Cultivated Reef

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

Thanks guys.

I do not have a cover. I am taking a risk but so far so good. I think if I keep him well fed there is no reason to leave ;)

-Dave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me crazy. I am have been tossing the idea around to buy a sherline milling machine. Maybe even a CNC....

I think there is a huge market out there for nano sized aquarium products....

Ideas.....

-Dave

I definitely think there is a market out there for nano-sized aquarium products...just not sure which products would be the most "successful."

How much would the milling and CNC run you total? I guess that would determine how large you want to go with what you create.

After everything I would need around $1500. This would be for a small unit programs and all included. I did this all through high school but with paintball I never went through with it. I will see how my tax returns look and if it would be worth it.

I would like to build....

Tanks

Reactors

Lighting Fixtures

Custom Parts

FACE Designs... ;)

-Dave

Got any pics of the box that you picked up from target to house the dosers? Interested in seeing what it looks like since I'm out of space in my stand for my current build (ADA 32g with 2 MP40w ;) ).

I just hooked up my SpectraPure unit. You can tell that they hand build each unit, its a tank! I am only getting a 6:1 ratio and want to get it around 4:1. Anyone have any tips?

Well I am going to go through with the project. My own DIY CNC router! It should take me 4-6 months to finish the build. It will be able to cut 32"x25". I will make sure to update this site with the build along with the DIY blog I am putting together. This way I can build things for myself, locals and on here.

Here's what I will be attempting...

http://8020cnc.com/

-Dave

P.S - Wish me luck :D

Thanks guys. I will try to keep up to date on our small side of the hobby. It seems like the nano side always falls under the cracks.

I will do nTOTM and a bunch of other cool stuff.

-Dave

Thanks guys. Well I was going to update it and my Macbook's hard drive crashed. Sweet....

No one happens to have a spare 2.5" hard drive laying around do they? ;)

-Dave

Deleted User 6

I snagged a 1TB external for $100 recently - hard drives are incredibly cheap these days. Not sure about one that fits in a mac though - my mac's drive never crashed.

Thanks DHaut. I have found a few but it seems like everything is hitting me at once. Car, laptop and my phone took a poop. Hopefully I can find a cheap hard drive and I am waiting got spencer to shoot me a PM back.

-Dave

Sorry for the lack of updates. I just got my Macbook running after the crash ( Thanks Spencer ).

Anyways I have been planning out my LED project. I have some really cool stuff planned so stay tuned.

I have my tank on RC's nTOTM too, so PLEASE go vote! :D

With the computer back and running its only right to post some new pictures so look out this afternoon.

-Dave

Archived