Coral Vue Hydros

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

Thanks Adam - I was over having to check this out and wanting this and that. I will have my BGM and ME for chalices and use those to trade and sell for new stuff. I've been using Reef Nutrition food for a little now and have seen nothing but positive effects. This food is top notch!

Here's a good link for the GDM

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...ht=golden+dwarf

Needless to say I'm really excited and I picked it up for 99$ shipped!

So what has everyone asked for Xmas this year? I know some cool reef stuff ;)

-Dave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link Dave :)

Nothing too exciting this year reef-wise. Just told my wife that test kits, foods, and other smaller items make perfect stocking stuffers. Other than that, I don't foresee her getting me any equipment as it's a little out of our spending limit on one another ;)

From what I have heard no. You just never know with fish though.

The one I am picking up is only 5" and can only down PE mysis. I dont think it has a large enough mouth to get around a small goby.

As for the new tank I have been throwing the idea of running a remote DSB/fuge if I go BB. If I were to do that I would try a mangrove forest under the tank and order a pair of bangaii cardinals to breed. Throw a small urchin in there and you have a mini biotope!

-Dave

imcosmokramer
That would be awesome to see. Love the natural reef shots of Jawfish and other sand dwellers popping their heads in and out of their burrows.

Love the mouth on this guy :o

nature_jawfish_JimChambers.TuckerGA.jpg

so cool

Deleted User 6

-Dave

good thread on the GDM - Jmaneyapanda's pair is HOT. I met him when I lived in Atlanta - he bought a bunch of stuff off me when I broke down my first tank to move to NYC. Nice guy.

For Christmas, I don't think I'm getting anything reef-related :(. But maybe I'll get a bunch of money and can just use that for fish, lol.

I like the idea of bangaii cardinals breeding in the mangrove forest. I just added a few mangroves to my top tank - I'm debating leaving them in there and just having the SPS grow up and around the mangroves. I think that'd be kinda cool and different, and would give small fish like the gobies I want a place to hide. I think that'd make for a cool display fuge (i'm a fan of display fuges, lol). Go for it! Plus, if they breed, free fresh food for the top tank!

I would honestly just try and sell the babies to local stores around here. After reading countless articles I want to "help" save the reefs and breed these little guys. Just one less fish from the ocean.

I'm thinking a 10x20x16 remote DSB/Fuge with the mangroves and macro. Urchin, Cardinals, Nasirus Snails and running two day light T5's. I could maybe even run my carbon reactor connected to my ozone to go into this section then back to my sump. If I run my DT BB I could even put my little goby/pistol pair in there too!

Thoughts?

-Dave

Well I just entered my tank in the nTOTM on RC. So if you are on there vote for me :D

-Dave

Phft...and here you think your tank is good enough for that....just kidding. :P

You have at least my vote :)

Thanks Rehype! Hopefully once I get my own DSLR I will be able to snap some pictures like yours!

With the new tank I am not really going much larger. Just a much more planned out tank.

Stand should be finished this week! :D

-D

Well I just entered my tank in the nTOTM on RC. So if you are on there vote for me :D

-Dave

OMW to do so now. Your tank is one of my favs :D.

Lol, I have averaged 1 post every 4 months for 7.5 years at RC. You should feel special :P.

Thanks Gabe! I dont think the voting has started but I will let everyone know when it does.

Cooper - Thanks for the kind comment.

I will try and take some shots this week along with a new FTS for everyone. Figure it would be a good way to end the year. Any shots you guys want to see?

-Dave

FTS Timeline Part II

IMG_3240-vi.jpg

IMG_1192-vi.jpg

IMG_0217-vi.jpg

IMG_1275-vi.jpg

IMG_3337-vi.jpg

IMG_3347-vi.jpg

IMG_3559-vi.jpg

DSC03121-vi.jpg

IMG_3708-vi.jpg

IMG_3860-vi.jpg

ft-vi.jpg

-Dave

The growth of the War Coral and Superman is fantastic. I told you once that Superman got settled, it would growth like CRAZY. Mine cannot be contained :)

It sure is Adam. I cant believe how fast some of the stuff is starting to grow. I swear this Reef Nutrition stuff is making some of my corals look 10x as good. I'll snap some pictures later today.

Almost Christmas!!! Whoop!

-Dave

P.S - Where can I find some maxi mini nems?

I am down to one.

I am going to get a few more after the holidays. I now know what they need. I honestly think I could keep a schaol of 10-15 no problem.

-Dave

Well my girlfriend and I celebrated Christmas today and she got me a SpectraPure RO/DI 90 GPD unit. So excited to have everything I need now at my house. Just need to pick up some salt.... Hmmmm

I picked up a used Shorty Media reactor for my Ozone set up too.

-Dave

Well my girlfriend and I celebrated Christmas today and she got me a SpectraPure RO/DI 90 GPD unit. So excited to have everything I need now at my house. Just need to pick up some salt.... Hmmmm

I picked up a used Shorty Media reactor for my Ozone set up too.

-Dave

Congrats Dave... And a Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Keep that girl of yours around bro!!! ;)

B)

Archived