ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

I visited 5 LFSs out in the OC today. Picked up a lot of misc. dry goods, including this:

Tank196.jpg

Which allows me to do this:

Tank194.jpg

Whut whut!

Also picked up a new favia (it's right next to the green favia).

Tank195.jpg

I visited 5 LFSs out in the OC today. Picked up a lot of misc. dry goods, including this:

Tank196.jpg

I know that Vivid has those boxes and can have them custom made (from their fabricator) for customers. Quite a nice photo-tool. I'm not really sure why I haven't gotten one yet.

Nice!!!

Pics, Vid, New Purchase, all of it!!

FWIW, I have the Canon Powershot A720 IS and I usually use the following settings: Manual, ISO 200 or 400, "underwater" setting (fish icon), "my colors" off, no flash, evaluative, fine, and L.

Hope the above helps a little.

I haven't done Custom White Balance yet, need to try it sometime.

I find that the Underwater setting really helps with getting normal coloration in pics under T5 lighting, which can be difficult.

Mebbe I should also try the "Vivid" setting for colors since it's working so well for Tigah.

Tigah, do the colors in your pics look pretty true to life?

Nice!!!

Pics, Vid, New Purchase, all of it!!

FWIW, I have the Canon Powershot A720 IS and I usually use the following settings: Manual, ISO 200 or 400, "underwater" setting (fish icon), "my colors" off, no flash, evaluative, fine, and L.

Hope the above helps a little.

I haven't done Custom White Balance yet, need to try it sometime.

I find that the Underwater setting really helps with getting normal coloration in pics under T5 lighting, which can be difficult.

Mebbe I should also try the "Vivid" setting for colors since it's working so well for Tigah.

Tigah, do the colors in your pics look pretty true to life?

The colors are pretty accurate. I say the only slight difference is my photos are a little LESS blue than what they look like in person.

But honestly, I believe the custom white balance is one of the most important settings in capturing good photos under our various aquarium lights. I try using different white reference points in the tank until I am satisfied, then I never mess with it again (tho I messed with it for my trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium and now I haven't quite found the perfect setting yet).

You'll be amazed at how much more the colors will pop (but not unrealistically so) under the right custom white balance setting.

IMHO, white balance and a tripod (for stabilization) are the 2 most important factors in getting great tank shots and they are both often under-utilized by reefers. Just my 2 cents. :)

Your shrimp loves to stay in the same spot.

Creature of habit.

this tank is simply amazing

Thanks!

An acan garden, a zoa garden.... when's the SPS garden coming? :P

I actually was on my way to a reefer's house to pick up my first SPS - a nicely shaped red monti cap colony... but he said he couldn't take it off the rock without it breaking into pieces. I said I didn't want pieces, and went to In-N-Out instead (he later tried to take it off anyway and it broke in half). -_-

Militant Jurist
Thank you! I'm getting one more acan this week. :)

I've been eyeing a new acan as well.... photos of your new acan might be enough to push me over the edge!