Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

Ok cool. I think I am going to use the stuff on BRS for the fittings and tubing. Are you using a corallife luft pump too? If so what is the size of the fitting. My sanders has a 3/16" and it would be awesome if I could use all 3/16" besides the 1/2" for the inlet on the water pump for the reactor.

-Dave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Spot cardinals.

Also I need NR help! I am on RC for nTOTM. I need votes!

Thanks guys!

-Dave

You got my vote Dave. I've been there though and it's more of a "popularity" contest. I had built up a 100 vote lead over a 3 week period on the nearest person. All of a sudden, they took a 100 vote lead in like 2 days! Nano-Reefers need to stick together! ;)

Basser - I know! Jerks

Giga - Let nature be nature. I will start to do monthly LPS frag packs with War Coral, Babys Breath and maybe my lords. I swear this stuff grows like xenia!

-Dave

Ok cool. I think I am going to use the stuff on BRS for the fittings and tubing. Are you using a corallife luft pump too? If so what is the size of the fitting. My sanders has a 3/16" and it would be awesome if I could use all 3/16" besides the 1/2" for the inlet on the water pump for the reactor.

-Dave

Yeah the luft pump has 3/16" as well. It's kinda on the small side but it comes with a clamp to tighten the tube down. If BRS doesn't have the fittings in stock you can always get them from US Plastics. There is also a site called ozone-supplies.com but I have never ordered from there. Looks like they have every type of plumbing you could possibly need for ozone though.

Yea I found them but the shipping is unreal.

I think I will just use the 3/16"s to the air dryer and then to the Ozone unit and to my reactor. I want to use a check valve from the unit to the reactor just in case water ever tries to get up there. I also need to find a small adjustable fitting for the bleed/pressure relief.

I should be getting my Shorty tomorrow and my dosing pumps Monday.

I am also thinking of doing my own DIY powerbrites. I just cant stomach the 60$ for the 3 LED lights.

-Dave

Pictures today. He has already kicked my goby and shrimp out of their home. Nature at its best!

Sorry for the delay, inventory at work and I run our warehouse so you can only imagine!

-Dave

Glad to hear it made it safe and sound. Sounds like it's getting nice and comfortable in the tank already.

Looking forward to pictures once you can break away from work. Sounds like you're having tons o' fun ;)

-Adam

Uhuru - The good thing is most of my tank has been funded by used paintball gear!

Adam - A little to at home ;)

Sushi - Fun is an understatement.... I have to drive 3 hours to do inventory in one of our retail stores...

The Eel

I have been on the search for the elusive Golden Dwarf Moray Eel from some time now. Most fish shops will sell these guys from $250-350 plus shipping. After searching for a year I found one that was small, colorful and a great price. Les from Wet Pets Hawaii had one in stock and I had to pick it up. $99 shipped and best of all from a guy who knew what he was doing! I picked it up at FedEx around 8:30 and was in my tank around 9:30. I have never been a long acclimation type of guy. With how long they stay in a bag I think once the temp is ok, on they go!

Later in the afternoon my girlfriend called in an uproar. The eel has kicked the goby and shrimp out. So when I got home I made a 1/2" PVC home for the shrimp and goby so hopefully they will take on to it. I fed the eel a small piece of shrimp and it snatched it up. I tried another small piece but it just ignored it but so far so good!

Any ways here are the pictures. I'll have more later and excuse the aptasia :(

Bagged

IMG_3972-vi.jpg

A Whole New World

IMG_3978-vi.jpg

Get Me Out of Here

IMG_3979-vi.jpg

Whos the New Guy?

IMG_4015-vi.jpg

Why Hello

IMG_4016-vi.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

-Dave

animalmaster6

He's beautiful! Golden Dwarf Eels are my favorite eels and they are soooo cool!

You have an especially good one!

I hope the goby/shrimp pair finds a good home! And what species of goby and shrimp do you have?

Thanks guys! I had a long day and tomorrow will be even longer :unsure:

I will try and snap some corals and eel photos when I get back. This is the first year that I just want to watch the ball drop at home.

Rehype- What are you feeding yours? Also Les is a GREAT guy and packed perfect.

Uhuru - Looks like you need to pick one up ;)

-Dave

Well they moved. The goby and shrimp are on the left rock and the eel on the right. Its the coolest thing to watch the right rock and see the eel just pop up all over. Its almost like the game at Chucky Cheeses to smash the rodents with the club :P

Next step, find more Red Spot Cardinals! I also want to try and find a cluster of feather dusters too

-Dave

Archived