Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Yup, top is for sps only. I'm also saving the space in front of dendro for some clams. (Basically it will look very similar to my old 30g). Just waiting for my tank to mature a lil before adding those.

Oh. When I said "night shots" I meant it was late at night and I ran downstairs and turned on all the lights on my aquarium to take some photos. :)

Lol, we inspired you, huh? :P

Haha. I needed to do something while I waited for Lalani to crack the code. Not sure if she ever cracked it tho.

I came back on to find like a totally different group of ppl and Lalani had signed off.

Awesome shots, Tigah!

Sorry 'bout that. I don't think I'll be able to figure it out... at least not with the current tools we have. le sigh

I needed my sleep.. I'm from the future, y'know. :P

Looks great. The clown shot is CRAZY son. That shot is gonna win POTM soon as the theme is right. On post 454 the first photo top right corner is that the mouth with the feeder arms sticking out? My Favia has one of those and it does that all the time.Maybe it is starving? LOL

Awesome shots, Tigah!

Sorry 'bout that. I don't think I'll be able to figure it out... at least not with the current tools we have. le sigh

I needed my sleep.. I'm from the future, y'know. :P

Haha. It's cool. Thanks for trying.

Looks great. The clown shot is CRAZY son. That shot is gonna win POTM soon as the theme is right. On post 454 the first photo top right corner is that the mouth with the feeder arms sticking out? My Favia has one of those and it does that all the time.Maybe it is starving? LOL

Thanks! Hmm. Aside from the tube worm (at least I think it's a tube worm) sticking out of the favia, I only see a couple tiny feeder tentacles in that shot.

Here's a better feeder tentacle shot.

Tank149.jpg

My poor favia doesnt get fed as much as the rest b/c it's soooo slow to extend its tentacles for food. And when it does, my nassarius snails steal it from it. Poor guy.

Edited by Tigahboy

Favia is def one of my favorites. I need to get him some favia buddies. He's all alone off to the side. Trying to keep him a good distance away from my acans. But with those sweepers, I'm really hesitant to put anything next to it.

Well, I'm gonna go do some LFS rounds this afternoon. I really really hope they don't have anything good b/c I need to really pace myself with respect to pumping money into this tank. I just made a couple big purchases this past 2 days as well.

I thought I was a recovered addict, but I guess I'm relapsing now. Sigh.

But I do intend to pick up a photo box so I can take some top down photos at last.

Awesome pics Tigah!!

I love the reflection from the T5s in your full tank shots.

Sometimes it resembles a desert sunset and some angles it looks like an ocean view sunrise.

Either way, it's very purdy. :happy:

You have once again assembled one of my favorite tanks on NR Sir.

Awesome pics Tigah!!

I love the reflection from the T5s in your full tank shots.

Sometimes it resembles a desert sunset and some angles it looks like an ocean view sunrise.

Either way, it's very purdy. :happy:

You have once again assembled one of my favorite tanks on NR Sir.

Thank you. :)

love the colors, T!

Thanks!

Still in the middle of my LFS tour. Been able to fight the urge to buy corals, but we'll see. Still have 3 left on my stop.

Is there a particular setting u are looking for? My camera is usually on macro mode, custom white balance, vivid color, usually a low ISO (but sometimes automatic). The rest is default settings.

And I usually also use a tripod to keep the camera absolutely still (that is very important if you want clear macros), but just using other things to prop the camera up for the time being until I can get a new tripod.

Is there a particular setting u are looking for? My camera is usually on macro mode, custom white balance, vivid color, usually a low ISO (but sometimes automatic). The rest is default settings.

What did you shoot as reference for your custom white balance?

And I usually also use a tripod to keep the camera absolutely still (that is very important if you want clear macros), but just using other things to prop the camera up for the time being until I can get a new tripod.

i've got the model canon below yours. i'd love to know your exact settings to see if i can get close to your pictures. my pictures blow.