• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Can we reinstate the one picture per post rule for calvin? I'm trying to live vicariously through you calvin, and you aren't posting enough pictures.

Can we reinstate the one picture per post rule for calvin? I'm trying to live vicariously through you calvin, and you aren't posting enough pictures.

The downside of having a new kiddo, no free time :(

Sorry man, that blows. Feel better. I just overfilled my bucket of R/O water about 30 min ago.

LOL :D

Whew... Glad all is ok bro!

Thanks, yeah so far so good no other disasters...

Wow, you're really lucky that you didn't have serious problems on your hands, and I'm not just talking about the tank!! I'm glad the damage was only minimal!!

Fwiw, I dropped a lit mh into a tank once, we all make mistakes sometimes.

Yeah, I'm really lost where the water went, I can't figure out where it all went, I thought the stand would have completely flooded and spilled over, but it didn't... ???

Sucks Cal, good that you got it fixed though. Unfortunately, I don't have to be on meds to forget crap like that. I constantly flood my laundry room by forgetting that I was filling up jugs of RO water for the baby.

LOL! Yeah, been there done that, before the basement finish, I must have flooded it half a dozen times. ;)

any updates Calvin?

Coming right up...

im sorry to hear, glad everything worked out ok! im a repeated offender of flooding the floor! i ALWAYS FORGET hat i started the ro machine!!! i setup four 1gallon jugs, put the tube in the first one, and start filling.....then an hour or two later.........................DAMN IT!!! turn off water valve, soak up water, try again.......... :slap:

LOL!

That sucks Eric, at least everything other than the pump survived. So are you feeling better?

Yeah, much better thanks for asking! That cold took me out of commision for days!

This is why I do all my water outside and only bring in 5 gallons at a time :P

That is why you have to labor, and I don't. :P

No, but I will have pics this time...

i hate when crap like that happens. oh well atleast it turned out ok

Yeah, could have been worse.

The downside of having a new kiddo, no free time :(

Yeah, actually had some time, but been working on a project, I'll fill you all in on when the time comes. :D

Here's an update for tonight:

Before you all jump on me, yeah I know it will outgrow the tank, I know this, you know this, so no need to bring it up. However I couldn't pass up the deal on this one...

Enter Mr Gigas! :D

DSCN4876.jpg

Reverse Side

DSCN4877.jpg

It's currently about 10" long and 8" across when opened, but I think it fills the sand bed nicely!

travisurfer
DSCN4877.jpg

It's currently about 10" long and 8" across when opened, but I think it fills the sand bed nicely!

Wow, that is quite the clam. Just out of curiosity, how exactly would you remove and transport it once it is twice that size?

Just make sure it doesn't attach to the glass beneath the sand... but you would know that. It's probably attached to a frag plug or something.

No problems, clams can't attach to acrylic, only glass. :D

Whoa :o ... big clam

Awesome!

Thanks!

I didn't even think of that! Beautiful clam though...

Thanks!

hahahaha had to read that twice... not what I was thinking :ninja:

LOL!

Nice score Calvin :D! That thing is huge! I think it definitely fills the sand bed nicely :)

Thanks! We'll see how fast it grows and how long I get to keep it. :D

Nice! Keep up the good work....and the updates.

Oh, and, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thanks! How did you know it was my B-Day?

That's a great looking clam... nice color!! B)

Thanks! I wish I could get more of a top down, but the lights and canopy are in the way... :( I'll have to figure something out.

I am amazed! Simply amazed! A work of art!

Thanks!

Clams don't attach to acrylic????? Damn learn something new each and every day. Thanx for the new pics Eric.

Nope, don't know why, but they will grab on to glass like it was rock work, but they can't get a grip on acrylic for some reason...

I've been following this from the beginning...first time commenting. Beautiful set-up! oh and if you click on forums, scroll to the very bottom of the page...it shows today's birthdays :) Happy Birthday!

Thanks! How did you know it was my B-Day?

You put it in your N-R profile:

mvi8g8.jpg

Which causes it to show up on the N-R "Forums" page:

34rtwna.jpg

Or, maybe I'm :ninja: .