• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Remember to let me know when you are ready for coral & what kind of things you are looking for. I am willing to donate for all the pleasure I have gotten following this build.

DSCN4788.jpg

Hey - is that a 15 Gallon Barrel under there? I have been looking at these online ... did you find a good deal on one? Have any recommendations?

Sure is Bonsai...

Here's where I got this one.

http://www.bayteccontainers.com/rcwb15.html

I ordered the one with the bulkhead in it, but wouldn't if you need to it in a specific location. I will likely replace this one so I can drill it myself. I want the bulkhead right at the top (when on it's side). ;)

HTH

-Eric

Edited by calvin415
Sure is Bonsai...

Here's where I got this one.

http://www.bayteccontainers.com/rcwb15.html

I ordered the one with the bulkhead in it, but wouldn't if you need to it in a specific location. I will likely replace this one so I can drill it myself. I want the bulkhead right at the top (when on it's side). ;)

HTH

-Eric

Did you order the reconditioned one?

Wow... I had no idea you have been building/stocking this tank for the last several months. This is the first time I've seen it and I just read the entire thread... my eyes are bleeding :) I've never known how to subscribe to a post, but I may learn now! Congrats on your new boy and your tank is inspiring and nearly perfect.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, nothing really new to take pics of...

However, just to prove what an idiot I can be, how is this for a story... I've been super sick all week and loaded up on meds but I went to the basement to check on the tank to find the sump super low on water and my 15g barrel empty. So I pull out my hose from my 55 reserve, plugged in the pump and started to fill the 15g barrel. Problem with this, is I had to run up stairs in the middle of this and 24hrs later I remembered I started this process. :( So, the following morning I ran down stairs to find the pump on the 55g barrel was whining like crazy from being run dry for probably 23 hours, the tank was without power since there was 3" of water standing in the liner I put in the stand and my exteral return pump was now submerged.

I immediately busted out the shop vac and started the clean up... I poured about 2 cups of water from the motor of the Pan World (external pump) that was running my sump return and started hunting for a replacement since it is now fried from all the water in it.

So after 4 hours of clean up, I got everything running again. I was able to locate an Iwaki locally and plumb it into the existing setup, and after many hours of the skimmer playing Mr. Bubble, it finally calmed down. I'm trying to re-fill my 55g barrel with new RO water, and amazingly enough, no losses! Whew!

Note to everyone, if you are sick and on meds, do not attempt any maintenance on your aquarium, no matter how simple!!!!

Edited by calvin415
NanoReefNovice

Sorry man, that blows. <_< Feel better. I just overfilled my bucket of R/O water about 30 min ago. :lol:

Edited by NanoReefNovice

However, just to prove what an idiot I can be, how is this for a story... I've been super sick all week and loaded up on meds but I went to the basement to check on the tank to find the sump super low on water and my 15g barrel empty. So I pull out my hose from my 55 reserve, plugged in the pump and started to fill the 15g barrel. Problem with this, is I had to run up stairs in the middle of this and 24hrs later I remembered I started this process. :( So, the following morning I ran down stairs to find the pump on the 55g barrel was whining like crazy from being run dry for probably 23 hours, the tank was without power since there was 3" of water standing in the liner I put in the stand and my exteral return pump was now submerged.

I immediately busted out the shop vac and started the clean up... I poured about 2 cups of water from the motor of the Pan World (external pump) that was running my sump return and started hunting for a replacement since it is now fried from all the water in it.

So after 4 hours of clean up, I got everything running again. I was able to locate an Iwaki locally and plumb it into the existing setup, and after many hours of the skimmer playing Mr. Bubble, it finally calmed down. I'm trying to re-fill my 55g barrel with new RO water, and amazingly enough, no losses! Whew!

Note to everyone, if you are sick and on meds, do not attempt any maintenance on your aquarium, no matter how simple!!!!

Whew... Glad all is ok bro!

Sorry man, that blows. <_< Feel better. I just overfilled my bucket of R/O water about 30 min ago. :lol:

You... Lay off the beer!!! omgomgomg

Wow, you're really lucky that you didn't have serious problems on your hands, and I'm not just talking about the tank!! I'm glad the damage was only minimal!!

Fwiw, I dropped a lit mh into a tank once, we all make mistakes sometimes.

Sucks Cal, good that you got it fixed though. Unfortunately, I don't have to be on meds to forget crap like that. I constantly flood my laundry room by forgetting that I was filling up jugs of RO water for the baby.

im sorry to hear, glad everything worked out ok! im a repeated offender of flooding the floor! i ALWAYS FORGET hat i started the ro machine!!! i setup four 1gallon jugs, put the tube in the first one, and start filling.....then an hour or two later.........................DAMN IT!!! turn off water valve, soak up water, try again.......... :slap: