Pod Your Reef

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

wow really nice stuff in here... is an established tank required/recommended for these?

I wouldn't say it's REQUIRED necessarily, as they're pretty durable, but it would definitely lessen the chance of losing one.

• 3 months later...
I really want to get some of these but I am afraid that my little mandarin is gonna land on one and get munched

I have a mandarin in my tank, he knows to steer clear :) It's part of their biology! (I'd imagine it is anyhow)

I think you would be safe. I would get one small maxi and see how it goes. As long as you don't cover your whole tank in maxis I'm sure your mandarin would be fine. Most small fish instinctively know to stay away from maxis. I've even had clown fish in with mine and they don't ever try to sleep in my maxis or rock anemones.

I think you would be safe. I would get one small maxi and see how it goes. As long as you don't cover your whole tank in maxis I'm sure your mandarin would be fine. Most small fish instinctively know to stay away from maxis. I've even had clown fish in with mine and they don't ever try to sleep in my maxis or rock anemones.

I was planning on adding 3-4 of them but keeping them on there own little maxi mini "island" since they tend not to wander around the tank like other anemones do

I will also be getting one of these cool new color morphs of the bubble tip anemones so that my Wymoning White clowns have a place to host "That is once I can find a pair of those elusive little buggers"

Hopefully C-Quest gets back on top of there game and starts sending them out again

• 4 weeks later...
This is brilliant I want to know when you slap chop him

:D I thought about it but haven't attempted it on any of mine and since I've been after this particular colour for some time I didn't have the heart to chop chop.

Builder Anthony

that free one you sent me reefgardner has colored up pretty nice

its on page 14 in my tank thread,ive never had a problem and its fun to feed.these things do stick to things that touch them all crazy.its a funny feeling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Reef Goddess

Looking good! Hopefully it has grown some. I'm too lazy too feed mine, but they do love frozen mysis when I do feed them.

Builder A: I'm glad your freebie is doing well, they are the easiest anemones to keep by far. Maxis and rock anemones are my favorite.

Obligatory eye candy.

P3140025.jpg

blueviolet.jpg

sunshine.jpg

frozensparkle.jpg

bananamaze.jpg

P3050025.jpg

P3050022.jpg

chernobylwinter.jpg

I got two new anemones!! I LOVE them!

IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_6742.jpg

my god i never knew those exised and i think they're most beautiful thing in the sea i've seen yet! Maxi mini tank here i come:D

do they throw true clones, or can clones be different colors then parent?

Dnanoreefer

Those maxis are amazing godess! Here is my start of a maxi garden in my jbj 3 gallon.

The guy in the left is a little pissed yet.. Just put it in before the pic.

b7b83f22.jpg

Clones are always the same color as the parent.

thanks. I was hoping i could get one, chop it up, and end up with all the different colored ones i've seen. Guess not, boo! :)

thanks. I was hoping i could get one, chop it up, and end up with all the different colored ones i've seen. Guess not, boo! :)

But they can reproduce different colors. I have a baby that's so tiny it's about the same size as a zoa - it's yellow, highlighter green and orange and I don't have a "parent" that color.

001a-1.jpg

003a.jpg

But they can reproduce different colors. I have a baby that's so tiny it's about the same size as a zoa - it's yellow, highlighter green and orange and I don't have a "parent" that color.

001a-1.jpg

003a.jpg

interesting..any more experiences on this nem owners? Clones always true or have you seen clones morph?

Edited by ecogirl22