Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Stick to the cool acans

I agree... don't get a nem.

They're nice, but it becomes quite troublesome as you very well know when a RBTA ends up traipsing over your prized zoos/acans only to sting the crap out of everything when it expands.

OK OK. I wont get the RBTA! :( Haha.

If I had more time I would definitely consider RBTA tank or a seahorse tank. Sigh.

I may need a prop tank soon tho. Hate having frags in my display.

+1 Hate frags in display, Im planning on adding a frag tank to my systems as well, hope yours will work out. Im planning on doing some LED lighting on mine to reduce the amount of heat in the cabinet. Just waiting for the lights to show up now.

+1 Hate frags in display, Im planning on adding a frag tank to my systems as well, hope yours will work out. Im planning on doing some LED lighting on mine to reduce the amount of heat in the cabinet. Just waiting for the lights to show up now.

That sounds promising. Yeah, I'd definitely hook it up to my existing system as well. I guess time for some planning.

Yeah I hate frags in your display too. Send them my way sir. I will take care of that for you. :happy:

:lol:

your tank is still an inspiration!

hey i had a few questions

what type of flow and light are you dendros and acans seeming to like the most?

cheers

Low to moderate flow and lighting seems ideal imo. Though I think they can handle a wide variety of flow rates (mine get hammered by my mp40 vortech) and lighting conditions.

I feed my dendros a lot though. That keeps them happy.

Hey man, updates?

Also, compared to your previous aquariums (specifically your 67 gallon) how dooes the vortech work v. your closed look systems (4-way OM). I mean performance-wise, I'm not asking you about how it works in the mechanical sense.

Edited by pineo
Hey man, updates?

Also, compared to your previous aquariums (specifically your 67 gallon) how dooes the vortech work v. your closed look systems (4-way OM). I mean performance-wise, I'm not asking you about how it works in the mechanical sense.

You're right. Haven't updated in awhile. Been busy with some other stuff and my tank looks like a mess lately with tons of frags. I'll post photos in a minute.

But to answer your question, I think the vortech is far superior to having a closed loop with a 4-way (like I had it on my 67g). Better wave action, less noise (wayy less noise), no plumbing to deal with (and thus no possibility of leaks), and definitely more energy efficient.

I dug up an old photo of my 67g plumbing with the OM Squirt on a closed loop. Why deal with all this mess??

9221om6.jpg

Anyway, as I stated, my tank has been looking like a real mess with frags all over the place. I hate it! I really need a frag tank! Here's a photo of the mess...

Tank225.jpg

Also got a new coral on Saturday - just your basic candy cane, but it's a nice addition to the tank. This tank is really starting to look like my old 30g now...

Tank220.jpg

Still getting some nice coralline growth on my rocks, mp40. I get em on the walls too, but I don't like coralline on the walls, so I scrape daily.

Tank221.jpg

This favia makes me REAL nervous with all its sweeper tentacles out all the time. :scarry:

Tank222.jpg

These guys are still good. They don't move at all anymore.

Tank223.jpg

Beginning of a nice little zoa garden.

Tank224.jpg

And I'll be getting some new additions this week. Stay tuned! :)

Also got a new coral on Saturday - just your basic candy cane, but it's a nice addition to the tank. This tank is really starting to look like my old 30g now...

Tank220.jpg

Shoot...I have a Caulastrea frag that is almost identical to this...could have been yours for dirt cheap if you stopped by today.

To impress your friends and complete strangers? B)

I guess that's worth something. :)

Shoot...I have a Caulastrea frag that is almost identical to this...could have been yours for dirt cheap if you stopped by today.

Too bad. I paid full price. -_-

I just need a neon green one now.

I love your scape and how nicely the whole tank is coming. I'm an especially big fan of your Zoa garden. The eagle eyes really stand out, and I :wub: the pink ones in front. What are they called?