Top Shelf Aquatics

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

reefernanoman

here is my new signature! proud member here! I'm just a little jelaous because they used the other guys pics on the banner instead of mine, but it's all good!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I am new to the JBJ world. I just got a NC12. I consider myself a newbie to the hobby. I will post some pics once I get the system up and running. Any tips or advice gladly accepted. Thanks
Go slow and read read read. Once you read you will find out what you need to know.

here is my new signature! proud member here! I'm just a little jelaous because they used the other guys pics on the banner instead of mine, but it's all good!
Sorry dude I wasn't in control of that but I promise next month you will be on it. You still like it tho?

OMG!!! my tank made the JBJ Club banner... I love it! great job! will sign it with pride! :lol::D:P;):bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::naughtydance::owned::haha:

cycle is done and steady for over a week.....off to the LFS... caught my mantis and found him a home... today is a good day! Time for some CUC members

The banner is beastly!!!!!!!1 omgomgomg Isnt it?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yay your cycle is over!!!!!! omgomgomg mantises are coll you should start a whole new tank for it :P What kind of CUC are you thinking about? I also recommend ReefCleanners for your CUC.

reefernanoman
Go slow and read read read. Once you read you will find out what you need to know.

Sorry dude I wasn't in control of that but I promise next month you will be on it. You still like it tho?

yeah it's kool! I love it!

new rule. If you are a club member you must wear the banner or the tag.

Thanks, MD

Wouldn't a better rule be: "You must own a JBJ tank if you want to be a club member" ?

Thats low. I started this club to get all JBJ people together and when I get my tank I will know what to do. Its also a place where we can all hang and talk about JBJ's.

Well went to the LFS today and got some new life forms... finally GOT FISH... no pun intended, well maybe a little....(DAY 22)

- picked up 2 False Clowns

- 1 Emerald Crab

- 1 pc of live rock (coral)

- includes a few Shrooms, Feather dusters and some Purple Algae (don't what it is...Please Advise) if

you know what it is....there is also some red looking corilline (no good pic but .... Please Advise) if

any one knows what it is..... SWEET B)

- there is also a small looking aqua green hair like growth (no pic) some of you dedicated reefers

may know what it is by my lame description....any way pics are attached... SLOWLY but SURELY my

fellow aquarians...at least thats what my light reading has told me.... Later

I forgot to upload the RED looking Corilline stuff.... sorry but I am new to this... anyway the pic is attached...Later

post-64804-1298771968_thumb.jpg

post-64804-1298771995_thumb.jpg

post-64804-1298772051_thumb.jpg

post-64804-1298772218_thumb.jpg

I put the LS and water in my 28 gal HQI last night. It's almost cleared up. I've got fibber floss running in it right now. I've been changing it about every 4 hours. I will be ordering my rock Tuesday. So I hope it will be to me by Saturday. This weekend could be a lot of fun!

Here is a link to my custom picotope. It is not running just yet but I hope to have rock and sand in it by the end of the week.

Equipment:

3gal JBJ Picotope (Custom Drilled and Plumbed)

Custom stand and Light

Light has 26 3W Cree LED's (12 CW, 12 RB, 2 RB moonlights)

2.5gal Custom Sump/refugium

AquaVia Return pump (296gph)

Custom LocLine return

2.5gal ATO reservior

Custom ATO system

JBJ 4 LED refugium Light

I plan on keeping primarily SPS in this system. I will post more pics once I have rock and water in it.

Here is the link to my build thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247789

Here is a link to my custom picotope. It is not running just yet but I hope to have rock and sand in it by the end of the week.

Equipment:

3gal JBJ Picotope (Custom Drilled and Plumbed)

Custom stand and Light

Light has 26 3W Cree LED's (12 CW, 12 RB, 2 RB moonlights)

2.5gal Custom Sump/refugium

AquaVia Return pump (296gph)

Custom LocLine return

2.5gal ATO reservior

Custom ATO system

JBJ 4 LED refugium Light

I plan on keeping primarily SPS in this system. I will post more pics once I have rock and water in it.

Here is the link to my build thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247789

Checked out your build thread. It looks awesome. Cant wait to see it full of livestock.

Hello all.... well I finally got the diatom bloom 28 gal nano... hope it doesn't lead to a full blown Algae affair.... if it does any points.... current params. ph 8.2... Salin. 1.023.... ammo 0.... trites 0 .... trates 20 .

Current inhabitants... 2 false clowns. 1 emerald crab. 2 turbos. 9 mini hemits. 1 Camel back shrimp

Rock .... 10 lb Live and 20 lb. base ... all with a slight haze of diatomes.

Base .... 15 lb live from friends established. tank and 15 lb crushed Florida coral.... slight haze of diatoms

************** I WOULD LIKE TO AVOID AN ERUPTION OF ALGAE AT ALL COST ****************

Feel free to elaborate... this is all new to me.... plan on doing a 5 GAL water change this week with Distiled water...mixed of course.....

Any help with a possible break out would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.... Later

Telekinesis

I'd say it depends more on the water you're using as far as an algae bloom goes. Also depends on if you plan to run lights during the cycle and how often you use them. You most likely will end up with some algae even if everything is good, but it isn't anything to worry about. Let it cycle and then add a good clean up crew to feast on it. The algae (probably green-hair) will disappear slowly but surely. Good luck.

I'd say it depends more on the water you're using as far as an algae bloom goes. Also depends on if you plan to run lights during the cycle and how often you use them. You most likely will end up with some algae even if everything is good, but it isn't anything to worry about. Let it cycle and then add a good clean up crew to feast on it. The algae (probably green-hair) will disappear slowly but surely. Good luck.

Thanks, I guess I could of been a little more specific on my tank, at least with the critters and the age of the tank....with said the tank is 25 days new...started it with the Rock and Sand per my last post....the tank never really did a HARD cycle....I ran/run the lights 10 hrs during the day and Moon lights 6 hrs.... on day 14 I went to the LFS and picked up the 10 hemits and 2 turbos....then 5 days later I went back and picked up the 2 Clowns and 1 Emerald Crab... forgot to mention I picked up a small pc of rock with 2 shrooms and feather dusters.... Ya I know that is a big pc of Info to foget...SORRY... I was expecting a small bloom which happened.... Hence my last post..

My params. are stilll the the same temp 77 F .. PH 8.2 Ammo 0 ... Trites 0 .. Trates 10-20 ppm .. I may go get some Margarita Snails and another Emerald just in anticipation of the Algae frenzy... and still planning on doing the water change this Friday or Sat. 4-5 gal using Distilled Water.... Thanks again, any thoughts, recommendations...Later.

I orderd the 25 gal quick crew from reefcleners and added a blue leg hermit to that... i put a emerald crab in this weekend. he is so funny... named him arnold

also a green hammer coral, dragon eye zoas and green dot daisy polups

cant wait for my cuc to get here

Telekinesis

JEK, I'd say it's likely that you'll see an algae bloom running your lights for 10 hours a day. The CUC should take care of it for you and you can always add more as needed. I didn't notice whether or not you said your live rock is cured. That will make a difference as far as your cycle is concerned. I wouldn't worry too much about an algae outbreak right now as it isn't something that can't be remedied in the long run.

Archived