Pod Your Reef

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome video Dave!!! B) Now I really want one even more!!! :happy:

Man, Les is a hard guy to contact!!! Did you get a hold of him Through Reef Frontiers, or just call...?

Thanks bro!

Thanks Will, I'm glad you got to see him eat.

david - Just give him a call. He maybe diving ;)

UPDATE : Yahhoo! Found a used corallife luft pump for 35$ Saved big time on this one.

-Dave

Get one ;)

Ok what about a true patch reef? One rock structure with turtle grass around it. Two MP40's swapping currents? :D

that would be awesome u could also get some garden eels. :D

I finished up the DIY box for my dosers with one extra hole ;) I stopped by Target and found a black storage cube that fits on the side of my stand and holds the calcium,alk and dosers. Perfection!

Here's a couple pictures...

BEER TIME!

Doser Housing & Reactor Tubes

IMG_4269-vi.jpg

Midnight Stroll

IMG_4264-vi.jpg

-Dave

animalmaster6
Thanks animal. I am still learning the in's and out's of this camera. Shooting at night is tuff.

-Dave

I thought that pic was perfect!

It was very easy to put together. The only hick up was mounting the units to the project box.

Over the weekend I had a bacteria bloom. The water turned cloudy and had a white tint. I just let nature do its thing and its crystal clear now. I am going to start updating my google blog for all my DIY work and crazy ideas, who knows maybe one day it will become a well known blog. ;)

-Dave

I figured mounting the units would be the only challenging part. It looks like you just cut out holes that were as close to the unit size as possible. Are you going to use any screws or rivets to tighten then in there or just leave them?

Any clue on why you experienced a bacteria bloom? Like you said, better to just let nature run its course than freak out. I think that only comes with experience in this hobby....knowing when to "freak out" and take action and when to just sit back and see if it runs its course.

-Adam

I have them connected to small bolts on the inside. They are not moving anywhere!

As far as the bacteria bloom I think it was caused by to much MB7 overtime. I no longer have the bio load like I had I think the bacteria just took over. Who knows, it was milky white on Saturday, Sunday a little less and now its back to normal.

Side note I should be receiving my SpectraPure unit tomorrow along with my luft pump. Whoop!

-Dave

Well I was able to buy the pumps used for 45 each.

$90 - Two 6 mL minute dosers

$3 - Power cords

$4.04 - Project Box 6"x3"x2"

$1.02 - Random Screws

$3.50 - 3/16" Tubing

=101.56

Starting a blog :)

Well I was able to buy the pumps used for 45 each.

$90 - Two 6 mL minute dosers

$3 - Power cords

$4.04 - Project Box 6"x3"x2"

$1.02 - Random Screws

$3.50 - 3/16" Tubing

=101.56

Starting a blog :)

Great DIY project.

Archived