SaltCritters.com

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

go with a 900 and put a hydor-flo to replace the duckbill return =)

check out my tank in my sig (use to be a 12g until i upgraded)

DSC_0132.jpg

Ok i ordered the hydor flo from ebay as well as the maxi-jet 900. Now how to do remove the duckbill return and how to get I keep the hydor flo in place???

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
There are JBJ's out there right? :unsure:

I have the stock duck-billed powerhead that came with my tank. Is this powerhead okay to continue with but I am trying to find the right position for it. I was going to put it straight, so that the current bounces off the glass and slows it down for my frogspawn I will be moving towards the semi top part of my tank.

Is there any other suggestions? Or I was also considering on just getting a new powerhead.

Ok I did buy the maxi-jet 900 and the hydor flo. They are on, what I did notice this morning is that the tank was bubbling like crazy this morning, I looked in the back and the 3rd compartment was half full but not normally low enough to make bubbles. The first compartment the water level was higher than it would of been with the pump, can anyone explain to me why this is doing this or if it is normal within the first few days?

Ok I did buy the maxi-jet 900 and the hydor flo. They are on, what I did notice this morning is that the tank was bubbling like crazy this morning, I looked in the back and the 3rd compartment was half full but not normally low enough to make bubbles. The first compartment the water level was higher than it would of been with the pump, can anyone explain to me why this is doing this or if it is normal within the first few days?

is the surface skimmer on? you sure you have enough water in the back chambers?

if you look at my video:

it'll point where the water level should be (just above the divider between 2nd and 3rd chamber)

is the surface skimmer on? you sure you have enough water in the back chambers?

if you look at my video:

it'll point where the water level should be (just above the divider between 2nd and 3rd chamber)

I never filled it that much with water. Now I bought the in tank media, and it doesn't fit, is there a solution that I can done what do i do with the in tank media

• 4 weeks later...

mine does OK... it's nothing special and needs adjusting all the time.... but its does pull some sludge out of my water

edit... it is not quiet! the pump sounds like a freaking rusty tractor. I am sure you could upgrade it to a quieter pump... i just haven't done that yet

hahaha yea...

finally got my MP10 and just installed the Tunze ATO.

You're using the one with the airstone? Did you see the one I posted?

I am ordering my mp10 today omgomgomg . I got MD to match big al's 10% off and got Marine depot gift cards for my Birthday. i cant wait.

Yeah... the one with the airstone =(

i will look for yours and check it out

I got mine through big al's...

I haven't order it, don't think I will, yet.

I have my nitrates under control, and I change out my filter pad every other day... kind of annoying, but don't know if a skimmer would make that much of a difference.

I got mine through big al's...

I haven't order it, don't think I will, yet.

I have my nitrates under control, and I change out my filter pad every other day... kind of annoying, but don't know if a skimmer would make that much of a difference.

I have ran the skimmer since my cycle was over and when i test for Nitrates its has always been at 0. I do have some macros so they might be eating it up.. i also have to change my filter pad everyday ...or every other day. i cant stand it when it flows over the back of the basket

surgicalsense
Has anyone had much success with the standard JBJ model?

I also don't want anything noisy.

My tank is thriving very well, all stock.

surgicalsense
surgicalsense

When you say all stock do you mean no skimmer or you are using the JBJ stock skimmer?

When I say stock, I mean everything that is the original parts and media that come with it. I have the protein skimmer. If you look closely at my signature picture (click on it) you can see it the top right back wall of the tank.

Archived