Coral Vue Hydros

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Long time no see tigah....Glad to see you got back in the hobby awesome tank

Heyyyy! It's definitely been awhile. Good hearing from you. :)

I've been eyeing a new acan as well.... photos of your new acan might be enough to push me over the edge!

Do it!

This tank is truly inspiring.

Great work.

I liked it barebottom.

Very nice of you to say.

But <_< to the bb comment. Hahah. :)

New page, so new photos.

Tank205.jpg

Tank206.jpg

(The color seems different now from when I first got it)

On a down note, my Tubb's blues don't look so hot. Not quite sure what the prob is. Definitely no pests (I dip and inspect like crazy) and all water params are fine.

Tank207.jpg

Great new shots on the Acan and the War Coral....two amazing pieces.

Sorry to hear about the Tubs though...I had the same thing happen to a frag of Tubs and Nucs. Never could figure out what their problem was so I got rid of them. For some reason, LPS and SPS do great in my tank but I can't keep Z's or P's for the life of me. Maybe the tank water is too clean??

-Adam

Hey guys:

Are these Mini Maxi Nems?

minimaxinems.jpg

Up till the other day I thought they were just mushrooms. I don;t have them anymore but they are on my digital pic frame at my desk. I caught a glimpse of them the other day and thought they were nems.

Hey guys:

Are these Mini Maxi Nems?

minimaxinems.jpg

Up till the other day I thought they were just mushrooms. I don;t have them anymore but they are on my digital pic frame at my desk. I caught a glimpse of them the other day and thought they were nems.

Those don't look like maxi minis to me. The skirts look different. But I'm no expert on maxi minis.

your tank is hawt :wub:

:) I think I just got the same acan in your sig banner. Will post in a few.

slow this thread down mang.... your going to make us all look bad. :lol:

I'm probably going to slow down now. My wallet needs a break.

Got a chance to watch your vids. Great stuff.

Is the wave created from the vortex alone?!

One thing I've learned in this thread: 'stopping home on lunch' is essential to a great reef. :D

Edited by its fry
Got a chance to watch your vids. Great stuff.

Is the wave created from the vortex alone?!

One thing I've learned in this thread: 'stopping home on lunch' is essential to a great reef. :D

Yup, one vortech for all that wave action.

I came home today for lunch to acclimate my new additions as well. Eats up my lunch break (especially after doing my 3 part dipping routine), but totally worth it! :)

Newest additions to mi familia!

I hate using the term "rainbow" loosely, but maybe some kind of quasi-rainbow acan lord?

Tank208.jpg

Blues and Mean Greens.

Tank209.jpg

This colony is definitely too big for the space I have for it, so will be cutting what I need and selling/trading the rest, along with a couple other zoa colonies I just got in. :)

And on a positive note, my Tubbs blues look better today! Yay!

nice pick ups. i scored me a minefield cyphastrea today. are you running t5 or halides? or combo?

this is what it looked like under t5. all the acans look better under flourescent lighting for me.

rainbowupdate.jpg

nice pick ups. i scored me a minefield cyphastrea today. are you running t5 or halides? or combo?

this is what it looked like under t5. all the acans look better under flourescent lighting for me.

rainbowupdate.jpg

Yours looks better than mine. Mine are under T5s.

I got more eagle eyes cuz I thought these looked nicer than the ones I already have.

Tank211.jpg

Tank210.jpg

oomph, I definitely need to move back to california soon. I've waited five years for our lfs's to improve but they keep getting worse. :(

I was just in long beach this past weekend, I should have checked out some shops.

oomph, I definitely need to move back to california soon. I've waited five years for our lfs's to improve but they keep getting worse. :(

I was just in long beach this past weekend, I should have checked out some shops.

But you guys have like sugar gliders, ferrets and spider monkeys in your pet shops. I saw a brochure while I was outlet shopping in vegas.

hehehe that was a nice score there!!!! i like reds if you have the chance again grab some for me too lol:) hey tigah i have a new acan ill name it tigah acan youll know why after ill post it:) if thats ok with you?

Edited by jimpaul2005

lol, the most exotic pet I've seen are chinchillas. there's one shop near my place with the animals you mentioned, but they're only open during the christmas season.

reef > rodent ;)

I went to PTF (local LFS) for lunch break and saw really tiny and cool looking rbtas (maybe size of dollar coin). I want one now. -_-

I've been wanting one for a while too, but have been put off by the price and the idea of them roaming around and stinging corals.

I'll get one eventually...