Coral Vue Hydros

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

Ok, I finally decided to move everything from the 46g bow to the jbj 28g nano. Didn't add anything new, LS, LR, and existing water. I should not see a cycle.

I put the sand in, and the storm cloud in the tank was taking forever to clear out, so I had to put the rock in blind. I haven't a clue what it looks like right now, as it's still cloudy. Guess i'll find out tomorrow.

I won't be home to do anything with the tank until Wednesday afternoon, I'll be at the hospital, for my husbands surgery tomorrow.

I'll move things around a bit Wednesday night, and Thursday my order from MrCoral will be delivered.

I'll take a few pictures, and post them as soon as I have a bit of time.

Crossing fingers that everything goes well for my husband.

Lori

Cant wait to see the pictures!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanoreefing65
Cant wait to see the pictures!!

No way it will look as awesome as your tank! Not for awhile anyway. But until my order gets here on thurs, I have "0" coral. Just didn't get around to buying any until now. My frags will be small, but if things go like they did with my first nano a few years ago, the corals will grow, and eventually look amazing! I love growing corals, I think it's my favorite part of reefing ;) lord knows it ain't the maintenance lol

Lori

geckoman2003

Just a few quick questions. What protien skimmer is everyone using? Any mods needed to make it work? and.. How would you rate it performance?

Just a few quick questions. What protien skimmer is everyone using? Any mods needed to make it work? and.. How would you rate it performance?

I run an AquaC Nano on my JBJ 28gallon HQI. Its been running for over a year and does great. No mods necessary

Running a biocube nano skimmer... it's more for aeration than skimming in my nanocube 12 lol

Nanoreefing65

Got the tank up and running, having a problem with one of the pumps intermittently pulsing bubbles into the main area... Not sure what to do about it... Everything else is looking good. I didn't hook up the wave maker to the pumps yet, I want to get it running right first, LR, LS CUC and my 2 clowns, and 2 chromis seemed to handle moving to a new tank just fine. No cycle to worry about, just a transfer to a new tank.

Help?... If you can

Thank you Lori

Telekinesis
Got the tank up and running, having a problem with one of the pumps intermittently pulsing bubbles into the main area... Not sure what to do about it... Everything else is looking good. I didn't hook up the wave maker to the pumps yet, I want to get it running right first, LR, LS CUC and my 2 clowns, and 2 chromis seemed to handle moving to a new tank just fine. No cycle to worry about, just a transfer to a new tank.

Help?... If you can

Thank you Lori

Chances are, you'll have a cycle. I just saw someone transfer a tank over to a 28g Nano only to have a huge hair algae outbreak, along with a bunch of other junk. You might get lucky, but I'd say it's unlikely that you won't experience somewhat of a cycle with the transfer since everything (especially the sand bed) is being disturbed.

Nanoreefing65

Bubble problem solved. Leveled the tank, added more water to to back of the tank, and the pump stopped pulsing bubbles. :)

I hope I don't get a cycle, but if I notice anything, I'll do another water change and try to keep things under control.

I had no choice but to move my existing fish, and inverts into the nano, I took the 46g completely down.

If it does go through a cycle, I hope it's not so bad it kills my fish.

Will take pics soon... It's been a very long week...

Lori

Here's my 6 gallon JBJ...I don't think i have seen this size on this thread yet. I moved last year and had to give up my 40 gallon Fluval Osaka and now that we're settled in to our new place, my suggested a nano tank! I bought the tank from a guy on Canreef in Vancouver BC (where I now live). He had it running for two years with about 6lbs of live rock and a crushed coral bed. He upgraded the lights to the nano tuner 2.18 with 2 X 18w PC's etc. Live stock is one pistol shrimp and a yellow goby (not paired) and one coral which i can't identify yet (I will post a better pic with my camera, these shots were taken with my phone).I upgraded the lights already to the Vertex Illumilux Marino Blanco (3 7000k & 3 450nm Royal Blue) fixture and am going to add a second one next month. I plan to stock it with SPS and softys this weekend and add possibly a small clown. I will post more pics as it evolves. Well, that didn't work! The smallest file size was 1.25MB. I will dig out my camera and take some smaller pics and post before and after this weekend...lame! :mellow:

Hey everyone. I just ended up getting an amazing deal on the 28 LED so looks like I'm joining the club! I was wondering what ya'll recommend regarding setup? I'm thinking of sticking with the stock pumps (always on) until they kick it, and get a Koralia hooked to the wavemaker for behind the rock work and a Hydor Flo for one of the returns. Someone gave me an Urbanek's media basket and fuge light so I'll probably run filter floss, chaeto, and chemipure elite.

How many lbs of substrate would you recommend? I know I need a short heater, will a Jager 75w do it?

Also, all you LED owners, I was wondering what lighting timer schedule has been working for you?

Thanks!

Hey everyone. I just ended up getting an amazing deal on the 28 LED so looks like I'm joining the club! I was wondering what ya'll recommend regarding setup? I'm thinking of sticking with the stock pumps (always on) until they kick it, and get a Koralia hooked to the wavemaker for behind the rock work and a Hydor Flo for one of the returns. Someone gave me an Urbanek's media basket and fuge light so I'll probably run filter floss, chaeto, and chemipure elite.

How many lbs of substrate would you recommend? I know I need a short heater, will a Jager 75w do it?

Also, all you LED owners, I was wondering what lighting timer schedule has been working for you?

Thanks!

I upgraded the stock pumps to maxijet 1200s and am using the Hydor flows. They REALLY kick out some good flow, im not sure if it too much though. I also have a Koralia nano to get back to the low flow areas.

I used 30 lbs of sand and have a 2" sand bed if that tells you anything.

Im still waiting on my Nanotuners order to come in before i can tell you about a lighting schedule.

Thanks for the advice Atomic. Any reason you chose the Maxijet 1200? I was looking at Foster & Smiths and the Pico Evolution 1200 is rated a little higher gph for way less watts. The forum feedback seems pretty good, will it not fit in the JBJ?

AFRobert568

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don’t do the hydor pico evolution. I thought the same thing you did and I purchased the 600, and it was a waste of money. If you look at the max head you will see that they are very short. This means if your NC28 is 18 inches tall you will lose the majority of your flow. The MJ1200 has a max head of 69" compared to the 28” of the Hydor.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don’t do the hydor pico evolution. I thought the same thing you did and I purchased the 600, and it was a waste of money. If you look at the max head you will see that they are very short. This means if your NC28 is 18 inches tall you will lose the majority of your flow. The MJ1200 has a max head of 69" compared to the 28” of the Hydor.

Wow! Thanks Robert! Didn't realize that! It's a good thing I joined this group.

In other news, tank went up today. Beginning my cycle!

Hey Everyone, I have 28g NC that started as a Quad bulb thing, it's currently a HQI with Nano tuners 2.18 upgrade. But now am having problems with the HQI cutting off and on, I purchased the 4 new fans, but all the screws have rusted to death, has this happened to anyone, and what have you used for it not to happen again? Brass screws? Stainless steel screws? Bronze screws? Aluminum screws? And also what size and thread?

Have ordered a New plastic cover from JBJ, because am going to have to break the plastic cover to try to remove the rusted screws

Any suggestions, would be awesome

Thank You

Hello all.... question for everyone how has or ever had a BTA. I had one for about 2 weeks untilled it decided to walk too close to my over flow while I was at work. Needless to say removing him was like having a snot bubble blow up everywhere ... so I removed as much debris as possible and did a 2 gallon water change ... that's all I had mixed @ the time..... 4 days after my fish starter showing signs of ich.. coincidence or caused by shredded anemone? ??? Planning on 25% water change tonight and let nature take its course after that regarding the ich. Whatelse could I do and do think the shredded BTA caused it.... please any help would be great

Well, I got my camera out, did some aquascaping and hopefully figured out how to post some pics...let me know what you think!

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

Here's my 6 gallon JBJ...I don't think i have seen this size on this thread yet. I moved last year and had to give up my 40 gallon Fluval Osaka and now that we're settled in to our new place, my wife suggested a nano tank! I bought the tank from a guy on Canreef in Vancouver BC (where I now live). He had it running for two years with about 6lbs of live rock and a crushed coral bed. He upgraded the lights to the nano tuner 2.18 with 2 X 18w PC's etc. Live stock is one pistol shrimp and a yellow goby (not paired) and one coral which i can't identify yet (I will post a better pic with my camera, these shots were taken with my phone).I upgraded the lights already to the Vertex Illumilux Marino Blanco (3 7000k & 3 450nm Royal Blue) fixture and am going to add a second one next month. I plan to stock it with SPS and softys this weekend and add possibly a small clown. I will post more pics as it evolves. Well, that didn't work! The smallest file size was 1.25MB. I will dig out my camera and take some smaller pics and post before and after this weekend...lame! :mellow:
Hello all.... question for everyone how has or ever had a BTA. I had one for about 2 weeks untilled it decided to walk too close to my over flow while I was at work. Needless to say removing him was like having a snot bubble blow up everywhere ... so I removed as much debris as possible and did a 2 gallon water change ... that's all I had mixed @ the time..... 4 days after my fish starter showing signs of ich.. coincidence or caused by shredded anemone? ??? Planning on 25% water change tonight and let nature take its course after that regarding the ich. Whatelse could I do and do think the shredded BTA caused it.... please any help would be great

I know quite a few people have had BTAs in a nanocube. Ive never heard of one getting caught in the overflow. Anemones release some sort of toxins in a tank when they die. I dont know if any toxins were released in this case because of it being a quick death but I would do a water change asap.

Archived