SaltCritters.com

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
Thanks Jurist. I am going to get a small frag of blue polyp cap and try and mix them. Imagine blue and pink polyps!? :)

-Dave

That would be awesome! I've got a green cap with blue polyps. I love any kind of monti that's not all one color. :happy:

Thanks everyone! I really have been trying hard to make this tank my baby. I still have red bugs and will treat them here soon, no real biggie.

Weeber - I love that piece too. It has become very large, around the size of the tennis ball. The eel is there :)

I should be receiving my doser pumps and acrylic tubing tomorrow sometime too! I will be at a stand still until I generate some more cash. I wish I could win a few thousand dollars just for this tank and some stuff for the house ....

-Dave

Uhuru - You have a PM back. Thanks. I am picking up the acrylic tubing this week. Step by step.

Sad note.... I watched my last red spot cardinal die in front of me. It started to look bad a couple days ago and then bamb :( Also I have a odd feeling that the eel MAY have had lunch on my banded goby! It would not eat today and had a rather long large lump.... :unsure: Look at the picture's below...

Feeding time

IMG_4226-vi.jpg

IMG_4227-vi.jpg

IMG_4232-vi.jpg

IMG_4236-vi.jpg

IMG_4237-vi.jpg

-Dave

Thats definitely your goby in its stomach :eek: Mine looks the same way after he eats large silversides. Im sorry to hear that dave but ive had so many ppl ask me if they eat other fish and i told them every eel is different. Ive heard stories of them eating jawfish and the like but my eel has never bothered anything in my tank. In fact he starts searching for me when hes hungry. I also didnt add anything else to my tank until i was feeding him frozen. I figured since theyre coming straight from the wild to your tank they may still have some bad habits. Well at least you know not add any other gobies. Is your shrimp gone as well?

Its ok. Live an learn.... What may have happened to is my goby and shrimp went to the left rock. They built a burrow and everything was fine. Then randomly one night the goby left the shrimp to go back to the old rock. It may have gotten stuck under the rock with the eel and then thats all she wrote. Funny thing is it had been eating frozen the previous two days. The goby was less than an inch....

Looks like I will add some cardinals and a buddy for the clown now. Later on when the corals grow in pick up some smaller gobies to host.

-Dave

Sorry to hear that the eel went ahead and helped himself to your fish....quite the "snack" I imagine. Still such an amazing creature, he was just doing what he was naturally meant to.

It looks like your Superman is growing just as crazy as mine. I'm not sure if it's because it's Bruddah's True Superman or just conditions, but the mother that yours is from grows like a bat out of hell. I should have had a rock just for it ;)

Keep up the good work Dave and keep us posted on the new tank work.

-Adam

Thanks Adam. The superman is sharing drugs with my War coral....

Dont worry I wont skimp out on pictures of the new tank. :) I should be receiving my dosers today.

Side note me EME has not really done much for me. Just looks pretty but I want growth like my other chalices. I am going to be trading that for...

HUGE frag of $500 efflo

Purple Monster

Two gransulas

Deep water zoa that looks like lunars.

So with your frags you have for me it looks like I will need to make some room!

-Dave

Deleted User 6
IMG_4236-vi.jpg

reminds me of that scene in Anaconda when that guy gets eaten and you can see him in the snake...eww. Sorry to hear about it. At least you know the little guy is healthy enough to go hunting!

Still doing great :) It has been hiding a little more with his HUGE meal....

DHaut - Thats what I was thinking :)

I received my dosing pumps yesterday and picking up my acrylic tubes for the ozone reactor today. I had a 16 hour day at work yesterday so I had no time to set them up. Ugh!

-Dave

Just dosed the interceptor. I was still getting crazy growth on my blue tip, hawkins and slimer but my Bonsai and red planet have slowed WAY down. They we covered, hopefully this will kill those bastards!

-Dave

Just dosed the interceptor. I was still getting crazy growth on my blue tip, hawkins and slimer but my Bonsai and red planet have slowed WAY down. They we covered, hopefully this will kill those bastards!

-Dave

Did you have red bugs or AEFWs? Hope the treatment goes well and annihilates the little suckers!!!

Only red bugs. I think they came in on this small unknown frag I have. I'll post pictures of it tonight. It is really starting to color up.

-Dave

Well just did my water change after the interceptor. Looks like it nailed the red bugs! My shrimp, starfish and everything are still alive too. I used an entire small dog pill and that was perfect.

I had to frag my cap on the right rock because it was blocking my purple tip nana from any light so I hope to see the purple back.

While I was at it I did a huge cleaning, my skimmer, vortech, pump, lights and vacuumed the sand bed.

I should have my DIY ozone reactor built my next weekend along with a few other goodies.

-Dave

fingerscrossed Good luck Dave... Glad to see you hope things went well!!!

I can't wait to see your ozone build!!! :)

Man, you have me really really wanting a Eel... Hmmm, Income Tax refund time is coming up. -_- Any advice you can give me...?

Thanks bro!

B)

Archived