Innovative Marine Aquariums

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

I dont normally do this but with my birthday coming up at the end of March I jumped the gun.

I bought coral off a website! LA DD....

_cfimg4256178618513001639.PNG

And

020110-049.jpg

I never do that but I just had too!

-Dave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other picture is not showing up now, I also won a pair or two tiny acro crabs. They had them measured at 1/4" so there should be perfect in the new acro.

After a few to many brews last night I finished putting together my drill press and started to on my new heatsinks. While most people are using larger ones I believe they are overkill. I found a supplier with different size heatsinks that will make my units PERFECT for nano tanks. After receiving them I think the 12 LED units will be 8x3x1.5. :D

Ryujin Lighting

IMG_4664-vi.jpg

IMG_4665-vi.jpg

My new tank stand plans. This is being made as I type!

Davesstand_1-vi.jpg

New FTS - Fiji/Blue+

fts227-vi.jpg

-Dave

animalmaster6
Thanks Will. I'm excited too. Its only a stag but with the little acro crabs it should add some charactor.

-Dave

Hey Dave.

Acro Crabs are awesome and I look forward to you getting them. They are so cool!

Bitts - Yea I checked that out the other day. While it looks like a solid CA reactor I still prefer using 2part. Its easier to adjust CA and ALK and no worries of the reactor failing.

-Dave

Thanks Mike. I just got the optics in so I think the unit will only be 1.67" now.

Once I get the controller finished I should be able to build 6-10 units!

-Dave

Bitts - Yea I checked that out the other day. While it looks like a solid CA reactor I still prefer using 2part. Its easier to adjust CA and ALK and no worries of the reactor failing.

-Dave

was thinkin more of what aspects could be used for other purpose's. like it doesent need an aqualifter to supply the water feed.

Well today was the day. I had to terminate the aptasia farm and destroy the glowing bubble algae. I ended up going to the fish store and picking up some necessities.

- Bucket of I.O

- tiny Evoita Goby

- Halimeda Algae

- Various snails

- Cowrie

- Aptasia X

- Peppermint Shrimp

From L.A

-Blue Stag

-Two Acro Crabs

I was able to nuke the aptasia, destroy a ton of bubble algae and move some corals around. I am having to frag my caps weekly now with how large there getting! The best part about the acro crabs is one is in the Setosa and the other in the Hawkins! To cool!

I will be picking up a Hanna Phosphate meter and a refractometer in the next few weeks. The new stand should be finished April 1st too.

I will snap some photo's tomorrow.

-Dave

Awesome! He's a cool little fish, but can be very shy. I once thought he was dead for about 4 months. Stopped feeding the tank and everything. Then one day I saw him shoot from behind one rock to another. Crazy.

Archived