Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

those zoas looking sweets tigah! you can find all your zoas name on zoaid.com

By any chance if you frag 1-2 head of your dendro. let me know i wanna take that off your hands and would be a nice addiction to my tank as well. :) thanks!!

By any chance if you frag 1-2 head of your dendro. let me know i wanna take that off your hands and would be a nice addiction to my tank as well. :) thanks!!

I like how you often used the word "addiction" in lieu of "addition". Is that intentional? Freudian slip?

Militant Jurist
LOL. Well, the word "addiction" works just fine in this hobby.

Indeed it does! I wonder when they are going to add "reef counseling" to the addiction CLE? :P

Hi Tigah!

I don't care what you say, I think the tank is looking good. :)

Those Nems are Super Sexay. Sexy.gif

I can't do it now, but I may be able to work out a trade with you for Neon Green Candycanes a couple of months down the road.

Hi Tigah!

I don't care what you say, I think the tank is looking good. :)

Those Nems are Super Sexay. Sexy.gif

I can't do it now, but I may be able to work out a trade with you for Neon Green Candycanes a couple of months down the road.

Thanks!

Yeah, those nems seem to steal the show. Whenever ppl come over they always ask about the nems and ignore the rest of my stuff.

NanoReefNovice
<whistles!>

seexy!

Wow! ^somebody is venturing outside the lounge today. :lol:

As always, tank is lookin dope Tigah... frags everywhere are only showing how much potential this tank has. :)

I switched over to pellet food a little while back for my dendros (and some of my other coral). A lot less mess or excess after feeding. Just drop the pellets directly into the tentacles.

Tank226.jpg

I still feed mysis and other meaty foods a few times a week. Here are the dendros a couple hours after feeding a round of pellets (A LOT of pellets).

Tank227.jpg

Tank228.jpg

I really like the colony of zoas that have blue and green polyps. Ok. I like a lot more than just that, but I think other people have commented on the awesomeness of just about everything else.

Tigah finally stumbled across your thread. Glad to see you're back in the hobby. The tank is looking great, what's the care level of those mini carpet anemones? I'm really interested in having a few in my tank but do they move around a lot and sting other corals?

sooo...sitting here trying to finish my case briefs for torts tomorrow, and I can't really make any progress because I keep going on nano-reef or work on designing my new tank, then it occurred to me that you also did the whole law school thing whilst trying to balance the hobby. It is a test of concentration to say the least.

Tigah finally stumbled across your thread. Glad to see you're back in the hobby. The tank is looking great, what's the care level of those mini carpet anemones? I'm really interested in having a few in my tank but do they move around a lot and sting other corals?

Thanks, man. They are pretty easy to keep. I just feed them meaty foods like the rest of my coral. For the most part, they haven't moved much. One of them actually moved a great deal and I moved that guy to my sump for the time being.

sooo...sitting here trying to finish my case briefs for torts tomorrow, and I can't really make any progress because I keep going on nano-reef or work on designing my new tank, then it occurred to me that you also did the whole law school thing whilst trying to balance the hobby. It is a test of concentration to say the least.

Sorry to hear. I started getting into reefs full swing the summer after my 1st year. I went a little crazy in my 2nd year and my grades suffered as a result. Don't let the hobby consume you like it did me. In law school we often try to find distractions, but I took it a little too far. :)

Here are the tanks I set up during law school:

30g

92210110d.jpg

6g

9221nc0326full.jpg

9221nc0326a.jpg

67g

tb67g1.jpg

tb67g9.jpg

2.5g

pico116.jpg

pico142.jpg

15g

15g91.jpg

I actually left out a couple other misc. tanks. But you get the idea. :)

How are you balancing your time with the your tanks and your job! ;)

Haha. I only have 1 tank thankfully right now.. tho I am itching to set up a frag tank...a permanent quarantine tank... and something else. I'm fighting it tho. Real hard to keep my addiction at bay.

daym so that was your tank the one with the pink yuma? wow you were my role model that i adore to have a tank like that. i Can't believe it was you. i was looking all over for that picture you took back like 2 years ago. "scatching my head" tigah!!!!!