Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

hey tigah, quick question

who built your tank and do they have a site?

im sure you already wrote it somewhere in your 29 pages but...thats a bit of reading

That's why all that stuff is in the first page, first post. ;)

Clear for Life made the tank for me. It was a custom order. Any LFS that sells Clear for Life acrylic tanks should be able to forward your design to them.

daym so that was your tank the one with the pink yuma? wow you were my role model that i adore to have a tank like that. i Can't believe it was you. i was looking all over for that picture you took back like 2 years ago. "scatching my head" tigah!!!!!

I think my "pink yuma" for my current tank are the maxi minis. :)

Militant Jurist
I started getting into reefs full swing the summer after my 1st year. I went a little crazy in my 2nd year and my grades suffered as a result. Don't let the hobby consume you like it did me. In law school we often try to find distractions, but I took it a little too far. :)

And here I thought I was bad for setting up two tanks total during my 2nd and 3rd years. They sure are great distractions though! :D

My current 29g will hopefully be a good distraction for me as I study for the bar. Ohio has a February bar, so I'll have a short period of time between the end of December exams, BarBri, and then the bar. :wacko:

Soo.... You're a lawyer who moonlights as a pro wrestler? ..... Bad a$$.

SHODAIM4.jpg

ugh you want me to read your first post!

man becoming a lawyer sure has changed you! lol

LOL. Yes, for the better. B)

And here I thought I was bad for setting up two tanks total during my 2nd and 3rd years. They sure are great distractions though! :D

My current 29g will hopefully be a good distraction for me as I study for the bar. Ohio has a February bar, so I'll have a short period of time between the end of December exams, BarBri, and then the bar. :wacko:

Bar exam + reef = no good

Tigah - Oh the old days. I remember seeing your photos of the 30g and I just HAD to have a tank. Here I am today.... :D

-Dave

:)

Ok. Now that I got all caught up... New updates.

1) My red acan is not doing so well. A reefer wanted to trade some AOGs for a few polyps, so I fragged and there has been some die off. Moved it to a lower flow lower lit area of my tank in hopes of a recovery. Doubtful tho. :(

2) Got a new red acan lord colony.

3) Got some nice zoas from mnherper in a trade. Tried to pry it off the reef plug (I don't like plugs) and I squished a couple polyps. -_-

So here's the new acan lord mama.

Tank232.jpg

Photo of my "watermelon" maxi mini nem.

Tank229.jpg

Photo of one of the maxi minis that kept moving around. I punished it by cutting it in half and placing into my sump. The other half is not shown.

Tank230.jpg

And an FTS at last.

Tank231.jpg

Tenacious716

Been following your build on both forums and I'm lovin' it! :)

PS- What kind of camera are you using? I am amazed by your photos; I can't get a decent FTS to save my life!

Y'know.. if you really want to punish that nem, you could send one half to me and I could take polaroid shots of it around the world... then I'd send those pics to your nem half with a message like 'Haha, sucker, you're still in that sump!! Mwahahahah!'

Might be more effective...

OOH! Very nice as usual! I still remember that gigantic pink yuma in your 6 gallon..... Hey nice acans! I wonder if i can bring some back to korea.. :(

OOH! Very nice as usual! I still remember that gigantic pink yuma in your 6 gallon..... Hey nice acans! I wonder if i can bring some back to korea.. :(

Oogie!!! So good to see back at it. :)

Y'know.. if you really want to punish that nem, you could send one half to me and I could take polaroid shots of it around the world... then I'd send those pics to your nem half with a message like 'Haha, sucker, you're still in that sump!! Mwahahahah!'

Might be more effective...

LOL. If that were really possible, I would send you one. I don't think they even make polaroids anymore.

Been following your build on both forums and I'm lovin' it! :)

PS- What kind of camera are you using? I am amazed by your photos; I can't get a decent FTS to save my life!

Thanks! Canon SD780 IS. Just a simple point and shoot. Try using a tripod, it will help.

that blue nem right in the middle makes everything else pop that much more... might as well punish a few more maxis! hint hint ;)

Haha. But the blue one hasn't misbehaved yet.

pico116.jpg

Was this the one you had up on a wall? This tank blew my mind back in the day - so original, it had the most beautiful acans that one in Ohio could only dream about. I see with your current tank that you haven't lost your touch - good stuff, man. Now if we can only get Tiny to come back.

That is an awesome tank, lots of color in the FTS shot! Great work!

Thanks!

Man, ennis I need to come visit you again! The tank is looking killer.

You are always welcome at my place, John. We should do another LFS tour soon.

Tho I'm keeping my algae "stick" now. :)

pico116.jpg

Was this the one you had up on a wall? This tank blew my mind back in the day - so original, it had the most beautiful acans that one in Ohio could only dream about. I see with your current tank that you haven't lost your touch - good stuff, man. Now if we can only get Tiny to come back.

Yeah, the above-tank sump was attached to the wall. It was a surge pico.