Innovative Marine Aquariums

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it looks like North Carolina is in for a ton of snow this year. This is the second storm with 7\"+! Needless to say I was out and about and just having a few beers.

The tank has been on auto pilot for the past month. I really need to go in and zap the aptasia and bubble algae but things have been growing so well that I dont really mind. My red planet has been the only thing struggling because of the evil minion ( Blenny ). I snapped a few photos with the old trusty point and shoot and they turned out really well.

The Birdseye Collection

Blue Tip

bluetip-vi.jpg

Nickelodeon Gak

setosa-vi.jpg

Superman!

superman-vi.jpg

24K-vi.jpg

SNAKE!

birdseye-vi.jpg

Paradise :D

IMG_4393-vi.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

-Dave

Thanks DHaut. My neighborhood is a artsy section of town and I live behind four bars so it was a party the entire weekend. I popped the gate open stuck some beer in the snow and sat back and relaxed. I could look through my window and watch my tank too!

-Dave

Bobby - The superman is an encrusting monti and the caps are pink polyp. Either way thanks! :)

David - Thanks. It was a great weekend! ;)

-Dave

P.S - Sorry for the lack of updates lately....

great pics dave. its funny because this evening i was showing my wife a bunch of threads and asked her about your eel. hoping maby some day she'll let me get one. her response was yuuuu thats creepy its like a snake with glowing blue eyes.

Your tank is looking great. Was it custom made? Im in the process of getting a quote for that exact dims. Awesomeness, lol.

Whats your bulb combo?

Uhuru - Shoot them over! ;)

Spencer - Thanks man. Dont hate RC, some people are rude but it has SO much information that is great for our hobby.

bitts - lol. The birds eye view made it look like a snake with glowing eyes :P

crazy - I built it myself. Shoot me a PM, I'm sure I could build another one for you. I am using the following bulb combo....

Blue +

Aquablue Special

Fiji Purple

Blue +

If you guys look hard enough you can barely see the head of the eel in the Setosa picture.

-Dave

Looks fantastic Dave!!! Glad to see that the Superman is growing like crazy for you and the coloration is fantastic.

Last shot is a keeper....looks like the end of a nice day of shoveling snow to me ;)

Shoot me a PM sometime today so we can figure out shipping this week. I have the following with your name on them ;)

-Icefire

-Green w/Blue Polyp Cap

-Green Acro

-Green Pocci

-Adam

Ugh! My blenny felt like putting my purple bonsai through hell yesterday and it started to STN. Its looking better now but I need to get this DAMN fish out of the tank. This will NOT be an easy task.

Any tips of tricks to get this guy out?

-Dave

Sorry to hear that the Blenny is being a pain and harassing your coral. Hopefully you'll get ahold of his a$$ before the frags get there tomorrow ;)

I'd try and find the spot where he hangs out and either try and coax him to the surface with food or suck his butt out with some oversize tube as Ebn suggested. I've inadvertently sucked up my clowns twice now while doing a water change....it works well :)

Archived