Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

each?

I went to IMAC and they had 2 green and pink ones (labeled as "rainbow"). I asked how much (even though I already have a green and pink) and the guy said $200 for both. I thought that was way too expensive for that color morph.

But if really nice pink/red yumas can go for $100-150 each, I figure really nice maxi minis could be in the same ball park. But again, I haven't seen these types of color morphs at any LFS or online vendor, so I don't know what the prices should be. And I am by no means saying I spent that much for each of my nems. I'm a bargain hunter!

There is a smaller variant of these mini carpet anemones that split a lot more, and those typically go for a lot cheaper. Like $20. But they are not as brightly colored.

OK. No more price talk, k? Thank you. :)

Edited by Tigahboy
But if really nice pink/red yumas can go for $100-150 each, I figure really nice maxi minis could be in the same ball park.

or more. you can find yumas anywhere.

are the anemones taking the hikari?

I'm starting to get red turf algae. Not sure which species. I don't have much yet, but I want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand. I hate macro algae!

I'm going to buy some Mexican Turbo Snails to see if they can battle with this stuff. If you guys know of any alternative critters, lmk.

Tank130.jpg

The larger clown is starting to hang around the frogspawn now. Not directly in it though. If my clowns host bond with the frogspawn, my life will be complete.

Crossing my fingers.

Tank132.jpg

I'm starting to get red turf algae. Not sure which species.

Gelidiopsis sp. Sprung (Algae: A problem Solver Guide) states that it is palettable by some herbivores like Diadema Urchins and Surgeonfishes.

Unfortunately, I have some in my tank that I've allowed to grow. The bad news is that it will cover the live rock in a dense mat, the good news is that it has yet to encroach my corals.

I would consider removing the rock and scrubbing it with a wire brush. I do not have that option. :(

-Scott

Edited by rroselavy
Here are my turbo snails.

Wow. They chomped on the Gelidiopsis. Go figure. They're honking big, but I think I'm going have to get me some...

lovely. What are your plans/dreams for the coral in this tank or are you just grabbing whatever looks nice?

Gonna add any more of your famous acans?

Wow. They chomped on the Gelidiopsis. Go figure. They're honking big, but I think I'm going have to get me some...

We'll see how it goes over the next few days. So far, they just seem to trim it down, but not take out the entire base.

That FTS is amazing.. This thing is coming along great.

Thanks!

lovely. What are your plans/dreams for the coral in this tank or are you just grabbing whatever looks nice?

Gonna add any more of your famous acans?

I'm definitely going with a mixed reef with a diverse assortment of colors. For now I'm reserving the top of the LR for SPS and the bottom for nice LPS (including acan), zoas, and nems. Down the road, I'd also like clams.

I'm definitely starting from scratch on this one, so it's going to take me awhile to build up my collection.

Turbo's still working on the turf?

Those snails are too large for my tank so I had to replace some LR that turf fully engulfed.

It was a last ditch effort.

It seems like my turbos are doing a good job of keeping it under control (i.e. trimming it down), but they don't seem to eat all of it. I dunno, I may have to scrub the rocks too.