Mr. Microscope (the one who makes banners for peoples tanks who win contests) and asked how to make one and if he would be willing to make one for us. :fingerscrossed:

reefernanoman

I got my own little thread, but i'll post here too: I got and old school 24g nanocube with 150w mh and 2x24w t5(only one working right now), a jbj chiller, jbj auto top off. In the back: chamber 1 sponge, chamber 2 chemipure with remora skimmer, chamber 3 chiller pump return pump and heater. In the main display: hydor coralia nano, tunze nano stream pump, about 15lbs of live rock, about 10lbs of live sand, montis, spongedode encrusting montipora, screaming green birds nest, a small falsce perc clown fish, lawnmower blenny, and a shrimp and goby pair. Not too many corals, but tank has been running for about 2 yrs. I used to have a nice RBTA in there but I had to move it to my 75g tank since it was getting huge. I had a terrible case of hair algea, so I got a tuxedo sea urchin to get rid of that, but I had to sell it because it ate it all. A couple of pics: I also got some candy canes.

IMG_20110208_125336.jpg

IMG_20110216_140832.jpg

IMG_20110208_125221.jpg

I posted a bunch of new photos on my tank thread. They are on page 12 if anyone cares to see them. Here are 2 for the jbj owners thread.

This is a full tank shot at 16 months

2-22FTS.jpg

This is a shot of the top of my tank. The new acro is my first of many to come.

Top.jpg

Archived