Coral Vue Hydros

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

New stuff when I get home. New Gnome glass skimmers, two smaller tanks. Thanks to everyone that came out to Reefstock 2012! A fellow NR member won the Mono Box for the Reefstock raffle prize too.

6826733380_229b18383a.jpg

6972847061_a7c4a6c745.jpg

6972841179_d9f0713bdc.jpg

6972844217_afa74ddaf5_z.jpg

-Dave

What were you using as a mount for the tank lighting on the left?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What were you using as a mount for the tank lighting on the left?

Made a light arm and mounted to the wooden box on the bottom.

Few updates.

• Corals are looking 10x better already
  • Lettuce Nudis ordered after seeing them murder the bryopsis in Kats tank
  • Nano Box Duo ( new ) mounted over tank

Tomorrow or Thursday I plan on doing a 15g water change and cleaning the sump out completely. Then adding a new Tunze 6025/45 to keep things moving. More photos tomorrow!

-Dave

Going to clean the tank tonight and post a few photos as things are already looking 10x better. Lettuce nudis are in and doing work, manual pulling is helping too. I also added 40 snails ( various ) to help murder things.

The Tunze 6015 is moving a ton of water in the sump helping any dead spots as well. Skimmer is pulling the most gnarly junk out as well.

Thanks to Nano-Reef for keeping me moving on this tank. I absolutely love being into it again!

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm currently experimenting with a baking soda and peroxide goo that works to beat back the bryopsis. Doesnt eradicate it but it will retard growth for 2 weeks each time. I mixed xanthan gum with the goo the other day. This was to bind it so that a more epoxy like application could be done. The gum made the goo thing very slimy and it floated to the surface. Today I'm going to try glycerin.

• 5 months later...

I realize this thread hasn't been bumped in a long while, but beautiful tank!

Thanks! It has not been broken down since Aug. I will update my other thread tonight if I have time.

-Dave

P.S - I won't lie. I miss this tank!

Archived