ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Great looking tank, love the colors

I also took a hiatus from reefing for the last couple years, just picked up a NanoCube DX and stand to get something going again

Loving the tank Tigah!

Do the maxi minis move much? I maybe interested in grabbing a couple.

-Dave

A couple have moved around a bit. Not very far, but within a few inches from their starting point.

Great looking tank, love the colors

I also took a hiatus from reefing for the last couple years, just picked up a NanoCube DX and stand to get something going again

Thanks! Welcome back.

I tried to capture all 6 nems, but as you can see, the green with pink and purple rim nem has moved to the center almost completely covering the sour apple green one. The red one has moved to the back as well (shown towards the left hidden by a rock).

Tank155.jpg

A macro of the green with pink/purple.

Tank156.jpg

A macro of the green with pink/purple.

Tank156.jpg

Jesus Christ man. Are you taking these pictures with that little camera of yours? :o The shots are insane. Are you using a special lens?

No special lens.

Man that camera takes some cool shots man. Awesome. Then again you have taken some nice shots with that other camera you had. Remember that Nikon? Years ago, lol. You can probably take some insane shots with a Polaroid camera. :P

I'm digging your Vanuatu rock. I was planning on buying some from Vivid as well.

Yeah, the shapes of Vanuatu make it easier to create cool scapes. The rocks from Vivid don't have that much color (as you can see from my earlier pics), but they will color up eventually under the right conditions.

Man that camera takes some cool shots man. Awesome. Then again you have taken some nice shots with that other camera you had. Remember that Nikon? Years ago, lol. You can probably take some insane shots with a Polaroid camera. :P

Old school. :)

I have a few LPS (warcorals,POG Favia, fungia, hollywoodstunner to name a few)that need a good home are you going to farmers market.......trade or free your choice

Beautiful tank! I can't believe the colors on those nems, what species are they? I've never seen any like that before.

I'm totally digging the simple clean look. If a vortech were in my budget range.... well i'd have 3 less powerheads to mess with....

thanks for sharing! And welcome back!

Thanks, Chyendra!

Well, the most commonly cited species name is Stichodactyla tapetum. Though some say it's a different larger variant of S. tapetum.

People call them mini carpet anemones or maxi minis (to indicate that they are the larger variant).

Edited by Tigahboy
Looks good - haven't seen you on here in 5 or so years o.O

I'm glad you went with acrylic and with the sandbed!

Indeed. Just got back in! Good to hear from you Mike.

I love my sandbed. :)

richey i need to go to my LFS cause every time without fail on the way home, we hit the bell 8) crunchwrap supreme, cheesy gordita crunch and a volcano burrito

You need to change your thread title.Trying to get back in.LMAO You are defiantely in with that tank. Just wondered do you sit and look at your tank and say DAMN that looks good? :D

Brad

You need to change your thread title.Trying to get back in.LMAO You are defiantely in with that tank. Just wondered do you sit and look at your tank and say DAMN that looks good? :D

Brad

I've pretty much stopped watching television since I got my tank (and I used to watch a lot of television). :)

hey tigah, did you ever post pictures of your sump or did i just miss it ???

Try page 3 and 9 of this thread.

How much sand is in your tank? What kind is it?

Thanks

About 20lb or so of Fiji Pink aragonite (0.5-1.5mm). My favorite.

WOW great pics!

Thanks!