Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

3 minutes ago, Cesar said:

All is well man. I will be following this thread to see your project. Awesome

👍  It may be very very slow tho. LOL.  I just can't get my act together and pull the trigger on a tank. 

I've been keeping myself busy with my volcano pico tho for the N-R contest: 

Right now, the 2 top contenders for new set-up are:

1. Waterbox Frag 45.2 (main display is 27g, sump is 17g);

2. UNS 60U (20g) + eshopps overflow 

I'm only leaning towards 1 b/c it's on sale right now (10%) and I feel like it's the faster path to get something wet.  But I really wanted a clear back, so it's a hard decision for me.

• 3 weeks later...

OK.  Ended up going a completely different direction.  LOL. 

Got the Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion Pro 20g Peninsula (10% off right now due to Memorial Day sale).   They are local to me, so I can go pick it up tomorrow. 

1230769531_NUVOFusionPro.JPG.80e104de948d7f79ef2cef2078c6318c.JPG

Just felt like it would take forever for me to decide on the details for a more custom build, so I just went with the path that would get me to a wet tank the fastest (and it still looks nice).  My son has been asking about nemo fish for 6 months now, so I feel like I have to deliver at this point as well.  Haha.

And got this West Elm cabinet/buffet (20% off right now) that I HOPE will be able to support it.

1389839198_WECabinet.JPG.f4da5689daac3c4bd6ec844a8b5ebbcd.JPG

I picked up the "stand" last night.  It's all wood, very sturdy (sturdier than any standard tank stand that I've had in the past), has storage drawers for fish supplies, and a decent size space for an ATO.  It fits well with the rest of my home as well, so that's a real plus.   Let's hope it can support the 20g tank.  fingerscrossed

The box that it came in makes a great box fort/house as well.

IMG_20190523_083909_434.thumb.jpg.df2305057039707c7a21cbb84ee6a807.jpg

Will create a separate thread soon once I get the tank and make a little more progress.  

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
Just now, 748S911 said:

It comes with that return pump?

Yup!  The new version upgraded the pump to that one.  It has solid reviews so hopefully it works out.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Ayyyy congrats on the big reef! Following along for sure!!

Thanks!  Will be nice to finally have a home for the LR that's been waiting patiently in a bin of SW all this time.

• Like 3
Christopher Marks

I'm familiar with that piece of West Elm furniture, what an epic tank stand! An IM 20 peninsula will be a perfect pair. This is going to be a gorgeous system, which is no surprise coming from you! 👏

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I'm familiar with that piece of West Elm furniture, what an epic tank stand! An IM 20 peninsula will be a perfect pair. This is going to be a gorgeous system, which is no surprise coming from you! 👏

We have a piece of furniture from the same series in our entry way.  🙂

IMG_20190523_180734_059.thumb.jpg.592c5933de58d3acb586ac42e9ff56bb.jpg

Also funny that I came back to this site because I was researching the IM 20 Peninsula and then I took a crazy long detour, ordering, then cancelling, a custom tank and stand, setting up a pico or 2 along the way, and then ending back with the IM 20 Peninsula.  Lol. This is apparently a newer model tho with nicer pump, so maybe it's better that I took this circuitous route.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ef4life said:

I like that stand a lot, I can’t wait to see what kind of magic you work in this 20g

It's pretty cool as a stand assuming it can hold the weight.  LOL.

It has a large compartment to the right that can fit a decent sized ATO (again, hoping it can support the weight) and having all the drawers on the left is awesome to store supplies.  Will be picking up the tank tomorrow on my lunch break.  🙂

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Tempestas said:

This is awesome. Given the quality of your tanks, I cannot wait to see how this one turns out.

Loving the fort as well!

:)  I've never seen one of these tanks in person, so hopefully I'll like it (I'm way too picky sometimes) and hopefully can do something cool with it.  

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

It's pretty cool as a stand assuming it can hold the weight.  LOL.

It has a large compartment to the right that can fit a decent sized ATO (again, hoping it can support the weight) and having all the drawers on the left is awesome to store supplies.  Will be picking up the tank tomorrow on my lunch break.  🙂

If it’s actually wood I’m sure it can no problem. A 20g won’t be heavier than 200lbs most likely. I’m sure a little internal reinforcement would be too difficult if needed. That’s what I did with my 40b stand, it’s a solid wood dresser that still holds my clothes. Just added some glue and screws. Been holding it for 4 years now.

• Like 3