Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

animalmaster6
Ugh! My blenny felt like putting my purple bonsai through hell yesterday and it started to STN. Its looking better now but I need to get this DAMN fish out of the tank. This will NOT be an easy task.

Any tips of tricks to get this guy out?

-Dave

-_-

Good Luck mcatching him :)

Do you know where the blenny sleeps?

:ninja:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know how they look when they get there...hopefully it will be there within the next few hours.

Any luck catching the Blenny?

Adam - Everything arrived. It received them before I even left to work!

The Icefire had a small piece break off and the cap snapped again. No worries though!

Where did you have everything placed? I just left them on the sandbed for now.

-Dave

Adam - Everything arrived. It received them before I even left to work!

The Icefire had a small piece break off and the cap snapped again. No worries though!

Where did you have everything placed? I just left them on the sandbed for now.

-Dave

Glad to hear that everything at least made it alive....were the bags cold or did the heat pack and packing do the trick? That was the first time I've shipped in cold weather so that was a new experience.

That sucks to hear that the Icefire had a small piece chip off and that the Cap snapped again. So there were three Cap pieces in there? I guess USPS didn't really heed the "Fragile" sticker, go figure.

Here is where I have everything placed in my tank...should be pretty similar for you since our lighting is pretty comparable.

Icefire - had your frag smack dab mid-way up in my tank. Didn't get a whole ton of flow where it was and for me, it seems like they like medium flow. In general, this piece will get a more vibrant light blue the higher you place it in the tank.

Green Acro Vermiculata - was growing on my frag rack in the upper 1/3 of my tank. Can handle as much light as you can give it and does well in high/medium flow. My colony is literally 4" in front of my MP20.

Green Cap - pretty happy anywhere in the tank...I have mine 1/2 way up and in pretty decent flow. Will "scroll" more in higher flow and plate more in medium.

Poccilipora - just like the Cap, pretty happy anywhere in the tank. I have mine in the lower 1/3rd of my tank and it gets pretty good diffuse but steady flow. Keeps a nice green color low and gets more red/purple hues higher up.

Enjoy!!! I'm just happy to hear everything made it safe and sound...frags were only out of the tank around 18 hours.

I'll send you the lineage of these pieces later on if you're interested. You'll probably want it for the Icefire as it is the real deal and can be traced back to one of the original frags ;)

-Adam

Awesome! Thanks Adam.

When I leave work it am cleaning the tank along with mounting these bad boys. I tossed in some Arctic pods and Oyster feast to help them like my tank more :haha:

-Dave

After I got back off of work I went to buy epoxy to mount Adams frags. Everything goes as planned and I sit back to enjoy the tank and dream of how the pieces will grow in. Then the evil devil child ( Blenny ) comes out to check the new stuff and starts NIPPING like there is no tomorrow! I jump up and pretty much throw my lights and start chasing. I found every hiding space of his and then got him trapped in the top rock. Pulled the rock out, my clam starts squirting at me and I find the golden ticket! :D Grab its back fin and through it in a zip lock.

-Dave

Oh if he would have killed the Ice Fire I would have fired the little guy up in my cast iron skillet and eat him...

Side note I was not able to get paint out. I will get some out next week for sure. This weekend does not look the best...

-Dave

Side note I was not able to get paint out. I will get some out next week for sure. This weekend does not look the best...

Bright and sunny down here in Charleston this weekend (at least Sunday)... I'll just have to buy the exorbitantly priced paint here locally.

dave sounds like you've earned your self a beer, finnaly catching the blenny. hope you get time to injoy it.

Just got home. Picked up some Roti-Feast for the tank. Everything looks happy and polyps are way out on everything now. No more nipping,biting,chomping and stressing the corals out.

I may try and pick up a wrasse this week.

-Dave

A few pictures....

This on is for you Adam

adamnuc-vi.jpg

Frags - Icefire is browned out but will be back. Fake Icefire to the left and Setosa frag

frags-vi.jpg

FTS

FTS-vi.jpg

LED Project : More on this later

Teasers Prototype

LED-vi.jpg

LED2-vi.jpg

-Dave

Archived