SaltCritters.com

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

Waiting to have the water line drop 4" seems like it would lead to a big sway in salinity levels?

No.. I checked it multiple times a day for a week..... it varies a little bit 1.023-1.025. That's been the swing for 2-1/2 months.... works well for me.. but I'm not too anal about my parameters... the other Prams are zero across the board with calcium around 400-420.

This is all new to me... did a lot of reading prior.. but as you know probably not enough... lol

Later...

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are these things...

I have a ton of these small white, what looks like slugs, all over in the back chambers of my nc28. I will try to take a picture of them but it is tough to get a good shot. They are only in the chambers, I don't see any in the display. The funny thing is they don't seem to move. They look like grains of rice, stuck all over the walls, heater, and pumps.

Any ideas. A while back I did add a bag of the Reef Pods but these are not copepods.

Ok, time to switch the banner up! :D Post your rectn FTS and then me and Grape will decide whos going to be place on it. :D have fun !

Thanks for letting me be part of the initial banner. Looking forward to seeing the next batch.

no problem man! the real cathcer for your tank was the big mushie ...thise are cool

Here's a hint for your media basket in the JBJ 28g LED tank. Some (including me) have had issues of too much overflow with both pumps on as it goes over top of media basket. Typically, most are putting floss, purigen and chemi-pure (in that order) in the basket (even upgraded baskets from Urbanek or InTank).

Experimented today taking out all but the filter floss. BINGO! Much better flow and no overflow. Guess the extra media was impeding the flow. We'll see how the tank parameters--especially phosphate levels hold up with zero chemical media.

Crossing fingers...

Hey guys new member of the club here.

First FTS

post-66199-1303093574_thumb.jpg

Setup on Friday, added rocks on Saturday. Have Vortex D1 diatom on for now to keep cloud down as I get rocks right.

Sunday FTS

post-66199-1303093586_thumb.jpg

Friend from Live rock

post-66199-1303093599_thumb.jpg

Here is my recent FTS

IMAG0601.jpg

you have a spot in it

Here's mine FTS...it's. A little young 2 months

IMG_20110419_082808.jpg

and so do you :D

thx for posting your FTS first :D

I have two spots left, whos it gonna be?

you have a spot in it

and so do you :D

thx for posting your FTS first :D

I have two spots left, whos it gonna be?

Mini-dude.... did you get your tank.... any pics I haven't posted the last couple day... saw the quote @ the bottom of your post.

Anyway mine should be able to compete for your banner in 1-2 more months

Mini-dude.... did you get your tank.... any pics I haven't posted the last couple day... saw the quote @ the bottom of your post.

Anyway mine should be able to compete for your banner in 1-2 more months

yeah go to the link in my sig :D lots of pics

lpsouth1978

I wish I could post a FTS but I am unable to uplade a pic. The system keeps telling me that I have already used up all of the available space for attachments even though I have used NONE.

I changed to only 1 pump in the back and it's an MJ900 pump (not the powerhead). I'm having much better luck not even worrying about those as flow, that pump just circulates water for my media and skimmer.

Here's my FTS just for fun, but I'm not banner worthy yet:

IMG_0136.JPG

I wish I could post a FTS but I am unable to uplade a pic. The system keeps telling me that I have already used up all of the available space for attachments even though I have used NONE.

got a photo bucket account

I changed to only 1 pump in the back and it's an MJ900 pump (not the powerhead). I'm having much better luck not even worrying about those as flow, that pump just circulates water for my media and skimmer.

Here's my FTS just for fun, but I'm not banner worthy yet:

IMG_0136.JPG

nice chalice

Jek-41, once you setup a photo bucket account and download your photos to it, it will give you different options for each photo. The one I use is the "IMG code". You just click on it and it creates a copy of the URL or link to the picture. You then just paste that into your reply on nano-reef.

You have to do the above.... set up the photo bucket account, upload your photos, right click copy IMG address/code then paste into you post

Picked up a 28g HQI yesterday and set it up last night. Now I'm just waiting for the sand storm to die down and dialing in a way to control the heat. I have had the LR cooking for over a year now so I don't see there being much if any kind of cycle. Planning on mostly SPS, zoas and acans. I have a mated pair of black clowns and a yellow watchman goby to go in it when its ready.

Forgot to mention that I have a new media basket on the way from Brad.

I love the rics and the sexies

Hey for all you people who have the nano cube LED system how long do you put your daylights on for, so they don't bleach your corals, I only have softies

I'm using an evil par38 20k over my nc12. I run it for 8 hours a day

So I want to update the lighting to LED on my tank but do it on a budget. I plan on keeping softies and LPS corals in my tank. Would one PAR38 over a nanocube 24 be enough light? 80* optics?

Archived