Cultivated Reef

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

Seamonkey84

Is that a porcelain crab? I didn't think that maxi nems hosted them. If so I'll prob end up getting one of them if they won't bother my sexy shrimp or pom pom crabs. I'll have to post an updated shot of my collection since I added more.

brandolando4

Hey im going to buy some recently cut mini maxi nems from mr.coral, that are still healing. How long do they take to heal and is it a bad idea to buy recently cut nems and hve them shipped??

Is that a porcelain crab? I didn't think that maxi nems hosted them. If so I'll prob end up getting one of them if they won't bother my sexy shrimp or pom pom crabs. I'll have to post an updated shot of my collection since I added more.

Yup it's a porcelain crab and she never leaves her nem :D

So can someone PM me some affordable places to get some average mini's and maxi's. Or any of the private sellers here who offer good prices? I'm not expecting the canadian 5 buck deals, but I don't order livesock online really because I hate not being able to look at it first, but with these it seems I have no choice and all the places I know sell them like they are some endangered species. insane prices!

I really would love to turn my girls 3G picotope into a maximiniminimaximinimiminiminimimmaiximaixnim garden. :D

Hey im going to buy some recently cut mini maxi nems from mr.coral, that are still healing. How long do they take to heal and is it a bad idea to buy recently cut nems and hve them shipped??

Personally...unless you're getting them for really cheep ($10 and under) I wouldn't. It's a stress on the animal being cut in half and they can be open to infection (although they handle it really well) Morgan lets hers heal for a long time before she'll sell/ship them (from what I've experienced) and by then they handle the shipping well. If they were just cut - I'd shop elsewhere :D

So how do these mini-minis and maxi-minis usually attach?

I have a mini-mini who stuck her derrière- I mean, her foot, into a hole in a recessed area of my small LR where she's difficult to see. My discosoma mushrooms, on the other hand, attach their feet to a rocklet or frag but not shoved into a hole, or maybe they would if they could find the right-sized hole.

I'd like to get more and have them on my main rock, but it's ceramic and doesn't have holes like the LR.

I'm sooooooooo admiring your all's nems, and wishing I had a dedicated nem tank.

They love to stick their feet in holes, but can attach to any solid surface. Even glass.

Yup...I have ones so sucked into holes I wonder how they survive and a couple that decided that the glass bottom of my BB tank was "the" place to be :)

Finally becoming one of the cool kids lol. I've got my first maxi mini arriving on Wednesday. I'm so excited!

file_418_14.jpg

Edited by awpong
Finally becoming one of the cool kids lol. I've got my first maxi mini arriving on Wednesday. I'm so excited!

Starting off with a very pretty one :D

Reef Goddess

Maxis love to bury themsleves in a hole, but they usually will come out more as they get established in the tank. I try as much as possible to keep my maxis from moving into my main rock work. Any anemones that make it my rock work I refer to as "hammer and chisel" anemones, because that's the only way they're coming out. :D

Orange themed eye candy

P3310002.jpg

P3310004.jpg

P4010023.jpg

They love to stick their feet in holes, but can attach to any solid surface. Even glass.

Agreed. Mine has stuck himself on the back of my tank, and opened up onto the sand... Looking good though!

Found a lovely-looking nem for $12.50; unfortunately the vendor is in L.A. and I'm in New York :angry:

Edited by PinkDamsel
I think he means affordable. I got one from de martini herself for like $20 and most people on this site will sell them for like 25-35 shipped. Example: The guy who posted right after him.

What I'm looking at:

http://cultivatedreef.com/purple-martini-m...etum-p-182.html

Yes, those ones are too high imo, but the normal mini-minis, regular maxis and WYSIWYG maxis are reasonably priced.

http://cultivatedreef.com/inverts-c-16.html

Ive tried contacting demartini for her martini nems since like june with no reply.

Edited by Neya
Reef Goddess

Don't worry dear, I'm going to send the list out to my special buyers later tonight. I'm off to visit my brand new niece now, so chat with you later! :D