Pod Your Reef

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

Bongo Shrimp

Yeah, it happens. Once My nitrates are all gone I'm getting another. He was one of my favorite tings in my tank. I always wanted a real red carpet but they get too big. The mini minis are my fix.

:( I just bought 4 more. I need help.

312201120La.jpg

I can help. Just send me the orange one. Then you'll have three rather than four. B)

If Bongo gets the orange one I want the purple green one to the left. :D

Nice maxi minis!!

Edited by neuwave
Seamonkey84
:( I just bought 4 more. I need help.

312201120La.jpg

I know what you mean. Interestingly enough, I just placed an order for four more yesterday. In fact, would look like a matching set to yours here. They would make my collection up to 7, and filling out my pico with this batch. I may need to go up to a 5.5 gallon here...

HAHAHAHHAHA...it was one of YOURS that did it...so they had obviously coordinated the event before being shipped to me lol.

I noticed something else too...they are hermaphrodites because the one that sent sperm all over my tank - 3 days later sent eggs out (justs like the ones in your pictures)

Sweet. Ditto what Morgan said. You may get a color change in the pale one as it adjusts to better lighting. I picked up one that was very pale lemon yellow that now, 2 weeks later, is almost solid orange!

I figured as much but.... There is a nice pink colour coming in now from the center and the green is getting a bit darker on the edges, there is no pure white spots :)

I have a question for all of you experts. How can you tell between maxi mini and mini mini? Other than size? What if it is a small maxi and not a mini mini?

Edited by AustinV90
I figured as much but.... There is a nice pink colour coming in now from the center and the green is getting a bit darker on the edges, there is no pure white spots :)

I have a question for all of you experts. How can you tell between maxi mini and mini mini? Other than size? What if it is a small maxi and not a mini mini?

Scroll back through this thread...somewhere (perhaps around page 18 or so - but not sure) there's a great description of the "types" that Morgan wrote.

I'm not sure why you think you're is a mini mini...I'm pretty positive it's a maxi :D

Scroll back through this thread...somewhere (perhaps around page 18 or so - but not sure) there's a great description of the "types" that Morgan wrote.

I'm not sure why you think you're is a mini mini...I'm pretty positive it's a maxi :D

I dont think they are, I know for a fact that they are maxi's

Reef Goddess
:rolleyes: Lastly, the mini anemones which are also very tough, have pretty much the same color variations of pink/green/cream, and reach a max size of 1.5 - 2".

Just wanted to document this. My friend bought 2 maxi minis today, took them home, and found thousands of eggs and a cloud of sperm in his tank produced by his maxi minis. I am very jealous, but I will get some babies if he is successful in finding any offspring.

ohai.its.steven.

do these anemones move around a lot like bubble tip anemones? and are they difficult to keep? because liveaquaria.com listed their care level as difficult.

Such an interesting anemone. Was just reading through this thread, and now I really want one for my 5 gallon tank :) I saw some posts about the anemone eating snails. I have always wanted to get some pom pom crabs for my tank if I can ever find them. Do you guys think the crab would be safe from being eaten?

My mini-maxi nem's havent moved more then 2 inchs from where i put them.. but i also put them in prime realestate.. where the sand/rock meet and where the flow is medium to low...

But, to add.. my RBTA has not moved from the spot i put him in either.... so maybe its just my tank, or my luck...

Thanks, the stupid part is the one with the most boring colors inflated to twice the size of all the others.

Yep, my pink maxi expanded to about 5 inches after being in my tank for about 2 weeks... Its literally twice the size of the other ones and always trys to 'carpet' over them.......

Although pink isnt that bad so im not complaining.

I really want to buy a bunch of maxi-mini's and mini mini's but I can never find them for sale locally, and the few places I find them online want way way to much. ;/