inTank Media Baskets

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

Thanks, Clam is actually looking different, still opens and looks heathly, but the mantle color is changing... Not sure what is up with it, but I'm trying to locate a new home for it. :(

Calvin I don't think a color shift is unheard of. Is it bleaching, or are the colors shifting like blue to more yellow\gold?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

It's shifting from blue to yellow/brown...

There was a thesis paper out there about Tridacna clams and color shifts with lighting and water conditions. It happens. I will look for it but I don't think there is anything healthwise to worry about with this clam.

Well I went ahead and found a new home for the Gigas, for those of you in Colorado, it will be on display at the Downtown Aquarium (Denver for those not familiar with the area) soon. It is currently in QT up there, but not sure when it will go on display. Yes, I still owe some update pics, but working on a couple small changes (stocking) and will try to get some more pics up soon.

calvin - Looking great. I love the Leopard wrasse. Have you thought about any fish that stay together? I tried out some Red Spot cardinals but they do horrible in our tanks. I may pick up a few Longspine Cardinals and I bet they would look great in your tank!

Anyways great stuff.

-Dave

Thanks Dave, actually I have 4 Bangaii's that school around the tank right now, pretty large fish for schooling, but they should start to pair up soon... Also picked up a single Percula that I hope to pair up maybe this weekend. Lots more corals added, LPS, SPS, and even some Zoo's... Unfortunately, everything is still just frags so it's tough to see everything until they start to grow in. :(

Everything is finally starting to settle in, I empty the skimmer (the cup is 95% full), fill up the ATO barrel, and perform a 10% water change every week, and feed the hell out of it every chance I get... I mean I'm killing the return pump, and dumping in 6 cubes of Mysis, and 3 or 4 cubes of baby brine! The corals all open up and feast! The cardinals chase the mysis (CL still runs and keeps it all moving) all over, along with the leopard wrasse. I'll target feed as many of the corals as I can with pellet food as well so hopefully things will start growing in soon... Most of the acans have new heads sprouting up along with the blastos and micros. :D

I promise, I'll get some new pics soon.

-Eric

Okay, so these are a little overdue... The corals on the sand bed along with the 4 cardinals were my trade at the Denver Aquarium for the Gigas. Patrick, I got the Gigas from a friend who got it from another local...

FTS, still not much to see:

DSCN4999.jpg

A little closer...

DSCN5001.jpg

DSCN5002.jpg

DSCN5003.jpg

And some close ups...

DSCN4963.jpg

DSCN4964.jpg

DSCN4965.jpg

DSCN4966.jpg

DSCN4968.jpg

DSCN4969.jpg

DSCN4972.jpg

Pink Lemonade Frag

DSCN4975.jpg

GARF Bonsai Frag

DSCN4976.jpg

UFO Micro

DSCN4983.jpg

Blue Tip Tenius

DSCN4984.jpg

Ponape BN

DSCN5014.jpg

PPE Blasto

DSCN5016.jpg

DSCN5012.jpg

DSCN5006.jpg

DSCN5005.jpg

These will be fragged down, as the pieces are too large for the scale of the tank right now...

DSCN4977.jpg

DSCN4978.jpg

DSCN4979.jpg

DSCN4980.jpg

Needreefunds

Great update Cal!

I disagree though, it is much to look at :P

A wonderful collection of frags you have in there already.

Thanks for the pics!

Hey Eric, I can't remember if this was in the plans, but are you going to leave the area above the tank as-is, or are you going to close it off?

lakshwadeep

I like the sps colonies. Now all you need is a webcam; people would be drooling all day! :lol:

Edited by lakshwadeep
Looks like it's coming along swimingly Calvin .

Thanks! I hope to add some more swimmers in the next week or two...

Great update Cal!

I disagree though, it is much to look at :P

A wonderful collection of frags you have in there already.

Thanks for the pics!

Thanks! Well it's not much from far... You have to be right up on it to see everything. ;)

Hey Eric, I can't remember if this was in the plans, but are you going to leave the area above the tank as-is, or are you going to close it off?

No, it will remain open... The only plans are to enclose the canopy, and I'll do that when I have a little more time and motivation.

I love that porites! Not often you see one that nice....

Thanks!

awesome

Thanks!

awesome town usa, population YOU. :D

LOL! Thanks bro!

I like the sps colonies. Now all you need is a webcam; people would be drooling all day! :lol:

Yeah... Don't think I need to run a computer all day. Electricity is bad enough and about to get worse when we turn on the AC... :lol:

I have a few fish on our clubs group buy order, we'll see when and what makes it in... I did move all the corals off the sand bed and into the rock work so I'll post more pics when I can.

Edited by calvin415

Hey, I volunteer at the aquarium. Wonder if I'll have some hand in setting the giga up in one of the tanks. That would be fun. I think QT is something along the lines of 40 days, but I'm really not allowed to talk about it, so.

Tank looks great Calvin. I'll have to steal stuff from you some time haha.

Right on, I guess I was really just thinking the canopy, like to hide the wires and make it all slick. I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said; this tank is just that good. You're certainly an asset to the hobby!

I'm impressed you are able to keep ALLLLLLLLLL that acrylic looking so clean. you are doing that just with your mag float?

Great progress!