Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

Free food! :P

If I had filter feeders in there, perhaps. Like someone poured milk into the water and gave it a little stir. I added a significant amount of carbon and a few small waterchanges when I wake up between short sleeps.

my newest accquisition.

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8242.jpg

Gorgeous nem... where did she go? Into the back! :/ He or she....

Edit: they are like pringles. when you pop you can't start.

Edited by Sunstar

Thanks guys. There are many nice ones in here as well.

here is another one of mine, similar but less bright than other.

don't mind the glaze in the picture.

mx2.jpg

Edited by NVTE
Leave it to Nvite to have a wicked ass maxi. B)

Maybe we can trade?

P4150015.jpg

love it too! looks like a banana cream pie or something haha

What kind of lights is everyone keeping their minis under? I bought a mini-mini from an online vendor that was green & pink-purple in the photos. In my tank under LED (1 cool white/4 royal blue) it's a nice mint green but w. brown, not pink or purple.

I'm thinking maybe the spectra of my lights don't bring out the color. Does anyone have colorful minis under LEDs?

Seamonkey84

I also have LEDs, a Boost LED PAR30 2/3 cw/rb combo and it brings put plenty of color. I also ordered the 1/4 combo to mix the colors when I move them from a 2.5 gallon to a 5.5, and also waiting for them to get the new bulb with neutral white to bring out warmer colors.

• 2 weeks later...

So I toyed around with the idea of getting a maxi for the longest time, and finally bit the bullet this past weekend at a swap. Now, I have two more coming this week and plans to re-do my 29 for them.

I'll have a mated pair of b&w clowns in there, and that's it. I would love to have nems all over, like a ric garden...only....you know...with nems....

Do-able? All over the rocks?

Seamonkey84

Totally doable, they will move till they find a spot they like, sometimes just digging into the sandbed. would avoid any expensive fish though as they are super sticky. I have maxi nem species tank, with sexy shrimp and a pom pom crab.